What are you listening to?

Coconuts

11 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

I have this on vinyl.

Dixieland is where rock and rock originated too, from the boogie woogie blues.

10 hours ago, Gurn said:

you too, Eh.

Saw that Village Stompers album cover "Washington Square" and went "I've got that one around here someplace."

Some album covers just stick in your mind.

I have both those albums on vinyl....and still play them periodically just to hear the hisses and and background noise! As much as the 'cleaned up' versions are lovely to listen to, sometimes you just need to hear that vinyl sound which is almost impossible to describe unless a person grew up listening to these albums on those old cabinet stereos back in the day!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

I have both those albums on vinyl....and still play them periodically just to hear the hisses and and background noise! As much as the 'cleaned up' versions are lovely to listen to, sometimes you just need to hear that vinyl sound which is almost impossible to describe unless a person grew up listening to these albums on those old cabinet stereos back in the day!

If you can find the time, and the dimes, try listening to those lp's with what is called a 'line contact' stylus/needle

Takes away a lot of that background stuff, but leaves the music beautiful.

Additional bonus is records you would not otherwise play become listenable.

I have an copy of Arlo Guthrie's " Alice's restaurant' that looks horrible and used to be almost annoying to hear, but the stylus upgrade made a huge difference.

Sounds great and only 1 tick part way through the song.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Gurn said:

If you can find the time, and the dimes, try listening to those lp's with what is called a 'line contact' stylus/needle

Takes away a lot of that background stuff, but leaves the music beautiful.

Additional bonus is records you would not otherwise play become listenable.

I have an copy of Arlo Guthrie's " Alice's restaurant' that looks horrible and used to be almost annoying to hear, but the stylus upgrade made a huge difference.

Sounds great and only 1 tick part way through the song.

Now there's a 20 minute song that I haven't heard for a while....sitting on the group W bench with the mother rapers, father stabbers, and father rapers haha

• Like 2