[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I have given out a grand total of two, both earned by you, congratulations, a well deserved win.

I think you hould be put on ignore list  which will now have a grand total of two on it ... coincidence?

I DONT CARE!!! Good for

you giving out awards. lol. You

are too funny.

The awards you hand out:

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by Jurassic World

Rocket-68:

Big Deal GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Well, I’ll be the first to agree with you if in the remaining  games against the Jets, Bruins and Vegas, our top lines get shut down.  And yes Gary is really old now.  Did you know he was the first ever player to be chosen in an NHL draft?  He made sure to remind me of that one.

I didn't know that about being the 1st pick, a good question for The Chase

I was at the game and the physicality was even. The unfortunate thing is the Jets kept diving and suckering the refs into calling garbage penalties 

Our inability to score on the PP is finally costing us games.

We also got out goalied. Hellybuck is gonna win the Vezina

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Juulson is just blaming himself for the loss. Man.... you don't have to blame yourself 100%

You could tell from the post game interviews that overall we had control and it was some blown coverages and missed opportunities with special teams.

You know the guys are feeling the sting of this one, some probably more than others, but it’s a good reminder: who are we to think we’re anybody? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Oh.....I am playing Hughes on the right side on the PP and Hronek on the left side.

I am playing Lindholm in the middle bump position, with Pettersson on the left side, and Boeser on the righty side

All sticks to the center of the ice

Was at the game.

Allvin needs to bring in size/toughness, if they want to hang with the big boys in the playoffs, and pray they don't play the Jets. A Win here would've given me that hope that they can beat anybody, but I have doubts. The post season is a different beast - fast and very physical - and the Canucks could get their asses handed to them.

The PP is truly awful and they should be embarrassed. The PK isn't much better.  1st place team pfft 

And,  Hellebuyck >> Demko

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Was at the game.

Allvin needs to bring in size/toughness, if they want to hang with the big boys in the playoffs, and pray they don't play the Jets. A Win here would've given me that hope that they can beat anybody, but I have doubts. The post season is a different beast - fast and very physical - and the Canucks could get their asses handed to them.

The PP is truly awful and they should be embarrassed. The PK isn't much better.  1st place team pfft 

It’s not that they weren’t physical tonight. It’s more that they don’t have the type of players that impact games physically. I am referring to players in our top 6. We just seem small in our top 6.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Was at the game.

I was at the game too.

Agree with being out goalied and our awful PP but the physicality was not that uneven.

The big difference was they would dive and sucker the refs in calling penalties. Maybe we ought to do the same. We kept yelling ref you suck over and over 

• Like 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s not that they weren’t physical tonight. It’s more that they don’t have the type of players that impact games physically. I am referring to players in our top 6. We just seem small in our top 6.

And that’s not going to change. So, our top six will play strong and fast and adapt. Our bottom six will play larger. But more importantly our defence will be even more bruising.

I think we have a great balance getting worked out here. Something that could somehow maybe be improved upon even if Kessel works out and we do make another move. I don’t think we need to make any moves to compete for a cup, but the fact that we’re still trying to improve is amazing to me. So different from years past. 

9 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Oh.....I am playing Hughes on the right side on the PP and Hronek on the left side.

I am playing Lindholm in the middle bump position, with Pettersson on the left side, and Boeser on the righty side

No Miller? 

We definitely didn’t play “our game” today. 

in the few spurts that we did, we dominated and pressure their D.

we got a lot of bad calls against 

got frustrated 

and strayed from our game and wanted to punish 

I loved the physicality but we needed to be smarter and clearly the refs were calling all the dives 

no need to panic, if that’s all The jets are, a team full of divers, who rely on their goalie, they won’t get past the first round. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think if Pittsburgh is still 7-10 points out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline, you load the boat for Guentzel. Stick him with Petey and let Lindholm center Miller and Boeser. That's the top six you win with. 

