[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Took me forever to find Chicago on there lol weird logo

That is on there shoulders of the jersey not there crests. Considering the predictions, it doesn't surprise me.

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

In my defense I’m still sober, I take everyone seriously.

He didn’t specify when said empty goal is scored by Demko. In the middle of the first period with the score still tied 0-0, Canucks on delayed penalty and the puck travels towards Demko. He does his best impersonation of Chuck Norris and redirects the puck towards the Jets empty net with just his eyes, without coming into puck possession. NHL has no choice but to award Demko the empty netter 😁

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

While we wait for the game to start, now that Dallas couldn't close the deal against the Coilers, below was a prediction made pre-season by The Athletic 

image.thumb.jpeg.ce4664e7bdfec5fc3f275d52243d95b2.jpeg

A few surprises I am sure, LOL hello from our team, TO and Pittsburgh not slotted in correctly now that the season is about 2/3 through-ish ... ahh the benefit of hindsight.

Lol, media are such Leaf blowers. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Believe In Blue said:

Lol, media are such Leaf blowers. 

One thing is, no one was predicting what we've accomplished so far. 

I sure wasn't. 

Maybe 3rd in our division, wild card? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

He didn’t specify when said empty goal is scored by Demko. In the middle of the first period with the score still tied 0-0, Canucks on delayed penalty and the puck travels towards Demko. He does his best impersonation of Chuck Norris and redirects the puck towards the Jets empty net with just his eyes, without coming into puck possession. NHL has no choice but to award Demko the empty netter 😁

Now you that you have gone and done opened an Ole Can of Whoop-Ass (aka Chuck Norris)

If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, 'Two seconds till.' After you ask, 'Two seconds to what?' he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Chuck Norris can dribble 3 bowling balls at once, one with each hand and the 3rd with with his ... ahem

The flu gets its Chuck Norris shot twice a year

I'll see myself out

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

One thing is, no one was predicting what we've accomplished so far. 

I sure wasn't. 

Maybe 3rd in our division, wild card? 

I definitely didn’t either. I was hoping a playoff wild card at best. Goes to show how unpredictable the season can be

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Now you that you have gone and done opened an Ole Can of Whoop-Ass (aka Chuck Norris)

If you ask Chuck Norris what time it is, he always says, 'Two seconds till.' After you ask, 'Two seconds to what?' he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Chuck Norris can dribble 3 bowling balls at once, one with each hand and the 3rd with with his ... ahem

I'll see myself out

IF CHUCK NORRIS WAS YOUR CPO

I'd like to see Baines get a shot at the 4th line for PDG. PDG is a great story of perseverance,  but the team has outgrown him. He is an offensive black hole. Now that Hoggy is on L1 and Suter on L2, the fourth line has nothing going on offensively. I hope Aman can develop onto more of an offensive threat, but right now he's just great on the PK, and I know Tocchet loves him. Maybe Baines on that line can get the puck to his linemates in scoring position. Otherwise that line will all play less than eight minutes again, which is not a recipe for playoff success with a compressed playoff schedule down the road.

• Cheers 1

Not feeling that confident about this game.  Canucks always seem to struggle against the Jets.  Their defensive game is a tough one to crack, especially with Hellebuyck playing as well as he is.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

I got you covered!

A Gorilla's Lunch

1) Fill a rocks glass with large cubed ice

2) Pour 1 oz of Banana Liqueur over the ice

3) Pour 1 oz of Kahlua over the banana Liqueur

4) Add some milk or cream or heavy cream, about 1 oz or so, volume and ingredient depending on how creamy you like your drinks

5) Water down with 2 oz of good VODKA - Grey Goose, Ketel One, Stolichnaya, Russian Standard Gold or a nod to my dear departed grandpa Moskovskaya (decent for the money)

Give a stir with a swizzle stick.

6) Garnish (optional) with a slice of pineapple, wheel of orange or Maraschino cherry

7) Make a round every 15 minutes until someone passes out then bump to 30 minutes

It is a drink I put out during Christmas and every year a couple of 60-pounders are mostly finished by the end of the night. 

challenge accepted training GIF

• MillerTime 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not feeling that confident about this game.  Canucks always seem to struggle against the Jets.  Their defensive game is a tough one to crack, especially with Hellebuyck playing as well as he is.

Even if we lose this game, we  will learn what this team is going to have to prepare for the Playoffs

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I'll see myself out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

While we wait for the game to start, now that Dallas couldn't close the deal against the Coilers, below was a prediction made pre-season by The Athletic 

image.thumb.jpeg.ce4664e7bdfec5fc3f275d52243d95b2.jpeg

A few surprises I am sure, LOL hello from our team, TO and Pittsburgh not slotted in correctly now that the season is about 2/3 through-ish ... ahh the benefit of hindsight.

The athletic has Cowtown ahead of us :classic_blink:

• Haha 2