[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

I think it’s the jerseys. The skate jersey is way nicer than the blue and has history. I love the little designs on the sleeves. It looks so much tougher out there and I love the colour scheme. Imagine white jerseys with the same details. It’s hitting them right in the face to make the switch. All the players are saying the same thing. I know it would come at a cost but with Fanatics taking over. Now is the time. I wonder how many people have told Aquillinis to make the switch. Please do it. You could even do a metallic black helmet with them. 

How can you argue with these and they win in them:

IMG_5669.thumb.webp.b0877f9c19d2bb24f558c51ba611a86c.webp

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

21 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

They are consistent, period. I was concerned about Joshua too but they are still effective regardless.  Mikheyev actually looked relevant for a change playing on that line.

Period? Are you arguing with someone here? All I said is he is the most important guy on that line. If you faced Winnipeg or Boston in the playoffs who out of the three would you keep if you only had one guy to choose? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The league really needs to do some serious work over the next few years to figure out how to control and stop embellishment. If not, it is going to do a lot of damage to the game.

While I don't disagree, I'd say only the schiefele one was embellishment, the rest were undisciplined plays by van.  

To me, the bigger issue is players intentionally putting themselves in dangerous, vulnerable positions when they have the puck 

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

The only ones freaking out are the people shouting down anyone who doesn't hate referees and thinks this version of the Canucks isn't the greatest team of all time.

The rest of us are having calm, objective discussions about the teams performance against teams they need to measure them selves against.

I'm not sure why that's so hard to grasp

LOL, freaking out and shouting? LMAO

More gaslighting bs. Please stop it, it's pathetic.

Some of us here don't love the refs...I remember last month when you were promoting them as this best there is, best there was, best there ever will be. Not sure that's true though.

No one here's said the words "greatest team of all time" except you. There you go, trying to speak for us again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

That may indeed happen down the road when playoff positioning has been clinched and the stakes aren’t quite so high. This isn’t a lottery team any more and as much as many of us like the potential of A Bains, there’s a more appropriate time to give him his chance. Aman and PDG have both earned their NHL spots and salaries and have arguably done nothing to lose their positions in the hierarchy of the team. ABains may yet prove to be an asset this season but, with all due respect, he needs to wait his turn.

Aman and PDG don’t offer the same skill set as Bains. Asking the team to go acquire scoring depth that fits the system while a few players in the AHL meet the mold is just ridiculous. Bains slotting into sheltered minutes with Aman in the press box will not cost us a game or two

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Artemus said:

I know that I would have Kelly Sutherland at the top of such a list.!!!

Question: - what if our veto list included all the available refs?  Then we would have to accept whomever the league assigned? We'd be back to where we are now.

I would like to see the league get rid of the second referee. The one that is always in the way in the defensive zone. This would perhaps increase the numbers available.

Absolutely. 

That was one of the stupidest changes ever. 

If they want two refs, fine. 

But only one linesman.  

The extra punk ass ref/body, clutter's up the ice. And in this day and age, these monkey spunks are taking the attention away from the game. 

Just shut the F up and get the hell out of the way. 

More than likely, the majority of refs are wannabe NHL players who were shit. 

I've played pickup ball hockey against ex-WHL players and smoke showed the bitches. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Buddy, you know you were stretching it there lol

How so?  Do I need to manslain almost to you.  That was the beginning of January, it's now getting to later February ........that's almost.......not quite, but close.

7 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The league really needs to do some serious work over the next few years to figure out how to control and stop embellishment. If not, it is going to do a lot of damage to the game.

Embellishment should be 5 and a game with repeat offenders getting suspensions doubling in length each time.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

While I don't disagree, I'd say only the schiefele one was embellishment, the rest were undisciplined plays by van.  

To me, the bigger issue is players intentionally putting themselves in dangerous, vulnerable positions when they have the puck 

Agreed. I was speaking more generally as to it creeping into the game more and more over the last few years. Not that there hasn't been a lot in the past either though. It just seems like it is more obvious now (might just be better TV coverage!)