He’s injured for six weeks. He will be rusty and on top of that he has to adjust to new team during the playoffs. Not worth it. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Couples Therapy Marty Mush GIF by Barstool Sports

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Malibu said:

I didn't say he was bad, just not good enough to be the top guy on a cup winner, or worth 8+ million.  Maybe 8 million.

Petey is worth way more than 8 million.

If the Canucks only offer him 8 million, other teams will snap him up.

Its all about points and goals.  More points, more money, more goals, even more money.

Compare him with Mitch Marner... who is making approx. 10.9 mil per.... and Marner signed in 2019, nearly 5 years ago.  Inflation exists in the NHL too.

When Marner signed, his highest point and goal totals was 94 and 26, both below what Pettersson has achieved. 

And Marner declined from 94 points to 67 in the year he signed.

Petey had 102 pts and 39 goals last year... and he is already up to 72 points and 28 goals this year.

How could you imagine a universe where he gets paid 2.9 mil less per year than Marner?

And Marner plays with Matthews, who is the probably the best pure goalscorer in the NHL right now... with an amazing shot.  And when he's not playing with Matthews he's playing with Tavares, who is no slouch when it comes to goal scoring.  Kinda easy to pick up points with them around.

Yet, since Marner has signed, he has never beaten Pettersson's point or goal records, best has been 99 points.  He's been in the league two more years than Pettersson and is nearly two years older.

Fact is, even if you accept Dumbass paid too much for Marner, Pettersson is worth at least 10.5 mil... and with inflation, probably closer to 11.5.

Nobody knows what the Canucks have offered or what Petey's agent is asking.  But if the Canucks don't want to see him walk, they better pony up and offer something to the north of 10 million.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:01 PM, Hockey God said:

And what will be the next excuse when they next lose:  poor reffing, bad ice, bad coaching, poor game management ....  The season is basically three-quarters done, the players have got to man up.  You can't tell me that the coaches haven't been practicing special teams for most if not all of the practice time since the start of the season.  These players have got to put up now, and show they want to win.  I said in another topic that this is probably the end of the EP40 era in Vancouver, because he thinks highly of his value while the results don't show the same value on the ice.  Right now, management would be foolish to reward what he is doing.  I hope that the braintrust sees what I see, and makes a few more adjustments/additions.         

Talk to the hand, Bro, ‘cause the ears ain’t listening & the eyes are pretty tired, too.

EP40 is a very special player. He gets to decide his future, too. Do you think the scrutiny & nay-saying he goes thru in this fish-bowl market-place would be any different elsewhere? Hell ya!

We have NO idea how he is handling his personal life, long-distance relationships, family affairs or nagging physical challenges while being an intensely private player & shy guy! I believe him when he says he wants to win & be on a contending team ,…and by all indications the Canucks are becoming that. 

I believe Elias has good relationships with his teammates & that leaving them would be difficult, even tho’ a change could offer him more personal freedom off-ice. A difference-making factor could be the quality of organizational support, fan support vs criticisms & the quality of his professional experiences at or around the arena. 

Regardless, I’ll be doing my part to be supportive, full of faith & hope - like any die-hard fan! I’ll buy the swag & go to the games to send positive vibes to the player….so that he’ll feel uber-comfortable devoting the prime years of his life to this organization. They’ll be very hard-pressed to replace him & what he does, otherwise. 

Petey plays a “Patrice Bergeron” style 200ft game for his team. He’s transitioned into a star-player willing to be deployed & do whatever is required to win. Stats are stats,…but the Ws matter most. This is the time for that kind of reckoning. 

Do what you do,..but while EP40 wears our team’s jersey, I’ll support him whole-heartedly! I’m grateful for what he gives us - with pride! He’s progressed &  evolved…yet he’s still morphing, growing & plateauing.

Mark my words, Petey will raise the bar - yet again.

Be a believer! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

34 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Was at the game.

Agree but being in 1st is not the cup, but it also isn't pfft🙂

• Thanks 1