[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

if this is a penalty then nametnikov on Quinn is too. 

pionk twice embellishment on hoggy’s hit. 
finally the Lowry hit on Aman when both his feet were in the air isn’t called a penalty and then PDG gets an instigator

Myers was right fighting against two teams last night 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

The poor officiating was a factor for sure, but almost every team is a victim of that.  Ultimately Jets went 2/4 on pp and we went 0/4. It's a bit frustrating to not see signs of improvement on the pp. Too many passing on the outside and not enough options to make the opponent guess. Is it up to the players to figure it out? It should be more on the pp coach to guide the players.

I'm no expert in reading hockey plays, but I see a lot of Hughes walking the blue line to make the defenders move side to side which looks promising at first, then it sort of dissolves itself cause the other 4 guys aren't really moving at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have more games against these top teams before the season ends. If they lose most of them we should be concerned. Small sample size against these teams so far. If those teams lost to us I am sure their fanbases are saying the same thing. If we show we can’t compete with them. I will be worried  if we lose most of all of the remaining games against Boston,Avs, Vegas, and Winnipeg. Then we can worry. What has been shown against these top teams is that they are struggling to meet pressure with pressure. This concerns me a bit right now. Top players have to show up against top teams or we don’t stand a chance.

We are the top team in the league and by a lot. Smelly Coilers are no where near us. They stink. Their city stinks. Their fans stink. Their pets (mooooo) stink. 

• Haha 3

It's not that we can't beat top teams, it's that we didn't make big enough statements against Boston and Winnipeg as the #1 team in the league.

Next up, the Avs, Bruins this coming week followed by two against the Kings.

Hopefully we see those statements. It's a key stretch of measuring games in the schedule.

All hope isn't lost. Learn and regroup.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

We are the top team in the league and by a lot. Smelly Coilers are no where near us. They stink. Their city stinks. Their fans stink. Their pets (mooooo) stink. 

Moooo. 

IMG_3691.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I still don’t consider the Oilers a great team. They had such an easy schedule on that long streak. Sure it’s impressive but I also had to remind myself a lot of those games were at home. Easy teams,  no back to backs. I don’t worry about them at all. Their goaltending and defense is still suspect. That’s why I didn’t put them in with that group. The Oilers schedule is a lot tougher the last part of the year. I think we will see what team the Pilers truly are. In the end I could care less as long as we finish in front of them.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The same person who stood firm on the fact that JT won't be here.

Some never learn.

The MAGA stuff is crap....the memes... the stuff that screams "I really don't have a valid response". 

This team may not be perfect....no team is. But they're showing that they can compete and are learning how to win (most) games. Except the ones they lose are the focus for some. Not sure why they choose to dwell there, but that's their choice I guess.

Yup. Boston has lost four in a row. The Avs have slipped. Heck, all the other top clubs have fallen back. Except us. That’s why we are well clear atop the league. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it a red flag when folks say Canuck Fan in their name (Not you Canuck Fan) then do nothing but complain about players, seem to celebrate loses, and never have anything positive to say about the team. If our record was reversed so it was like Chicago, you could complain all you like. I'm not saying all is amazing in Canuckland. But it's pretty clear some so called Fans, don't seem to like the team very much. Which I find is odd.

It's ok to complain. But find something you like about the team and post it as well. Be it Joshua, Soucy, Lindholm, PDG, Juulsen. Hell if all you say is. I love the Black Skate jersey.  Or I miss the Flying V's. Or something wild like change the name to Spirit Bears. I'm sick of posters who only log on to gripe. Then when the team wins they disappear.

Poor take. So you can’t have Canuckfan in your name to be a Canuckfan. I will respond to this even though it’s not worth my time. Talk about reaching. How about you focus on whatever you want to talk about that isn’t an attack on other posters because this is a reach. All your post shows is that you only read and talk about things that fit your narrative which shows you can’t be taken seriously.

