[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Honestly, Boeser hasn't been very good lately. I wont be surprised if he disappears in the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong. I'd be ok with trading him at the draft.

He's the guy that should be replaced with Hronek on PP1

• Cheers 1

The game was fairly even up until special teams. We've all said it a gazillion times but they have to find a way to break out of this pp slump. Put Hronek with Hughes on pp1 or something.

Just now, viking mama said:

Helly won the battle of the gate-keepers tonight - that’s for sure.

Demko was a little leaky. 

Bullshit... almost impossible to stop the Scheifele goal.  And the one before it.

The problem is the Canucks players are losing their coverage... not the goalie.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Soucy is a huge difference maker.  He balances out our defence the way Tanev used to.  Need him back if we have any chance of out duelling a super defensive team like the Jets.

If we had a completely healthy team and added Tanev and another scoring forward this team is unstoppable. Even bring up Podkolzin as he’s an upgrade to PDG I would think by now. He’s playing great hockey in Abby. 

• Like 1

See this is my concern as we head into the postseason. 

Seems like the top tier teams like the Colorado's, the Vegas', and Winnipeg, and Boston - we don't seem to play well against any of those teams. I think we've lost to all of those team this year haven't we? So I'm not convinced that when we make it to the playoffs, that we'd beat these teams. Where's Lindholm tonight? I haven't been able to watch the game, but he sounds like he's invisible in a game between two of the top teams in the league. 

We can beat some of the very good teams (the Rangers, Dallas, etc), but the tier above that, and we struggle. 

• Like 1

What all of you have to remember is this - we aren't even a full season removed of being the laughing stock of the NHL. We aren't going to win every game, especially vs the good teams. If your expectations are cup or bust, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

If we had a completely healthy team and added Tanev and another scoring forward this team is unstoppable. Even bring up Podkolzin as he’s an upgrade to PDG I would think by now. He’s playing great hockey in Abby. 

pods is an upgrade on Aman, DGP & Lafferty

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Jim McMahon said:

Ya I don’t get the love for PDG. Podz offers so much more at this point.