What are you listening to?

Coconuts

10 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

I'll say! 😂

I find there's so much to like with Ozark Mountain Daredevils.... The Lost Cabin Sessions (from which Someday Darlin' is taken) were their first studio recordings (demo) from '72....first released in 2003 according to some dude reviewing the album. Jackie Blue was released in '75 but really, if you listen to a lot of OMD, they have quite a range in their music....I hear so much of their contemporaries in their music which I guess comes from the time period... Brewer & Shipley, Loudon Wainwright etc.

And another Ozark Mountain Daredevils song from the playlist of faves...

There must have been a lot of drug experimentation going on during "The Lost Cabin Sessions," to end up with a song like "Jackie Blue," a few years later! Haha!

When you say OMD, I automatically associate it with "Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark. 

This song "It'll Shine When It Shines," could easily be turned into a Pink Floyd song, with Roger Waters singing.

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

A high school friend and I were band geeks, big into the progressive jazz thing, and we both saw him (Stan Kenton) at the Newport Jazz Festival in NY (in 1977 with Maynard Ferguson), I also saw Maynard Ferguson live at the Queen E back in the '77 when I was in junior high...my buddy was on trombone, I played trumpet at the time...two of the best concerts I've ever seen, and I'm a hard rock guy haha

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1