What are you listening to?

Coconuts

Who doesn't need a  little Dixieland Jazz on a snowy Thursday afternoon...

(My late Dad's most favourite piece of music...he believed it should be played loud so that the windows rattle and you can hear it out in the driveway when you're washing the car!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Internet Sleuths Want to Track Down This Mystery Pop Song. They Only Have 17 Seconds of It

Got a few seconds? Then lend your ears — you might just have the answer to a question that has perplexed forensic audio obsessives for years.

The grainy recording, just 17 seconds long, captures what indeed sounds like the catchy hook to an upbeat 1980s New Wave tune, though most of the words are hard to make out. It didn’t attract much interest at first. Yet as the months passed without an identification, each proposal of a potential artist being ruled out one after another, a cultish fascination began to take hold. Two years later, it’s the most-commented thread in WatZatSong history, and there’s a 5,000-strong subreddit devoted to theories about the song. Fans have recorded remixes and covers imagining the missing verses, generated longer versions with AI, and perpetrated successful hoaxes about where the original came from. But the fact remains: no one knows the band behind “Everyone Knows That.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/internet-sleuths-want-track-down-140751636.html?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

(I have no idea).

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

I have this on vinyl.

14 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Who doesn't need a  little Dixieland Jazz on a snowy Thursday afternoon...

(My late Dad's most favourite piece of music...he believed it should be played loud so that the windows rattle and you can hear it out in the driveway when you're washing the car!)

14 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Dixieland is where rock and rock originated too, from the boogie woogie blues.

• Like 1