[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is frustrating to watch right now 

Jets hockey is tight defence.  It'll always be frustrating against these guys.  Gotta get a 2 goal lead and get them to open up defensively.  Easier said than done.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, LaBamba said:

The Jets are built for the playoffs, I really don’t see how any team is going to beat them 4 times in 2 weeks. 

The Canucks will. The Jets have been lucky tonight. They’ve known when to sell it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HKSR said:

I disagree.  Our opportunities have primarily been kept to the perimeter.  The Jets are very defensively sound.  It might look like the Canucks had control, but really, how many grade A chances have they actually had?  Against a team like this the PP has to click.

Canucks are also without some key depth. I bet you anything if we had Soucy and Joshua playing we would be dominating the Jets. Canucks are a very defensively sound team and losing two very defensively sound players tends to diminish their defensive abilities. Now the power play is an entirely different problem. The players need to figure it out. There’s a lot of miscommunication between the units. On another note the Jets are completely healthy with Helleybuck playing lights out goaltending. They are taking advantage of Vancouvers mistakes and 2 of those mistakes came from an inexperienced player. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Don’t let special teams be the difference in this one. 

That means the refs CAN determine the outcome & we can all see how they’d prefer things to go.

Each zebra has his own unalienable biases. It’s up to the league to root out any existing or lingering bias, as the IIHF does …& NOT be deploying it! 

^That’s our frustration,… when f’ing-up & losing control or proper perspective over a high-profile game is labeled  “experience” & not disqualifying. 

Good teams adjust to however the reffing is.  You play within the context and adjust your game accordingly.  Vancouver did not, they played undisciplined all game and it burned them

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Yeah I'm not overly phased right now.  The playoffs will be a different kinda game.  When our defenceman slam their forwards over and over and over in a series, it'll make a difference. 

Yes it does, as long they don't give up the go ahead goal every time.  Then it will be a short series.  

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Meh.. we are missing DJ and Soucy.  Those two are made for this type of game.  First meeting this season.  We are a different team and not to be compared to past years.

different team same result hellebyuck is a brick wall.. guy haven't given up 3+ goals in like 3 months

11 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

PP killing us tonight

Special teams was the difference, the slanted & borderline calls therefore became integral to the games outcome,…and the Jets’ embellishing antics grew…& grew  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

An entertaining game, but poorly managed by Van, imo.  I agree with the poster who said this team has to start beating top teams

That wasn't an entertaining game. It was sloppy as hell by both teams and the officiating was bush league. Canucks didn't give the effort, but everything about

the game was 2nd rate, including the anounsers..

• Like 1

Even strength the Canucks buried the Jets tonight. If you think otherwise after actually watching this game, you have brain damage. This was absolutely a special teams fail by the Canucks. That's it. That's the game. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

The Jets are built for the playoffs, I really don’t see how any team is going to beat them 4 times in 2 weeks. 

Hellebuck is all they have.  They haven’t been that good defensively especially in the second period.  First and third they locked it down, but we locked down the first and second 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't think they outplayed them, I think Winnipeg rope a doped them

Outside the powerplay, Winnipeg had nothing in the first two periods. Unless I missed something, they had maybe 1 or 2 high danger chances and 14 shots or something through 2. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just feel a difference between our top players and other teams. When ours have bad games they have BAD games. Completely soft and do

not dominate at all. I do question whether they have it in them. We have a lot of wins but it’s not because of our top players stepping up for the majority of them. Our third line has been way more important than the other top lines. That says a lot.

Not sure I agree that they had a bad game.  Juuls has been a rock back there but those two plays really cost us.  Now the Noston game, that was bad