What are you listening to?

Coconuts

If you like Led Zeppelin and enjoyed watching Lord of the Rings you’re sure to appreciate this.
Robert Plant was an avid reader of Tolkien’s stories and the influence shows up in his song writing. 

Both an auditory and visual treat…

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Try this one @Cerridwen. It always brightens the moment for me. I love the bass intro and the reggae style. 

May I ask ? Is your username a derivative of the Welsh language?

Thank you, Barnstorm!! I have this playing on a loop and it's definitely a mood lifter, for sure. There's something about reggae that just makes a person want to smile and move with the beat!

Aye, Cerridwen is indeed from the Welsh - In Celtic Welsh mythology, Cerridwen's a powerful Underworld Goddess and the keeper of the cauldron of knowledge, inspiration, and rebirth.  She rules the realms of death, fertility, regeneration, inspiration, magic, enchantment, and knowledge. She's a shape-shifting Goddess, able to take on various forms. She is known as a white witch or goddess and is also associated with herbology and astrology. 

When I was allowed to return after my banning, I wasn't allowed to keep my previous name so Cerridwen seemed to fit so very well...my rebirth and regeneration on CDC... and a much kinder, gentler user this time around!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

If you like Led Zeppelin and enjoyed watching Lord of the Rings you’re sure to appreciate this.
Robert Plant was an avid reader of Tolkien’s stories and the influence shows up in his song writing. 

Both an auditory and visual treat…

I have some Icelandic Roots, Snorri Sturluson is in our line of grandfathers. He wrote some of the Sagas down in the 1300th century and heavily influenced Tolkien and even Shakespeare. My descendants got around, because of the Viking age, my Icelandic bloodline is related to Scottish, Irish, Norwegian and Swedish kings. Even the nobles of the Shetlands, Orkneys and Faroe islands, although we didn't have this knowledge till my uncle went to Iceland. We can trace back tp Aud the Deepminded, who Snorri Sturluson is a descendent as are we.

On the other side, we are descendents of Cheif Tzouhalem, a legendary Salish Chief on Vancouver Island.

This clip is taken from the Laxdaela Saga (Salmon Valley) A homestead in between two rivers, rife with salmon. Scholars argue about who authored the Laxdaela saga, one of the most popular and lengthy sagas, it spanned generations. They can argue till their face goes red because my great grandfather Snorri Sturluson wrote it. How do i know this? He is a direct descendant of that clan, they wouldn't know that but i do because i'm Icelandic, from the same family. We're even distantly related to Ragnar Lothbrok.

• Like 3

@Cerridwen That’s a fascinating subject. I wish I knew more about the Welsh history and culture as my descendants were from there. Gene tests say I’m 35 % Scandinavian. It was explained to me that Vikings invaded Great Britain and introduced their bloodlines to the cultures they encountered. 

For what it’s worth , I never imagined you any less than kind and gentle.

• Like 2