[PGT] Deadwings at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

2 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

I haven't gotten more than a single point all season in the PTSC thread and every time it's been for a Canucks win (have never predicted they lose) except for Sunday when I scored a bonus point for the super bowl winner.

Predicted Canucks would win 5-1 tonight

Can't catch a break lol

Last game I was an empty better from the full meal deal. 

Brilliant game all around, very consistent winning team. We're clearly the best regular season team but have to hope it translates in the playoffs. I think it should but injuries, endurance and toughness always separates teams in the post season which is why big tough teams like Boston and Vegas do well. We have a fair bit of grit now all across our lineup though.

Don't see us losing a 4 game series to any team right now but still a long way to go. An extra depth RD at the deadline would be so crucial to be honest. We've got backup all across our lineup then in case of injuries or poor performance.

• Cheers 2

This is a great team…

seeing Petey and Lindy getting some chemistry happening we now have 3 very impressive lines to go with a great defence and great goalie 

They’re………

GREAT!!!

Frosted Flakes Swerk GIF

you didn’t see that coming…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GothamGhost said:

Big Z taunting the Wings was a thing of beauty. I hope they keep him around. 

This team desperately needed, for lack of better words,  modern day enforcer.    As in a legit NHL player, who adds colour, can cream guys, and deter players on other teams, from taking liberties on our stars (or anyone really).   They know, that we can retaliate in kind.   Soucy back, and with Juulsen as our 7th D.   

Would be nice to add another Joshua type in the top 12 forward group, Deslauriers or a Foligno, sure would look good in the Black Skate.     Speaking of which, hoping they unleash that for the post season.  11-1.     When we face EDM or Vegas, or even Dallas ... we could use any mental edge available.    EDM ... i'm sure one of Kane, Perry or Nurse is going to deliberately try and take out other players,  Vegas and Dallas at least, seem to respect the line, and can handle shenanigans.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Our top 6 dominated. Folks been too critical over their lack of production. It’s a long season, bounces don’t always go your way and effort level can’t be high all the time. I was never worried.

Let us all just hope that everyone is healthy and ready for the playoffs. If we are to win the Cup, we need all hands on deck. Not just the top 6, 3rd line or top defensive pair. Everyone!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I’m looking forward to the tougher matches with Boston Vegas Dallas and I guess now Florida Tampa bay… 

see how we match up…

So far, we are 3rd best in the league facing top teams.  

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

20240214_234623.jpg

Edmonton is 24th.  We all knew they had an easy schedule which is why they won 16 games in a row.  Their schedule becomes alot tougher moving forward.  As well, they have 5 more games they have to play versus everyone else, so they will be worn out come playoff time...

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

This team desperately needed, for lack of better words,  modern day enforcer.    As in a legit NHL player, who adds colour, can cream guys, and deter players on other teams, from taking liberties on our stars (or anyone really).   They know, that we can retaliate in kind.   Soucy back, and with Juulsen as our 7th D.   

Would be nice to add another Joshua type in the top 12 forward group, Deslauriers or a Foligno, sure would look good in the Black Skate.     Speaking of which, hoping they unleash that for the post season.  11-1.     When we face EDM or Vegas, or even Dallas ... we could use any mental edge available.    EDM ... i'm sure one of Kane, Perry or Nurse is going to deliberately try and take out other players,  Vegas and Dallas at least, seem to respect the line, and can handle shenanigans.   

IMO, he's a 4, or 5 dman. The coaching staff has really elevated his game, especially on the PK. Makes me think we don't need Tanev, but, I know how injuries play into a long playoff run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

On pace for 119.228 points ... Based on our winning percentage.   .727 x 82 x 2.    As sick as 21 out of 27 is, we are pacing that,   55 wins and a bit so far anyways this year.   55gp, 37 wins.   We've won  67.27% of our games, over 82 games, it comes to 55.   Yikes right?   

For me the best part is our 5 x 5 play produces at a much higher rate.    And we've got the best PK in the league so far in 2024.    Hopefully when Lindholm settles in, and maybe if Kessel works out (4th line and 2nd PP unit), our PP will start clicking before the playoffs too.   Boston got the book on ours and figured out how to expose it (think they might of scored more short handed goals against us, then we scored on the PP).     A hot power play for sure helps, despite ours falling off a cliff in 2024 so far (10th now, 23.9%),  we still are winning a lot.    

Once that starts clicking,  this team will have it all.   Already has enough to win a cup.  See Allvin working a little more along the edges, our depth is pretty great too with what's in Abby.   A lot of 7th D's, and 13th forwards. 

you are bloody well right, Boston's PK against us should be something we learn from... they charged us at every point, rushing the passing and causing chaos.

I think when we beat Edmonton so bad, they looked at our game and stole a bunch of ideas too.

When another team does something really well, we should at least try it? And figure out how to beat the boston PK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

At this rate, I think Juulsen's on track to become the replacement for Myers. Or perhaps we we re-sign Myers at something like $3 million per and let Cole walk.

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Zadorov Juulsen

People are complaining that Mik is under $5 million as a 3rd-4th liner, $3 million for a depth defenceman? There will still be chaos giraffe cracks then.

• Vintage 1