What are you listening to?

Coconuts

4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Omg in my grad year when the album The Innocent Age came out, my girlfriend used to play that album so much...we would sing Run For The Roses and Same Auld Lang Syne together a million times...Leader Of The Band too...thx for sharing 😊

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Omg in my grad year when the album The Innocent Age came out, my girlfriend used to play that album so much...we would sing Run For The Roses and Same Auld Lang Syne together a million times...Leader Of The Band too...thx for sharing 😊

Don't you just love it when a song can just whisk you right back to a certain time, place and moment? 🎶 ❤️ 🎶

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

54 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

50 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Don't you just love it when a song can just whisk you right back to a certain time, place and moment? 🎶 ❤️ 🎶

My best friend and I were 15 when Ballroom Blitz came out & were working on his uncles farm. We had the radio blasting in the barn and immediately started singing and playing air guitar with our shovels. I can still smell cow shit when I hear that song and love every minute of it!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

22 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

I was a big Fogelberg fan back in the day as well.....Leader of the Band was the one that always got me....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

So I was going down a bit of a Youtube rabbit hole and I saw a video promo talking about Emmylou Harris being moved to tears by a song. So I had to check it out.

When you first hear it, you think it's a couple of singers from Nashville, or Birmingham, but these are two teenage sisters from Sweden, named Klara and Johanna Söderberg. They call themselves "First Aid Kit" and they have some serious music chops. Even if you don't like country music, I doubt you can find fault with this:

I also watched them do an excellent cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Songbird".....

That was an incredible listen....I usually wander off into another window when listening to vids but was mesmerized and couldn't take my eyes off this one! Thank you for sharing it with us! To see the lovely Emmylou brought to tears by these two made this song even more touching.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

That was an incredible listen....I usually wander off into another window when listening to vids but was mesmerized and couldn't take my eyes off this one! Thank you for sharing it with us! To see the lovely Emmylou brought to tears by these two made this song even more touching.

I listened to a bunch more of their stuff and apparently, they've been around for over a decade. Somehow I managed to not hear about them all this time.

There's quite a few vids of them doing covers of Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Kate Bush, Woody Guthrie and others. There are also some other original tunes that are quite good as well. I even saw a couple of songs they did as a fundraiser for the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2016. Oddly enough, it looked like it was being held in Sweden...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1