[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

Canucks are also without some key depth. I bet you anything if we had Soucy and Joshua playing we would be dominating the Jets. Canucks are a very defensively sound team and losing two very defensively sound players tends to diminish their defensive abilities. Now the power play is an entirely different problem. The players need to figure it out. There’s a lot of miscommunication between the units. On another note the Jets are completely healthy with Helleybuck playing lights out goaltending. They are taking advantage of Vancouvers mistakes and 2 of those mistakes came from an inexperienced player. 

Soucy is a huge difference maker.  He balances out our defence the way Tanev used to.  Need him back if we have any chance of out duelling a super defensive team like the Jets.

Just now, 4petesake said:

We have beaten 3 of the top 4 - FLA, Dallas, NYR.

Blanked against the next 3 - Col, Winnipeg, Vegas.

I know that. Try to see what I'm saying. Lost to Bruins, losing to Jets, two measuring teams that we need to make statements as the #1 team. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

How terrible was that LA trade where they gave them Vilardi, Iaffalo, Kupari and a second rounder for PLD...got to be one of the worst trades of the past few years. 

Winnipeg had a steal with that trade.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

Even strength the Canucks buried the Jets tonight. If you think otherwise after actually watching this game, you have brain damage. This was absolutely a special teams fail by the Canucks. That's it. That's the game. 

Canucks haven’t handled pressure games well at all. I guess they are still learning but when is the lesson learned?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

But never really dangerous, the jets kept them to the outside most of the game

It would be interesting to see a shot chart for this game. I feel like we had a lot of puccks in the crease, and shots from between the dots. But admittedly, more in the first 2 periods than here in the 3rd

1 minute ago, Mc1laren said:

Outside the powerplay, Winnipeg had nothing in the first two periods. Unless I missed something, they had maybe 1 or 2 high danger chances and 14 shots or something through 2. 

Rope a dope ( if you're old enough for Ali)

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Canucks haven’t handled pressure games well at all. I guess they are still learning but when is the lesson learned?

Couldn't be any further from the truth but not surprising coming from you

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

How terrible was that LA trade where they gave them Vilardi, Iaffalo, Kupari and a second rounder for PLD...got to be one of the worst trades of the past few years. 

That trade built this Jets team.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

different team same result hellebyuck is a brick wall.. guy haven't given up 3+ goals in like 3 months

Helly won the battle of the gate-keepers tonight - that’s for sure.

Demko was a little leaky. 

• Cheers 1