[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

But they're the best in the world?

Complete lack of professionalism if true.

But I’m really not surprised. Burrows exposed that group of rats.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Complete lack of professionalism if true.

But I’m really not surprised. Burrows exposed that group of rats.

Someone really needs to make a stand and publicly demand that the league starts holding problem officials accountable.  Teams should be able to submit veto lists for to avoid being assigned someone who can't be trusted to work the game honestly.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Darius said:

The line was good - they have the luxury of not being matched up against the other teams best - but i think my point stands.  Joshua is the most effective player on that line, it doesnt mean the other guys arent good.

They are consistent, period. I was concerned about Joshua too but they are still effective regardless.  Mikheyev actually looked relevant for a change playing on that line.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Someone really needs to make a stand and publicly demand that the league starts holding problem officials accountable.  Teams should be able to submit veto lists for to avoid being assigned someone who can't be trusted to work the game honestly.

Imagine being so petty that you try and “get back” at a player for making you look bad even though it was just you failing to do your job properly. 🙄

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Pears said:

Colorado is currently losing to Arizona I wonder if Avs fans are having a full blown panic attack about it :parrot:

It's almost like you're intentionally not paying attention to the discussion 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Miller's our guy in the forefront leading the team into battle. Big Z is also helping to set a tone and I really love him being part of the team.

Quinn's the go about business and be awesome on the ice leader.

Petey too...and he's also doing stuff when he's not scoring. I love when he lays out a big hit....my friend laughed when I said he was throwing his weight around out there last night after he doled a hit. But when he's engaged, it's awesome.

Garland...leading the lower ranks and making them a force to be reckoned with. 

Demko when he's got fire in his eyes and is the bubble wall.

Leadership by committee...I like it.

We also really missed Joshua last night....he's become a very valuable part of this team.

You have some good points but i was responding to the other poster who was describing Linden to a T. :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine being so petty that you try and “get back” at a player for making you look bad even though it was just you failing to do your job properly. 🙄

It's so petty and prissy.

Yet these are the top paid professionals that we get? They should have to do an overall psychological assessment before they hit the ice. Make sure all their issues stay out of the game and they can do it properly.

Later I'm going to break down some of what they somehow "missed" when they were busy going over their game notes from the previous game.

It's so messed up. They should have to be accountable.

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Yep... they are learning on the job... 

So far they've done ok, but haven't really done anything yet...

They have 1/3 of the season left to figure it out... 

Yup, fine tuning from here on out on how we want to play the game.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's almost like you're intentionally not paying attention to the discussion 

It's almost like other top teams lose to teams below them in the standings and their fans don't freak out anywhere near as much about it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

A bit concerning as the last little while is looking more like 2022-23 than what we have seen in 2023-24. Let's see how the coaching staff deals with this before panicking too much.

There’s no panic. It is really simple; the Canucks deviated from their “staples”:

1) Got off their game; tried to be tough guys then just grind a team down.

2) allowed odd man opportunities in the slot; they haven’t done this all year

3) they got out special teamed; our PP sucks and our PK was poor last night.

‘So…pretty simple too; fix PP, get healthy (Soucy and Dakota are core Pk & offer size for a heavy game), and don’t get off of your game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, GothamGhost said:

Give Bains a chance, sit Aman or Dig

That may indeed happen down the road when playoff positioning has been clinched and the stakes aren’t quite so high. This isn’t a lottery team any more and as much as many of us like the potential of A Bains, there’s a more appropriate time to give him his chance. Aman and PDG have both earned their NHL spots and salaries and have arguably done nothing to lose their positions in the hierarchy of the team. ABains may yet prove to be an asset this season but, with all due respect, he needs to wait his turn.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

It's almost like other top teams lose to teams below them in the standings and their fans don't freak out anywhere near as much about it. 

The only ones freaking out are the people shouting down anyone who doesn't hate referees and thinks this version of the Canucks isn't the greatest team of all time.

The rest of us are having calm, objective discussions about the teams performance against teams they need to measure them selves against.

I'm not sure why that's so hard to grasp

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

OK, more big bad Jets outmuscling us themselves. Pionkscapades.

428276929_10160772117495549_846301643068

428419858_10160772117510549_624894477224

428473274_10160772117475549_545421672458

428314381_10160772117625549_899683690650

I REALLY LOVED THE DISMOUNT AND FAKE CRYING. 

428246809_10160772117755549_805804518705

As Loui Debrusk put it, it’s an embellishment league and players gotta learn how to do it 🤮

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I know that I would have Kelly Sutherland at the top of such a list.!!!

Question: - what if our veto list included all the available refs?  Then we would have to accept whomever the league assigned? We'd be back to where we are now.

I would like to see the league get rid of the second referee. The one that is always in the way in the defensive zone. This would perhaps increase the numbers available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Our team needs to learn how the big bad Jets get calls.

We're on a pp, but they get away with murder because, well, our guys don't try to sell it. It's called having self respect.

428412304_10160772117855549_644845611790No puck here, just two guys sandwiching Petey.

428314174_10160772117880549_216409710675 Then taking him down totally out of the play. Nothing. Good job refs.

What is really impressive about the refs is their ability to blatantly ignore stuff that's literally happening right in front of them. Like this fun little 2 hander. Oh, and Petey's still being kept out of the play, but hey....Jets wanna win.

428458808_10160772117915549_811631673314

428340526_10160772117980549_550519143235

428293685_10160772118040549_308025646534

428403819_10160772118035549_905070855435

Refs get away with some really terrible bodies of work.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 2

3 minutes ago, Devron said:

As Loui Debrusk put it, it’s an embellishment league and players gotta learn how to do it 🤮

The league really needs to do some serious work over the next few years to figure out how to control and stop embellishment. If not, it is going to do a lot of damage to the game.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1