[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

16 minutes ago, Mikeyman109 said:

One of the bigger tests as we have had issues beating Winnipeg the last few years. They play a style that is always tough on us. Its time for the team to show up in a big game and even if we lose i want to see a close game. Take it to the Jets, pressure all mover the ice, Help out the D. Play like a playoff game. Demmer has to play great. Petey has to show up in this game. Please let the power play get on track. Go Canucks go

Yeah I would like to see Petey get on a roll soon(string together a couple of good games) and RT has intructed them to shoot more on the PP, we shall see how that turned out. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We have 27 games left.

If you count from the last game you get 28, and you can basically divide into 4, 7 game series with different opponents at different levels.

But it's a good gauge, with a lot of tough opponents and seeing if the team can win 4 out of every 7 games. It can help develop good habits as the games

get more amped up for the upcoming playoffs.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the deadline. I think the Canucks were smart to make moves before the deadline so the players learn to work together.

That is hilarious, I was thinking this exact same thing ... split and win at least 5 out of 7. 

This also reminds me of how a team once got into the playoffs, as explained by the coach at the time. I think it was Sutter and Calgary, but I could be wrong and someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong and ideally with a source, who told the team [parapharasing], "let's not look at it as we need to win 15 or 16 out of 20 games, let's look at this in 3 games series. Let's win each series the rest of the way." ... and they did.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

That is hilarious, I was thinking this exact same thing ... split and win at least 5 out of 7. 

This also reminds me of how a team once got into the playoffs, as explained by the coach at the time. I think it was Sutter and Calgary, but I could be wrong and someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I am wrong and ideally with a source, who told the team [parapharasing], "let's not look at it as we need to win 15 out of 20 games, let's look at this in 5 games series. Let's win each series the rest of the way." ... and they did.

Tocchet is a "one game at a time"  guy.  At any rate, you definitely can't get ahead of yourself

• Cheers 3

I am conflicted.

Miller is the king but I dont cae for the emoji.

I dont like the beer company that is now getting free promo on the back of said king.

Anyways....'there it is'. ( which was the best emoji in the history of CDC/CFF)

Go Nucks.

• MillerTime 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Sit Mik for Bains.

Mik needs a maintenance day.

The jets are not the team to do that against though, I'm thinking Minny or Seattle might be a good spot to get him in.

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I am conflicted.

Miller is the king but I dont cae for the emoji.

I dont like the beer company that is now getting free promo on the back of said king.

Anyways....'there it is'. ( which was the best emoji in the history of CDC/CFF)

Go Nucks.

I miss 'there it is' too.

Interesting point about the 'Miller Time'.

Change the emoji to JT in that evening dress?

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Goal_thecup said:

Haha,

Nah,  but what about the locker room flex picture, after his motivational speech?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Why not? Let's see where he's at.

If I were RT, I'd be approaching the games against top teams as playoff warm ups and I'd want my playoff lineup to play them 

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

giphy.gif

But happy that mods are moderating and changing things up as well.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

Why not? Let's see where he's at.

Should be plenty of time to do that. Look like DJ is out for awhile. 

Might not be good to start getting cocky quite yet. I mean we hope he will play well but there is a reason he wasn't already up.

Just now, stawns said:

If I were RT, I'd be approaching the games against top teams as playoff warm ups and I'd want my playoff lineup to play them 

Wouldn't it be good to know if Bains can handle it now in case he's a injury call up in the playoffs?

Even if he gets schooled a bit he'll know what to work on

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

If anything, I'd play him against the Kraken. Seattle's closer and he can get back to Abby quicker.

Sure but I'm a little confused. Does it matter if he can get back to Abby quicker, isn't he up with the big team already and would thus be travelling with the team to Minnesota and Colorado regardless?

It's also a back to back with Minny so it puts a more rested player into the line-up

Edited by Gawdzukes

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Wouldn't it be good to know if Bains can handle it now in case he's a injury call up in the playoffs?

Even if he gets schooled a bit he'll know what to work on

Need to run with what we know rather than experimenting and taking risks. Especially against top teams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Desmenko 1