[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was thinking the opposite tbh. Their top players have showed up while our top players have been invisible and have not responded well to the physical play. We have goals from Myers and Juulsen. The Jets best players have been their best players... Hellebuyck, Connors, Sheifele, Vilardi.

Agreed

• Confused 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was thinking the opposite tbh. Their top players have showed up while our top players have been invisible and have not responded well to the physical play. We have goals from Myers and Juulsen. The Jets best players have been their best players... Hellebuyck, Connors, Sheifele, Vilardi.

93692e02ed0fcf71dcb20c2181c54f4b.gif

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Ok so pick and choose who you consider top teams to fit your narrative got it 👍🏻

No, the fact is, we need to beat the benchmark teams at some point - the teams we've been talking about and measuring against - Bruins, Jets. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jim McMahon said:

Up until now Vancouver has controlled most of the game. Juulsen got caught twice and had no business making that hit. Pick and choose your battles. He’s on a high after scoring that goal and is more inclined to make risky plays. He won’t ever make that mistake again. 

I disagree.  Our opportunities have primarily been kept to the perimeter.  The Jets are very defensively sound.  It might look like the Canucks had control, but really, how many grade A chances have they actually had?  Against a team like this the PP has to click.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Well when is the last time Petey and Miller, and Boeser have had a dominant game together at the same time? It’s been a while. Boeser has completely disappeared yet again.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Just because you don’t score doesn’t mean they didn’t show up.  Miller line has been excellent, 4th line with their best game, the other two have been ok

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ribs said:

This is an easy win if the PP connects.

PP hasn't connected for 7 games. I think it is now 0/20 in the last 7 games. Yeah it's a slump but it needs to change. I'd try Zadorov as a net front presence ala Chara. They need to do something to mix it up.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

No.  Hellebuyck's team has given up way fewer grade A chances.  The last 2 were 2 on 1s.  The other 2 were PP goals.  This isn't on Demko.

Demko over is an overcommitting fool on odd man rushes.