[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Well, can't say I'm surprised.  Called it 3hrs ago.

Up until now Vancouver has controlled most of the game. Juulsen got caught twice and had no business making that hit. Pick and choose your battles. He’s on a high after scoring that goal and is more inclined to make risky plays. He won’t ever make that mistake again. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Not entirely, I agree. Juuls made a big hit to attempt to stop the entry but had no defensive back pressure or a partner who could do anything but fall down…as always. 

Juuls took himself out of the play on both goals.  On the hit, he should have let that guy have the boards, he's not scoring on demko from there and garland was back anyway.  The second one was obvious

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Winnipeg may be a bit better than Canucks 

Defensively they are without a doubt.  That's why Hellebuyck is doing so well.  How many grade A chances have the Canucks actually had all game?

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

We are playing a great game imo.  Some bad reffing and two bad uncharacteristic defensive breakdowns is what this game boils down to.  We’ve been the better team

We are playing a great game. Never said we weren't. 

Gotta beat the Bruins, Jets, the benchmark teams at some point.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

We are the better team, that’s clear this game.  Just sometimes the bounces don’t go your way

I was thinking the opposite tbh. Their top players have showed up while our top players have been invisible and have not responded well to the physical play. We have goals from Myers and Juulsen. The Jets best players have been their best players... Hellebuyck, Connors, Sheifele, Vilardi.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

At some point, we really need to make a statement against top teams.

Jets are forcing us to elevate our game.

Honestly, I think this is probably a two round team

• Upvote 1