[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But we are #1 in the league 

Probably in part because we don't mess around with our success. I do get what you're saying in theory but it has been known to backfire on teams that get too cute with that type of stuff. Generally you want to dress the strongest roster you can in every game, right down to the last man. Getting cocky can undo great accomplishments. Otherwise we would have seen Pods, Sasson, Raty, Woo, Silovs, McDonaugh, McWard, Klimovich, etc., already.

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm still puzzled why Marchand gets away with it?  Multiple Get out of Jail Free cards?

Possibly a post game review ala Hoglander, where they enforce a minimum fine and just add it to the long list of his on ice discretions ?

• Sad 1

Getting pumped for the game tonight, and for the most part CFF 

But can we agree to just ,leave Petey alone for a bit, top point getter on the team, top 5 in the NHL and just putting a new line together and they managed at least 5 points last game and Petey had 3 assists.

Not whining it just seems a little Rodney Dangerfield around here sometimes.

GCG 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Got to remember this and CDC had people getting worked up over facial expressions, and a yawn during a game....

Yeah we have a superstar at 25 years old who has won the hardest shot at the NHL All Star Game..... that's what I see.

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Getting pumped for the game tonight, and for the most part CFF 

But can we agree to just ,leave Petey alone for a bit, top point getter on the team, top 5 in the NHL and just putting a new line together and they managed at least 5 points last game and Petey had 3 assists.

Not whining it just seems a little Rodney Dangerfield around here sometimes.

GCG 

Whoah! There's puittin one in the chamber. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, who cares how many points he scores its how he helps the team win. I am pretty sure thats what they are saying in Toronto too and its not really helping them is it?

I have heard the name "Streaky Pete" lately and the best thing he can do for himself is string "back to back" good games for himself, if that is possible. 

I am just hoping he puts a good effort together is all, points or no points and he helps us win the game.

42 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm still puzzled why Marchand gets away with it?  Multiple Get out of Jail Free cards?

NHL has made enough money from him, sympathy I suppose. 

If the latest suspension holds, Marchand will have been suspended for a total of 28 games and lost over $1.4 million of salary during his 13-year career in the NHL.

Just now, DeNiro said:

If it was any other player it would have been nothing.

NHL assuming he was targeting Walman? 😂

Great, if we make the playoffs, we not only have to face the opposing teams, the refs, and Player Safety.....

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Great, if we make the playoffs, we not only have to face the opposing teams, the refs, and Player Safety.....

Exactly why we need another D man.

Safe to assume one of Myers or Zadorov will be suspended for something.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Whoah! There's puittin one in the chamber. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, who cares how many points he scores its how he helps the team win. I am pretty sure thats what they are saying in Toronto too and its not really helping them is it?

I have heard the name "Streaky Pete" lately and the best thing he can do for himself is string "back to back" good games for himself, if that is possible. 

I am just hoping he puts a good effort together is all, points or no points and he helps us win the game.

Hey Edgar,

I love hockey but a don't give a spit about Toronto, now that is some poor management.

Sweet Pete may not be doing the things he got away with earlier in his career I think mostly because he is so heavily scouted. 

And tonight is beer night in the leather recliner watching my favorite version of the Canucks shot pass and kick some a** 

Now I have to go back to work have fun tonight CFF, and remember it's not who wins or loses it ah screw it yes it does matter GCG  

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Kings manage to sneak back into that 3 spot we could potentially be seeing a first round preview in the Oilers stars game.

Kings aren’t sneaking into anything. They caught Boston on a bad day. B’s are in a rut the last couple. Lost to the Smelly Cowpies too. The playoffs are pretty much set. The Coilers will play Vegas. We will play the 8th seed and crush them loserdoodles, whoever they are!!! 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If Kings manage to sneak back into that 3 spot we could potentially be seeing a first round preview in the Oilers stars game.

Thinking it will be Col vs Edm - Vgk vs Wpg. Which is good cause those 4 teams will kick the crap out of each other while we are playing the last wild card team. Lots of hockey left but if everything is pointing in that direction. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kings aren’t sneaking into anything. They caught Boston on a bad day. B’s are in a rut the last couple. Lost to the Smelly Cowpies too. The playoffs are pretty much set. The Coilers will play Vegas. We will play the 8th seed and crush them loserdoodles, whoever they are!!! 

Hopefully the Flames sneak into 8th so we crush them 🤩

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1