[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I hear ya. I too don't like high numbers but since the past several years this arrangement seems to be the opposite of how it used to be..

Personally for a big tough guy like Joshia I love a number in the late 10s or late 20s. Like 17/18/26/27/28....

but he's #81

For Dmen I like single digit numbers. 

Back when I was young thats how it was and only the stars got high numbers. But if you go down the lineup 50% of the players on the roster have high numbers. 

11  players on Canucks have #51 or above 

And all the star players have lower numbers

Boeser #6

Miller #9

Lindholm #23

EP #40 

Hughes #43

Hronek #17

Exactly same. I like everyone jammed in 1 - 30. Done 

5 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Exactly same. I like everyone jammed in 1 - 30. Done 

Low numbers or high numbers don't bother me one way or the other.

But I think we should stop retiring numbers or eventually there will be more higher numbers used. We could have banners honouring our star players instead. Or we could add letters. 1A,2B etc.

1 minute ago, Joe King said:

But I think we should stop retiring numbers or eventually there will be more higher numbers used. We could have banners honouring our star players instead. Or we could add letters. 1A,2B etc.

The Canucks have a lot of retired numbers considering they have zero cups and 50 years of existence.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chris12345 said:

Nice!!!!! I believe I have 60 plus bottles hahahahaha 

I'll help you 🙂 

Don't have that many whiskies but guess 30-40 bottles of liquor of various kind, so there is mostly something for any visitor....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, spook007 said:

I'll help you 🙂 

Don't have that many whiskies but guess 30-40 bottles of liquor of various kind, so there is mostly something for any visitor....

The Empties are bowing to you too. It’s true strength to have so many bottles, and not make the empties. 🙇 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Empties are bowing to you too. It’s true strength to have so many bottles, and not make the empties. 🙇 

Social drinker... prefer to go out for a few instead of sitting home... 

In saying that, I have a few selected ready for play offs time. Nowhere to watch the games at 3am and have a drink at the same time here 😂

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Joe King said:

If we win the Cup with this group then some numbers will definitely be retired.. 

Otherwise I'm not a fan of retiring numbers.. win a cup and top guys who stay here for a long time get number retired..

• Cheers 3

It’s crazy the delusion of Oilers broadcast compared to Flames broadcast.  The Oilers broadcast thinks that they can do no wrong and always have all the calls going against them, while the Flames broadcast can’t believe they weren’t called for a penalty.  One of the reasons I respect the flames way more than the oilers.  Quite a bit more of self realization and not straight delusional 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

It’s crazy the delusion of Oilers broadcast compared to Flames broadcast.  The Oilers broadcast thinks that they can do no wrong and always have all the calls going against them, while the Flames broadcast can’t believe they weren’t called for a penalty.  One of the reasons I respect the flames way more than the oilers.  Quite a bit more of self realization and not straight delusional 

I made mention of the Oilers commentators last week. It's absolutely disgraceful and embarrassing how bad they talk up the Oilers. They rival the Boston guys for biggest douchbags Homer broadcasters. 

• Cheers 2