[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

Wow. What a game. So intense. Definitely a possible playoff preview. I liked what I saw from our Canucks. Bummer though. Can't win 'em all, but most certainly a contest that could've had different results with a full, healthy line-up. (Soucy and Daks. Miss 'em for sure.) 

I'm not gonna go into details of any shortcomings observed from this game. Many of you have done that already as has been done ad nauseam in the ol'CDC and here in CFF after a loss. 

We've got a team that can hang in the playoffs. There's no doubt in my mind. That being said...............

I do believe we're missing pieces; big ass forward, big ass D puck mover. Even with a full, healthy roster! Other pieces? Get that PP up to par. As mentioned earlier of this game; coulda' been the difference between a win or a loss.

Someone mentioned a heart 'n' soul type player earlier on. Yea. I can dig that. Heart 'n' soul by committee is fleeting at best. Ya' need the one that can carry a team on their backs. Do we potentially have that player in our lineup already?!?!??!?!?!??? Y'all tell me. Do we?

• Vintage 1

All that talent and yet such a crap powerplay. We get scored on more with the man "advantage" than without. 

Come on boys. Sort that the fuck out. It's embarrassing to watch. 

Flush it and get ready for the next one

And put the black skate jersey back on permanently!

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

That's what the Jets do to every team.  Hellebuyck is a product of an extremely stingy defensive team.  Just think hard about the chances the Canucks had tonight.  Mostly perimeter or Hellebuyck had full view of the shots.

When we drove on net we scored, wasn't enough of that. It's the kind of game where you need a kuzmenko to do something different. Just one loss but like the powerplay you have to change things. 

They had 5 game losing streak and toronto spanked them. 

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yes! I've been saying this for weeks!

Agreed, Boeser is basically just a body at this point, essentially 4 v 4 when he is out there. I will forever argue we should have kept kuzmenko and traded Boeser while he actually had value for the first time in years. But as usual, people see a small sample of him scoring garbage goals and think he’s the next Matthews. He’s not and any line he is on had a distinct disadvantage. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Pears said:

Exactly this. It's silence from these guys when it's all fine and dandy when he's scoring and winning games but the moment he has an off game they come for his head. It's embarrassing and genuinely pathetic.

Pettey is a great player when on, but this year he's really MIA in the bigger games (vs vegas, avs, minn, dallas, boston etc). I don't want him to fail i want him to takeover parts of the game and it hasn't happened often enough. It sucks as when he is on he is elite.

Two words 

SPECIAL TEAMS…

(were not special)

and our stars crapped the bed…

too many penalties 

undisciplined play in our zone 

Hellebyuck outplayed Demko

we need to tighten the ship defensively 

and IMPROVE the lame ass once powerful power play 

you are not special aubrey plaza GIF by Team Coco

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

Now we see how strong defensively the Jets are.  If they were a playoff opponent we need our big defencemen to slam their forwards over and over and over to wear them out.

Well they kinda did... the last two goal were probably due to Juulsen going out of his way to plaster them...

A bit unfortunate result on them both... 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, coho8888 said:

Hmm, I’ve been following the team as long as you have.  I thought they played well.  Did not play down at all.  2 mistakes cost us dearly but in terms of total chances it was evenly matched.  We were physical almost to a fault.  I’m not blaming the loss on the reffing but it was god awful.  Instigator penalty almost never gets called and especially not one like that.  Can we be better? Certainly.  You could tell, both teams really got up for this one.  I cannot be too mad at their effort.  

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They still need a big power forward. Been calling it for years now but where do we get one of those?

They don't make support players like they use to anymore either.    JT Miller, and Mathew, Brady  TckPuke are the modern day power forwards.    Even guys like Kassian are harder to find.   We had one of those maybe in Gadjovich, but Green felt Chiasson was the teams best chance at winning (he was correct), stupid risk should have gave him a shot.     

Personally dont feel there is much difference in skill between the top AHLers and most fourth lines.   Watched McEwen when he played the baby Canucks,  was tough to handle, became a fringe NHLer.     Maybe we should be looking there too (AHL).  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Cuzzizzle said:

Agreed, Boeser is basically just a body at this point, essentially 4 v 4 when he is out there. I will forever argue we should have kept kuzmenko and traded Boeser while he actually had value for the first time in years. But as usual, people see a small sample of him scoring garbage goals and think he’s the next Matthews. He’s not and any line he is on had a distinct disadvantage. 

Goal scorers are streaky.   Brocks in a funk.   Courtnall and Adams had theirs too.   It happens.     Why in the world would we keep Kuzmenko?     At least Brock back checks and isn't trying to be cute two or three times a game and give the puck away.   Garbage goals?  Can't tell if you're being serious.   Vedder dupe account confirmed?    Don't remember anyone comparing Brock to Mathews.    

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sativika said:

Wow. What a game. So intense. Definitely a possible playoff preview. I liked what I saw from our Canucks. Bummer though. Can't win 'em all, but most certainly a contest that could've had different results with a full, healthy line-up. (Soucy and Daks. Miss 'em for sure.) 

I'm not gonna go into details of any shortcomings observed from this game. Many of you have done that already as has been done ad nauseam in the ol'CDC and here in CFF after a loss. 

We've got a team that can hang in the playoffs. There's no doubt in my mind. That being said...............

I do believe we're missing pieces; big ass forward, big ass D puck mover. Even with a full, healthy roster! Other pieces? Get that PP up to par. As mentioned earlier of this game; coulda' been the difference between a win or a loss.

Someone mentioned a heart 'n' soul type player earlier on. Yea. I can dig that. Heart 'n' soul by committee is fleeting at best. Ya' need the one that can carry a team on their backs. Do we potentially have that player in our lineup already?!?!??!?!?!??? Y'all tell me. Do we?

A big ass forward please. Yes!

And yes put the PP up on blocks. Remove the engine and drive train. 

Check for leaks and worn out parts. Clean everything up and torque down your all star parts. Add a turbo charged Hogs or Zadorov to the mix. Make sure the timing is right.  And go!

Just now, spook007 said:

He shouldn't... if it wasn't for his goa,l we wouldn't have been in it to start with.

That was a beaut too, roofed it!

And he played a solid game until he let the frustration set in.

• Like 1

Realistically, right now, I don't see the Canucks as a true playoff contender, they've got some serious work to do and a tough schedule to do it in.  If they can't beat the jets, oilers, knights, avs they're probably not going far in the post season

• Haha 3

The way I see it,we are just not there yet. That was a very entertaining game last night. But the management have more work to do. I think they have done a very good job bringing in players that have launched us forward. Improving the team takes time, as the pieces required cost assets in return. I'm really enjoying this season so far. 

• Cheers 1