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

Absolutely. 

That was one of the stupidest changes ever. 

If they want two refs, fine. 

But only one linesman.  

The extra punk ass ref/body, clutter's up the ice. And in this day and age, these monkey spunks are taking the attention away from the game. 

Just shut the F up and get the hell out of the way. 

More than likely, the majority of refs are wannabe NHL players who were shit. 

I've played pickup ball hockey against ex-WHL players and smoke showed the bitches. 

The second ref really is causing problems as there clearly aren't enough available to do the job properly, and it's trickled down with each lower league having to employ refs who should be working much lower levels.  Guys like Sutherland who refuse to act like professionals shouldn't be working at any level whatsoever.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Embellishment should be 5 and a game with repeat offenders getting suspensions doubling in length each time.  

It should definitely be some kind of major consequence. 

It's a friggin' joke what Detroit and now, Winnipeg have done, consecutive games. Same refs. Go figure. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

The second ref really is causing problems as there clearly aren't enough available to do the job properly, and it's trickled down with each lower league having to employ refs who should be working much lower levels.  Guys like Sutherland who refuse to act like professionals shouldn't be working at any level whatsoever.

When you see what refs endure in the feeder systems, its no wonder that the pool of refs is shallow. Heck, even in my rec league, there are players that abuse the officials.

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Agreed. I was speaking more generally as to it creeping into the game more and more over the last few years. Not that there hasn't been a lot in the past either though. It just seems like it is more obvious now (might just be better TV coverage!)

And I agree there, completely.  It's an unsportsmanlike play and I'd like to see it called more.  The problem is that it's easy to determine when you see a replay a few times, not so easy in real time

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I agree completely. 

Most refs are very challenged, to say the least. 

Look at Ron McLean. 

Total ass wipe, wannabe hockey player, shitty poser ref. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barn Burner said:

I agree completely. 

Look at Ron McLean. 

I wish McLean would retire - I've never liked him.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

When you see what refs endure in the feeder systems, its no wonder that the pool of refs is shallow. Heck, even in my rec league, there are players that abuse the officials.

I've said it many times.  These are, literally, the best officials on the planet and there isn't some big pool of better ones to choose from.  And, I'd say this is the best officiating we've probably ever seen.......a lot of the people complaining either weren't alive, were too young or just didn't watch a lot of hockey way back........you want to talk about refs with personal vendettas

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I agree completely. 

Look at Ron McLean. 

Who has forgotten more about hockey than most of us will ever know

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

How so?  Do I need to manslain almost to you.  That was the beginning of January, it's now getting to later February ........that's almost.......not quite, but close.

Are you not able to understand math?  2 months = 61 days.  1 month = 31 days.  Which is 41 closer to?  31 or 61?  1 month or 2 months.  

Yes I just had to mansplain math to you. Lmfao.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ron is a goof, he rarely has a quality insight on anything.

Thing about Ron is this.

OK, you went at Burrows HARD. You picked a side....now live and die by it. Don't flounder like a floppy fish and try to jump on the bandwagon when he's the hot ticket item and a dragon slayer. Keep his name outta your mouth.

I hate people who flip flop. I mean, it's ok to change your mind as part of learning but not to schmooze. Not when you've so emphatically hated on someone like they're trash. Mean it. Back it up.

Same with Grapes....although I won't go there because both of them needed to be canned. One guy slithered through the cracks there. Spineless, gutless.

As much as I love Juice, I kind of really hate that he's part of that clique now. I know he has to be professional but Ron deserves zero respect from anyone who's ever played for this team.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Are you not able to understand math?  2 months = 61 days.  1 month = 31 days.  Which is 41 closer to?  31 or 61?  1 month or 2 months.  

Yes I just had to mansplain math to you. Lmfao.

I speak in English and I know what "almost" means.

jules-speak-english-in-what.gif

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ron is a goof, he rarely has a quality insight on anything.

He's got decades making a living in pro hockey, is respected by some of the greatest players of all time.  You and I are just no names on a message board