What are you listening to?

Coconuts

6 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Well, cheers to them for one last album and tour.

For real though.

I grew up in a conservative Christian household and my only access to more secular music was through friends and settings that didn't involve my parents where a radio was present. All Killer No Filler dropped May 8th 2001, I'd have been a couple months short of my 11th birthday so I was 10-11 when I first heard it, but the video you posted was actually my introduction to Sum 41. I think we'd have been on summer break so I was probably 10, but a friend of mine played the video and I was hooked, Fat Lip was all over the radio and they were blowing up.

My interest in music, particularly anything punk related, stems from that experience. It's not an exaggeration to say that Sum 41 was my first step towards being passionate about music. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

For real though.

I grew up in a conservative Christian household and my only access to more secular music was through friends and settings that didn't involve my parents where a radio was present. All Killer No Filler dropped May 8th 2001, I'd have been a couple months short of my 11th birthday so I was 10-11 when I first heard it, but the video you posted was actually my introduction to Sum 41. I think we'd have been on summer break so I was probably 10, but a friend of mine played the video and I was hooked, Fat Lip was all over the radio and they were blowing up.

My interest in music, particularly anything punk related, stems from that experience. It's not an exaggeration to say that Sum 41 was my first step towards being passionate about music. 

Man, I feel old. I would have been around 19 or 20 when that came out.

I’m not a huge fan of theirs, but I do like some of their heavier and faster tunes, like that one and others like Still Waiting.

• Cheers 1

Peace Notes At Piazza San Marcos, Venice 2007

Ennio Morricone scored over 500 films, one of the greatest composers of our time. Many themes you'll recognize that were made famous in the Italian Spaghetti Westerns of the 60's such as High Plains Drifter and Once Upon A Time IN The West. Beautiful venue, Beautifully done video.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/other/us-guitarist-al-di-meola-suffers-a-heart-attack-on-stage-in-romania-but-is-now-in-a-stable-condition/ar-AA1ho4Pg?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=f41d918859864490aaf11866ae60abb4&ei=20#image=1

"

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — The award-winning U.S. guitarist Al Di Meola suffered a heart attack during a performance in Romania’s capital but is currently in a stable condition and receiving treatment, a hospital spokesperson said on Thursday.

Di Meola, 69, began playing a concert at a venue in Bucharest at 9 p.m. on Wednesday night.

Dragos Cristescu, a photographer who attended the concert, told The Associated Press that he saw Di Meola clasp his chest during the performance and that the guitarist struggled to walk off stage. The other two members of Di Meola's trio continued to play for several minutes until they announced the show would be cut short.

In a statement, the Bagdasar-Arseni emergency hospital said Di Meola was admitted to a cardiology ward where he is being treated for a segment elevation myocardial infarction, or STEMI.

According to the health care website Cleveland Clinic, a STEMI mainly affects the heart’s lower chambers and “tend(s) to be more severe and dangerous compared to other types of heart attack.”

Di Meola’s decades-long career has earned him widespread critical acclaim and awards including a Grammy. One of Di Meola's most popular tracks is “Mediterranean Sundance,” which was part of his 1977 album “Elegant Gypsy.” According to his official website, he has sold more than 6 million records worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1