[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

A "show me" game, and I still think the Canucks can lack heart at crunch time.  Much as I hate to say it, and would love to be proven wrong ... 4-0 Jets

No way man, we got this.  What's with giving up before the game even starts?  Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

A "show me" game, and I still think the Canucks can lack heart at crunch time.  Much as I hate to say it, and would love to be proven wrong ... 4-0 Jets

b73wUq1jFLBTy.webp

5 minutes ago, nux_win said:

No way man, we got this.  What's with giving up before the game even starts?  Go Canucks Go!

Hey, I've been a fan since the mid 70s as a young'un, no one wants them to win more than I do, but I just get the feeling that this team plays down to lower level teams at times, and cannot rise to the occasion with high level teams.  I just think that this, unfortunately, will be one of those times.  

I've been scarred by too many Canuck games where they don't put in 100% effort ...

Edited by Hockey God
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Hockey God said:

Hey, I've been a fan since the mid 70s as a young'un, no one wants them to win more thna I do, but I just get the feeling that this team plays down to lower level teams at times, and cannot rise to the occasion with high level teams.  I just think that this, unfortunately, will be one of those times.  

OK, you be you.  Me?  I think we're going to win.  Go Canucks Go!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Hockey God said:

Hey, I've been a fan since the mid 70s as a young'un, no one wants them to win more thna I do, but I just get the feeling that this team plays down to lower level teams at times, and cannot rise to the occasion with high level teams.  I just think that this, unfortunately, will be one of those times.  

• Cheers 3
  • MillerTime 1

I find these days that the score and time left are very small on my TV. I have a 42 inch. Maybe it is in my best interest that the score and time are a bit small, like now. 

I am watching the Habs game before the Canucks game. 

Edited by brilac
  • Cheers 1

I've been scarred by too many Canuck games where they don't put in 100% effort ...

44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

Same--totally. But this team really is different: they haven't had an extended losing streak, and their "weak" efforts are narrow victories against non-playoff teams we'd all like to see them beat by 4 or 5 goals. Like so many in the media we're expecting the balloon to pop any day now. But it hasn't: every team has ups and downs, but this team has been remarkably consistent and rarely mails it in. They just get points. 

8 minutes ago, brilac said:

I find these days that the score and time left are very small on my TV. I have a 42 inch. Maybe it is in my best interest that the score and time are a bit small, like now. 

I am watching the Habs game before the Canucks game. 

sorry for your loss!