What are you listening to?

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

Jim's usually the dude who accompanies me on the every 10 weeks trip to PG for the javelin-to-the-eye appts...and his music always seems to be most timely. Funny how it just depends where you are in life on how any song, even one you've literally listened to thousands of times, will hit on any given day... his music makes me laugh, makes me smile and on other days can make me cry... now THAT'S talent! (For him, I mean! 😛)

Your post got me thinking about Jim Croce and doing some googling.  Amazingly, it's been over 50 years since he died in a plane crash on September 20, 1973.  He was only 30.   And I think about all the potential great songs that died with him.  But he still left a terrific legacy.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

boney m's rasputin

Hey Joe 

Holy freeholy there is even a song with that name 

Just write the name of the song you want into your search engine and the song usually comes up. 

Then click play, then share, then copy the link. 

It will come up at the top of your keyboard

Then type that link to this thread. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hey Joe 

Holy freeholy there is even a song with that name 

Just write the name of the song you want into your search engine and the song usually comes up. 

Then click play, then share, then copy the link. 

It will come up at the top of your keyboard

Then type that link to this thread. 

Hope this helps. 

my grandson has showed me 5  times how to put songs onto cff but, i'm still having trouble getting it done. just a stupid old man.

• Huggy Bear 1

Thursday was my Mama's heavenly birthday. I spent the afternoon in my lawyer's office downtown, fighting against a man who used to beat me. Wants to take what's mine 26 years after he abandoned me and the kids to go chase (and live with 2 different) women at work.

I worked 3 jobs at times to keep this roof over our heads. We went without. And now...he wants to stake a claim. Cute. F off.

I drew on my mother's strength...she was a kickass woman and I miss her so much. Mama I just want you to know that I'm gonna be fine

• Huggy Bear 4

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Thursday was my Mama's heavenly birthday. I spent the afternoon in my lawyer's office downtown, fighting against a man who used to beat me. Wants to take what's mine 26 years after he abandoned me and the kids to go chase (and live with 2 different) women at work.

I worked 3 jobs at times to keep this roof over our heads. We went without. And now...he wants to stake a claim. Cute. F off.

I drew on my mother's strength...she was a kickass woman and I miss her so much. Mama I just want you to know that I'm gonna be fine

The same thing happened to my oldest, dearest friend.

His ex used to hit, verbally abuse him.

Ran him over with her car.

Had so many " affairs "

He bought a house 25 years ago, her name went on the title as well.

Six months later she pissed off with another guy, leaving him to raise not just their three kids, also a daughter she had to another man.

Nearly 20 years later she came at him to try and get a huge chunk of the capital gain on the house.

At one stage he did offer her $250,000 just to make it go away.

She demanded $400,000.

To put that into perspective he paid $160,000 when he bought it.

House prices exploding and subdivision laws increased the value of his land and home a lot.

A few months later his lawyer found an obscure law, if a person's name that is on the title hasn't contributed to the mortgage for 15 years then they aren't entitled to a cent.

Bottom line he could have fought it for another one- two years and not paid a cent, however he was so disillusioned he settled for $100,000.

What was even worse was she was accusing him of doing the things  she did, having affairs, being abusive.

He is the second best man I have ever known, my father was the best.

Both so kind, gentle and humble.

She wrote abusive letters to their kids because the boys refused to see her.

It was all so fucked up.

I hope all goes well for you.

And I hope you don't have to give that fucker a cent.

My mother was an incredible person.

She was a draughts woman in the 50's when not many women had " professional " jobs.

She gave up her job to build up the family farm.

Both my parents worked long hard days on the farm after dad quit his job as an aircraft design engineer.

However when they came in from working on the farm, mum worked another 4-6 hours looking after us and the house. 

She was highly intelligent, compassionate, everything that is good in a person.

If I can be half the person she was, I will have done a fantastic job of being a person.

This song left a deep impression on me when I was a kid.

Things were different for women back then.

• Like 1