[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Our PK us been top 5 in the league the last two months.

Our powerplay on the other hand…

Those spots need to be earned and those guys aren’t earning it.

Didn't hold tonight

Radio just said Jets are 

#26 PP

#24 PK

8 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Lol, why so negative? We took too many penalties, couldn't kill the penalties that didn't matter, and couldn't score on our power play.

I'd say we were better 5 on 5, but we're still sorting out our special teams and could have easily won this game. 

I didn't see his summation as negative at all. Totally fair. We've come up short vs Vegas, NJ, Boston, TO on HNIC Sat night and I think at least one other marquee matchup that I'm forgetting. Not the end of the world or necessarily a precursor to how we'll respond in a 7 game series against any of those teams but definitely something to keep an eye on as the real season approaches. We need our best to bring more when it really matters and, so far at least, they've been great 80% of the time but missing a bit of what makes the very best teams stand out from the herd under the brightest of lights.

Had you told me this would be the issue at this point when the season began I'd have been incredibly stoked to watch it all unfold. We're gonna keep getting better

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We looked immature tonight.

It takes experience to gain experience ... I am stoked for this team. Yes obvious holes need to be filled, hello PP are you listening, PA / JR will have a couple more moves up their sleeve with money out matching money in to upgrade on F and perhaps Tanev - who knows. Exciting times to be alive, even through I just about threw my Norlan Whiskey Glass with about 2.5 ounces of Dalmore 15 through the window ... exciting times still.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Didn't hold tonight

Radio just said Jets are 

#26 PP

#24 PK

I mean that first goal on Demko was soft. Wouldn’t really put that on the pk.

Im more concerned about our powerplay. It’s been bad against every team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

Peteys stats are great, but for some reason I frequently find myself disappointed with him. 

I personally feel he's a 10million buck player. 

I don't mind him playing physical 'once in a while' but he's too small to be engaging in every fucking play. He was best when he was elusive. I haven't seen any of his ankle breaking dangles all season. 

Also, shoot the puck kid. No dangles, no snipes, no payday. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson can show up any time now. 

I'd be interested to see what his stats are against top 10 teams vs bottom 10. Obviously most players will score more against bottom teams but I'd be interested to see how Pettersson compares to the likes of Connor, Nylander, Reinhardt, Point, Tkachuk... all the players he is a comparable to (stats, pedigree, and contract wise)

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Qwags said:

None of the bad calls matter if the special teams don't let them. Special teams have been struggling lately, especially the PP.

I think we struggle on the powerplay because we overthink it and look for the perfect play instead of shooting. But we keep doing the same mistakes over and over 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Teams are learning to pressure Quinn and take away our plays because they all run through him.

Petey is not shooting and fumbling the puck and making bad passes on the PP.

Theyve got to learn to adjust, teams have scouted them and know their tendencies. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Perhaps. But this game was still winnable in the third.  Blew it unfortunately. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yeah if we can fault anything about demko at all tonight it's that 1st goal.  It simply can't go in when they're playing a game against the stingiest team in the NHL.  Doubt it would have made any significant difference though.  We probably still would have lost.

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Peteys stats are great, but for some reason I frequently find myself disappointed with him. 

I personally feel he's a 10million buck player. 

Peat is good in "certain" kinds of games. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1