What are you listening to?

Coconuts

8 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Looks like she lost a lot of weight! I only recall her from the days of her song "Invisible" many moons ago.

The first I heard of this lady was with Yaz- the Upstairs At Eric's album. That is an incredible album, which had me do a bit of a deeper dive, only to find out that the Keyboardist  was the founder of 2 other huge bands- Erasure and Depeche Mode- Vince Clarke

Was really surprised she never hit it huge over here, loved her album Alf-which had Invisible as 1 of 9 songs.  6 of them are fantastic- the other 3 are good.

Here is something from Yaz's Nobody's diary

And  one from Alf:

Screw it--- here's the full album

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

No need to restrict this to the Canadian thread.  Its always been up amongst the most beautiful rocks songs recorded.

True story; the only bar brawl I may ever have been involved in?  Happened when we went in the early 90's to Chickenwhack, to see Chilliwack perform!  My friends got kicked out, missed most of the show. In the morning I had to land a ride home to Abbotsford...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1