[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 hour ago, Integra250 said:

Empty net was like

Avoid Spider Man GIF

I haven't gotten more than a single point all season in the PTSC thread and every time it's been for a Canucks win (have never predicted they lose) except for Sunday when I scored a bonus point for the super bowl winner.

Predicted Canucks would win 5-1 tonight

Can't catch a break lol

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Wow!! I fuckin’ love this team so much. I’m going to gush a bit here. There is something so special going on with this team right now. I’ve been around for 82, 94, 2011 and this team is, in my opinion, far and away the best built one. Huge credit to the management team for pulling it off so quickly. This team feels like a combo of 2011 and 94. Dominant, but with more of a lunchbox makeup. For me this all goes back to a key decision this management group made. Miller over Horvat. I loved the Milker acquisition ffom the get go and man, he is what this team has always been missing. The whole attitude of the team changed at that point and real emotion was injected in the team. Improved management, great coaching staff and a solid young core. The other thing I’m loving is the emergence of Hogz and Juulsen. Injection of some home developed talent. This reminds me of when Burrows and Juice first came up from the Moose. Every game they are becoming more and more important and reliable to this team, I think they are becoming core, our new Frik and Frak. 
Man, the boys look so good in those black jerseys and if any team is worthy of wearing them, it’s this iteration of the team. I could keep going, so nany other little things that are going right, but I’ve already written a novel here. I blame Alf for encouraging me to make empties. I’ve done that tonight and this is what happens.

Also loved Petey’s interview with Kate, love seeing him laughing, and he showed a lot of emotion tonight, which is good to see.

Lots of great points here. Even better to know that we still have guys in the pipeline who can come up to the show in the coming years to keep the team in the hunt for the Silver Chalice. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

1 more win we tie last year

2 more wins we beat last year

On pace for 119 points

Win 18 out of 27 and we break our record for wins in a season

Wonder when does the team start resting Demko at this rate he's going to be playing 60 games by the end of this season. 

And apparently the formula of cup winning teams is keeping staring goalies regular season games to keeping it below that. 

55 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

omg did Zadorov hit the griddy tonight

That was the best him making fun of that jackass from wings doing the griddy making himself look like a clown. 

Hahaha love Zad. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Wonder when does the team start resting Demko at this rate he's going to be playing 60 games by the end of this season. 

And apparently the formula of cup winning teams is keeping staring goalies regular season games to keeping it below that. 

DeSmith will likely play Monday against the Wild.  While Demko plays against COL on Tuesday.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

DeSmith will likely play Monday against the Wild.  While Demko plays against COL on Tuesday.

Yep but with 27 games left maybe Demko plays half of that ? Perhaps if the Canucks reach 100 pts they can let do DeSmith / Demko 2:1 

Happy with the victory tonight.  Thought it was a pretty good effort from the boyz  - didn't over extend too much or do anything crazy -  everyone just played a more conservative + less risky style.  Mistakes were somewhat limited + I liked how they were able to completely screen the Detroit goalie on two occasions, so much so - that the Canuck commentator said  - we could not see Lyon - how would he be able to even see the puck. (could not have said it any better)

Their upcoming schedule of games has quite a number of teams (including tonight) that on the bubble or are considered SC contenders - will give them a good feel of the level of competition that they may see in the playoffs as the intensity ramps up a notch.  Pretty much a dry run for JR+ company to evaluate for possible tweaking purposes.. 

Would luv to see them win most of them but more importantly, I want to see how competitive they are in all areas of the games + if further tweaking in personnel or systems would be needed.  Hope they get a good night rest and back at it tomorrow.

Just Win.jpg