[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

No one beats Shorty and Ray tho, pretty honest coverage from those two. 

I was watching the 2 games on ABC for a change. Messier and Subban doing the pre-game and intermissions at the out door game coming up later today in Jersey. I wanted to hate them, but were quite funny and entertaining. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

I was watching the 2 games on ABC for a change. Messier and Subban doing the pre-game and intermissions at the out door game coming up later today in Jersey. I wanted to hate them, but were quite funny and entertaining. 

The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

It’s crazy the delusion of Oilers broadcast compared to Flames broadcast.  The Oilers broadcast thinks that they can do no wrong and always have all the calls going against them, while the Flames broadcast can’t believe they weren’t called for a penalty.  One of the reasons I respect the flames way more than the oilers.  Quite a bit more of self realization and not straight delusional 

So many of the broadcasters literally yell and scream  to compensate for their inability to call a good game. Oilers broadcasts are among the worst. They put some screechy growl in their voice that is so annoying. Hard to listen to after having the best here in Vancouver. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

So many of the broadcasters literally yell and scream  to compensate for their inability to call a good game. Oilers broadcasts are among the worst. They put some screechy growl in their voice that is so annoying. Hard to listen to after having the best here in Vancouver. 

Rick Ball is fine. But I think he's mostly with Winnipeg games. But he does the odd Alberta games.

• Upvote 1

So word of caution. Baileys Light. 40% less sugar than regular Bailey's is NOT worth it. It's basically Bailey's watered down.

I just looked up Regular Bailey's it's 9 grams of sugar for 50 ml, and 18 for 100ml.

Bad call. I'm trying to cut more sugar intake. But blech.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was Stevie Y a whiney little bitch? because thats the culture he's creating there. 

I don't remember him being whiney. But then again I didn't really start watching Detroit games until after Scotty Bowman became head coach.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or I'll watch it on mute. There should be an ice level audio option, with no play by play. Just the sounds on the ice.

Before the digital age, we could turn down the tv and listen to the radio (which was always better) but now there is so much lag, it never times up with the TV.

Radio is way ahead of rogers video.

I agree, there should be an option to just hear the ice, like if you were there live and hear the ice squeek when a big guy like Myers goes on a tear

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Was Stevie Y a whiney little bitch? because thats the culture he's creating there. 

No way, the red wings were hard and awesome.

Grind line was killer, hoping our peaky bluegers can be as good and stevie played through injury and was great in his later years. Dats and zetterburg, lidstrom, hard to hate any of them. Sad they've become such divers.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't remember him being whiney. But then again I didn't really start watching Detroit games until after Scotty Bowman became head coach.

He wasn't really whiny but he was like Gretzky who had Semenko  and Stevie had Probert if someone did something they didn't like..... There Will Be Blood....  

• Cheers 2

Just now, OldFaithfulcap said:

No way, the red wings were hard and awesome.

Grind line was killer, hoping our peaky bluegers can be as good and stevie played through injury and was great in his later years. Dats and zetterburg, lidstrom, hard to hate any of them. Sad they've become such divers.

Yzerman had what looked to be a career ending knee injury in his late 20's or something. He came back and played the other half of his career on essentially one knee. Defiantly not a whiner.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Yzerman had what looked to be a career ending knee injury in his late 20's or something. He came back and played the other half of his career on essentially one knee. Defiantly not a whiner.

So he was like Orr the last half? I don't think so. The difference between early 70's knee surgery and 90's knee surgery is night and day. My Mom was a nurse and she always bemoaned that Orr had knee injuries a decade too soon.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

So he was like Orr the last half? I don't think so. The difference between early 70's knee surgery and 90's knee surgery is night and day. My Mom was a nurse and she always bemoaned that Orr had knee injuries a decade too soon.

Cool story... But this is about whether or not he was a whiner, not medical advances throughout the decades.