What are you listening to?

Coconuts

@Satchmo posted a song by Bela Fleck (who is generally regarded as the greatest Banjo player alive) which reminded me of the first time I saw him. It was on a PBS special (courtesy of the BBC) called the Transatlantic Sessions. I highly recommend watching it, if you ever get the chance. As well as Fleck, there are performances by James Taylor, Mary Chapin Carpenter and this gem by Allison Krauss....

It's a cover of a Bob Dylan song and as usual Allison kills it.

BTW: A bit of trivia... the guy playing the lap steel in this song is the guy who actually sang Man of Constant Sorrow. The song George Clooney lip synced in O Brother Where Art Thou....

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm a big fan of The Band, but my favorite Robbie Robertson song was actually performed best by Rod Stewart:

Vagabond Heart is the album that cemented me as a diehard Rod Stewart fan. I mean I 'liked' his music before but this album is the one that is imprinted on my brain. I'm-a-gonna be the ole lady in the nursing home who can sing every word, knows every pause between songs and when to take a breath between words! 😄 I had a friend in nursing school who was THE Rod Stewart fan of all time....she'd crank his albums so that the entire 8th floor had no choice but to listen to him, too!!

Funny how someone else's song can just be better done by someone else....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

In what way?

Lots of ways... if i dont use you tube music... it will not allow me to switch apps... if i use youtube music, it wont let me play the song i want, i have to get lucky in the music roulette... youtube sucks

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Vagabond Heart is the album that cemented me as a diehard Rod Stewart fan. I mean I 'liked' his music before but this album is the one that is imprinted on my brain. I'm-a-gonna be the ole lady in the nursing home who can sing every word, knows every pause between songs and when to take a breath between words! 😄 I had a friend in nursing school who was THE Rod Stewart fan of all time....she'd crank his albums so that the entire 8th floor had no choice but to listen to him, too!!

Funny how someone else's song can just be better done by someone else....

For me it started with this, when he was with Jeff Beck

....and here with the Faces and Ronnie Wood

• Like 2

Just now, MidKnight Ego said:

Lots of ways... if i dont use you tube music... it will not allow me to switch apps... if i use youtube music, it wont let me play the song i want, i have to get lucky in the music roulette... youtube sucks

Interesting

Posted (edited)

It's a shame they're putting the band to rest, they're such a versatile group of musicians. Punk, metal, straight ahead rock, hip hop influences early on, other bits too.

Solid cover, can't say I've seen many bands cover Rage.  

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1