[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Winnipeg Jets, Rogers Arena, Feb 17, 7PM PST (10PM EST), the HOLY CRAP! WE AREN'T PLAYING AT 10AM GAME ON A WEEKEND GAME!

Rocket-68

I get that they are the regional broadcast team and it’s their job to pump the tires on their home team. But anyone who watches hockey and follows the league knows McWhiner and co. are as bad as anyone else at embellishing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I get that they are the regional broadcast team and it’s their job to pump the tires on their home team. But anyone who watches hockey and follows the league knows McWhiner and co. are as bad as anyone else at embellishing. 

Defiantly get the regional broadcast favoritism, Shorty and his color guys do it just as much. But it really pisses me off hearing it on a national HNIC leafs game.

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

I heard him say "waiting to see if hometown guy, Bains, makes his home debut" 

I'd like to see this kid do well and become a regular on this team next year.. undrafted, worked hard, coaches love him and his desire to get better in all parts of the game. 

It's nice to see a local kid beat the odds and make his home town pro team. 

Would love to have another local kid on the team but unfortunately Chicago is borrowing him for the next few years. He'll be here when he hits UFA in 7 years.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Defiantly get the regional broadcast favoritism, Shorty and his color guys do it just as much. But it really pisses me off hearing it on a national HNIC leafs game.

I’m really scared for the playoffs.  If we get Singh and Simpson instead of Shorty and Ferraro I’m gonna cry

• MillerTime 3

28 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Yea ok fine good point.

I'm just old and cranky. I hate high numbers I like tradition.

I hear ya. I too don't like high numbers but since the past several years this arrangement seems to be the opposite of how it used to be..

Personally for a big tough guy like Joshia I love a number in the late 10s or late 20s. Like 17/18/26/27/28....

but he's #81

For Dmen I like single digit numbers. 

Back when I was young thats how it was and only the stars got high numbers. But if you go down the lineup 50% of the players on the roster have high numbers. 

10  players on Canucks have #51 or above 

And all the star players have lower numbers

Boeser #6

Miller #9

Lindholm #23

EP #40 

Hughes #43

Hronek #17

Edited by WHL rocks

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I hear ya. I too don't like high numbers but since the past several years this arrangement seems to be the opposite of how it used to be..

Personally for a big tough guy like Joshia I love a number in the late 10s or late 20s. Like 17/18/26/27/28....

but he's #47

For Dmen I like single digit numbers. 

Back when I was young thats how it was and only the stars got high numbers. But if you go down the lineup 50% of the players on the roster have high numbers. 

10  players on Canucks have #51 or above 

And all the star players have lower numbers

Boeser #6

Miller #9

Lindholm #23

EP #40 

Hughes #43

Hronek #17

Demko #35

9 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Demko #35

Goalies are different 

They used to be #1 or #31 but still usually low number. Not many Goalies go high numbers even now..

The starter was #1 and back up went with #31 a lot because between #2 and #30 went to players. 

#2 was a number for top Dman #7 went to the more offensive minded Dman. Both star players usually.

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Probably in part because we don't mess around with our success. I do get what you're saying in theory but it has been known to backfire on teams that get too cute with that type of stuff. Generally you want to dress the strongest roster you can in every game, right down to the last man. Getting cocky can undo great accomplishments. Otherwise we would have seen Pods, Sasson, Raty, Woo, Silovs, McDonaugh, McWard, Klimovich, etc., already.

well, running through all those guys is a different thing. Dunno, I guess I don't see one game of 4th line minutes upsetting the cart but who knows, maybe you're right. 

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

but he's #47

he wears #81 actually. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, tas said:

he wears #81 actually. 

Thanks for correction 

I confused him with Juulsen..

Still leaves 10 players with 51 or higher..

Edited by WHL rocks