[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

He was only bad under a horrible coach, same as OEL.  Myers is a career + player

Oh no he still has his moments, the thing that concerns me is that for a veteran NHL defenseman, why does he still have gaffs? :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh no he still has his moments, the thing that concerns me is that for a veteran NHL defenseman, why does he still have gaffs? :classic_biggrin:

Just turned 34 years old.  Father time (my speculation) might be playing a factor (it hits all pro athletes eventually - except for Chelios who was a freak of nature).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

Feels like only a few weeks ago people were still saying they can only beat bad teams. Shooting % too high. Blah blah blah. 

Suck my 

This last stretch of 20-30 games has really turned the narrative around.  We are a dominant team statistically almost every game now.  In the last 10 games, we have actually been quite unlucky according to analytics yet we are 7-1-2 in that stretch of games

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Good post; Shorter players really use their arms and swing them hard back and forth even more then your standard guys to generate speed. Hoggy does very

much. This stinks though because there's nothing wrong with it, IMO, and I hope the Hog doesn't let it get to him..

Omg, poor Hoglander. I sure hope he can afford groceries this week after that massive $2800 fine. My heart goes out to him and this tragedy that has befallen him. :frantic:

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Well we are all just fans so really its just our opinions. Don't really care still, he can go and I won't miss him. :classic_biggrin:

Not scapegoating him at all,just don't care. 

I didn't care about Bo, or Baertchi, or any other ex player who didn't help us win. 

Don't care about Taylor Swift either. :classic_laugh:

100% Yet we do have a couple voices that try to make it out as if there are no other defenceman in the world that could possibly replace his role/position on the team next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I don't know.  I don't see intent either, careless perhaps.  Looks like a position battle in front of the net.  I guess the DoPS really doesn't like that it was to the back of the head.

I think they fined him because they were embarrassed that they missed an obvious high stick during the game. 

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

100% Yet we do have a couple voices that try to make it out as if there are no other defenceman in the world that could possibly replace his role/position on the team next year.

We clear Meyers’ 6 mil after winning the Cup. Then Juulsson takes Myers’ minutes next year for 1 mil. Five extra mil to use for Hronek and Z to get bumps? Some to keep Bluger too?

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, stawns said:

Why do people think lack of intent matters? 

Carelessness can and should result in punishment too.  But I'd say intent can definitely be a factor that increases punishment severity.

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I loved that Millsy called out Larkin for diving. 

Raymond is also a huge diver. 

Det should be ashamed... 

Refs should pay the players for making their calls for them. It's like society in general, everyone's afraid of retaliation for damaging someone's reputation even if they deserve it. Yeah, good for Miller. He's not afraid of blowback. Zadorov either. 

I like this team. Looking forward to the addition of Bains. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1