What are you listening to?

Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Just the song I DID NOT particularly want to hear today or for the foreseeable future.... just some you're just not ready to listen to again, yet.

This guy

Lead singer of a Huge, Huge Canadian band

Huge, Huge solo career

Multi instrument player, fantastic singer.

Yet every time I hear him, or about him I remember him doing this:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This guy

Lead singer of a Huge, Huge Canadian band

Huge, Huge solo career

Multi instrument player, fantastic singer.

Yet every time I hear him, or about him I remember him doing this:

My sister has had a thing for Burton since she was 16 years old and would no doubt have married him had he bothered to ask! Well, it would have been between him and Terry Jacks but I digress. I am her concert plus one. We've seen Burton in concert probably 15 times together and my sister will drive to other towns just to see Burton in concert. He IS so very, very talented....one of my first albums bought was the Best of The Guess Who 1971 album....and it is STILL in dispute about who the album actually belongs to even all these years later! (It currently is in MY custody...possession is 9/10ths of the law, right?)

It is STILL bloody uncanny to hear him do Gordon Lightfoot! I've heard him do Lightfoot several times live in concert!! Even as the facial expression is right on!! lol

My sister and I are heading to Toronto's Massey Hall in late May for the Celebrating Gordon Lightfoot Tribute Concert featuring many of the great Canadian talents. Burton will be there, of course...Blue Rodeo, The Lightfoot Band, Tom Cochrane, The Good Brothers, Sylvia Tyson and more! We're pretty excited!

And already thinking we may have to go and see him August 17th at his PNE Summer Nights concert!

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Saw him once, With Randy, in Victoria. Opening act was Booker T and the M.G.s

They were Bachman Cummings at the time.

good concert, did a whole pile of Guess Who tunes, and one guy would take a break while the other would do songs they recorded as separate entities.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1