[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was thinking the opposite tbh. Their top players have showed up while our top players have been invisible and have not responded well to the physical play. We have goals from Myers and Juulsen. The Jets best players have been their best players... Hellebuyck, Connors, Sheifele, Vilardi.

yea petey invisible, miller invisible, Boeser nothing, 2nd goal was on demko 

1 minute ago, Goalie Interference said:

I'd say we controlled the play 5-on-5 through 2. Specials teams and 3p defensive breakdowns have cost us

But never really dangerous, the jets kept them to the outside most of the game

• Desmenko 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I was thinking the opposite tbh. Their top players have showed up while our top players have been invisible and have not responded well to the physical play. We have goals from Myers and Juulsen. The Jets best players have been their best players... Hellebuyck, Connors, Sheifele, Vilardi.

Reality spoken by a non biased fan.  It's absolutely true.  But give the Jets credit for shutting down our guys too.  No surprise.  The Jets are probably one of the best defensive teams in the league.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

We have what it takes to be a force in the playoffs, whether we get there or not is another story. If the PP could figure out what way the opponents net is, it would be a start. 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hellebuyck hasn’t given up more than 3 goals since November. 

And Jets rarely score this many.  

At least two more games vs Jets.   Room for improvement. 

Struggling powerplay, miscues on the penalty kill and thats a wrap. We outplayed them this game and deserved to win if you ignore the special teams but unfortunately cant do that. 

Cant wait till Soucy gets back in the lineup. 

Don’t let special teams be the difference in this one. 

That means the refs CAN determine the outcome & we can all see how they’d prefer things to go.

Each zebra has his own unalienable biases. It’s up to the league to root out any existing or lingering bias, as the IIHF does …& NOT be deploying it! 

^That’s our frustration,… when f’ing-up & losing control or proper perspective over a high-profile game is labeled  “experience” & not disqualifying.