[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Thinking it will be Col vs Edm - Vgk vs Wpg. Which is good cause those 4 teams will kick the crap out of each other while we are playing the last wild card team. Lots of hockey left but if everything is pointing in that direction. 

How would Vegas play Winnipeg?

Thats very unlikely.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Park Zadorov and others in front of the net. Something we haven’t seen enough of this year. He’ll have a hard time stopping it if he can’t see it coming off the stick. 

Park Giraffe  don't want Big Z hurt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Am I (still) missing something here ... isn't Dakota Joshua injured (hand week-to-week) and that's why Bains has been called up? This can't be new news to you can it? 

RT said he'd like to see him as well so I think so Minnesota seems like a perfect opportunity, or Seattle, but Minnesota is a lower tier team as well and gets him in a little sooner. I don't think we'll see much of a drop off if any besides PDG, even Lafferty, and Bains.

I would imagine we'll want to see if he can fill in adequately down the stretch (and further) while DJ is hurt. It's probably going to be a month or more judging by past comments by RT, the injury, and his comments on DJ the other day.

Yes, you are missing something.

Bains is an unknown at this level and you are assuming we're going to rely on him. Especially saying we won't see much of a drop off between Bains, PDG, and Lafferty. We haven't even seen Bains at this level yet. 

RT said he wants to see what he can do and the Joshua void will be by committee. 

58 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Probably in part because we don't mess around with our success. I do get what you're saying in theory but it has been known to backfire on teams that get too cute with that type of stuff. Generally you want to dress the strongest roster you can in every game, right down to the last man. Getting cocky can undo great accomplishments. Otherwise we would have seen Pods, Sasson, Raty, Woo, Silovs, McDonaugh, McWard, Klimovich, etc., already.

Things get tighter down the stretch. Not probably. They do. 

You tighten what you can rely on and optimize that for the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

Getting pumped for the game tonight, and for the most part CFF 

But can we agree to just ,leave Petey alone for a bit, top point getter on the team, top 5 in the NHL and just putting a new line together and they managed at least 5 points last game and Petey had 3 assists.

Not whining it just seems a little Rodney Dangerfield around here sometimes.

GCG 

tough-crowd-comedian.gif

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Good test to play a solid team defence and goalie and our most influential line is broken up, but Petey and Lindholm look like they're starting some chemistry of their own. Winnipeg are struggling the last few games so now's a great opportunity to pounce on them. Usually these expectedly-low scoring games end up being wild.

5-3 Canucks