The team has had an amazing year so far and this was a tough game in the end. I am sure management will try to fill the holes as best as they can before the trade deadline. They are short two top forwards and another number 3 dman. That’s a tall order. I have complete confidence in management. They shown they see holes and then go out and fill them.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

There was no need for juuls to take himself out of the play there.  Garland was on the back check and scheifle isn't going to score on dko there.  It was a terrible read by juuls

This statement is true, he wasn't going to score from there but Scheifele also wasn't just going to hand the puck to a back checking Garland. It would have to be taken away from him.

Also Juulsen not only took himself out of the play, he also took Scheifele out of the play. 

I see this as a good trade off.

Unfortunately Garland got caught up in the wash from the hit.

If Garland had picked up the loose puck, we would be writing about what a good solid, puck separating hit that was.

I want Juulsen to continue with these hits but to do them a little smarter.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it a red flag when folks say Canuck Fan in their name (Not you Canuck Fan) then do nothing but complain about players, seem to celebrate loses, and never have anything positive to say about the team. If our record was reversed so it was like Chicago, you could complain all you like. I'm not saying all is amazing in Canuckland. But it's pretty clear some so called Fans, don't seem to like the team very much. Which I find is odd.

It's ok to complain. But find something you like about the team and post it as well. Be it Joshua, Soucy, Lindholm, PDG, Juulsen. Hell if all you say is. I love the Black Skate jersey.  Or I miss the Flying V's. Or something wild like change the name to Spirit Bears. I'm sick of posters who only log on to gripe. Then when the team wins they disappear.

I also find that there's an arrogance with people who pull out things like "realistically" and "those who've played the game" and ignore their previous statements that were proven wrong. At some point, maybe the crowd has it right and you are stuck on a stance that needs to adjust?

This team  is proving themselves worthy....are they there yet? No. But no team is. Bruins slayed it all year but didn't do anything in the playoffs....so it's very much a matter of wait and see. No team can be penciled in as "there yet". Not just this team. 

I doubt those doubting the team actually had us pegged at the top of the league at any stage this year, let alone sustaining that over a period. So....use that as your guide.

Maybe some are weighed as favourites but don't discount a little team that could. With goaltending, some grit, some players who can score...both the top players and those who back them up when they're off. And the attitude and coaching. This team got sick of losing and being criticized and have done a lot to get people to buy in. Those who don't....are missing some great stuff that's happening. 

I'm not sure why people try to predict the future...especially when they're been proven wrong. Reserve judgement....wait and see. What's developing is quite special, even if not perfect. Join the party instead of trying to rain all over it at every opportunity. Realistic takes are those that know anything can happen.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Same guy who thought Virtanen would be a better player than Boeser. 

I had hopes for Jake. (Maybe because my nephew is named Jake) But then I found his head was full of cotton, and he just wouldn't put the work in to be a better player.

I backed him up, then it was clear even to a fan like me, he had the tools, but no toolbox. And kept trying to use a saw for a hammer. I wish him well. But just another 1st round bust. Well we got some seasons out of him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I had hopes for Jake. (Maybe because my nephew is named Jake) But then I found his head was full of cotton, and he just wouldn't put the work in to be a better player.

I backed him up, then it was clear even to a fan like me, he had the tools, but no toolbox. And kept trying to use a saw for a hammer. I wish him well. But just another 1st round bust. Well we got some seasons out of him.

I wanted to like Jake, but honestly saw the party in him was overshadowing the on ice focus. He loved the shotgun stuff and drank it up. Literally? I don't know.

I am glad to see he got engaged and maybe he's growing up and learned some do's and don'ts of how to be a responsible adult. I hope he moves into that role and can use what happened to him as a valuable lifestyle learning lesson.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Id say they had good zone time 5v5, but rarely dangerous.  The Jets kept them outside and handled them pretty easily

The jets were rarely dangerous too, 5v5.  Two break downs led to two goals in the third, canucks couldnt capitolize on the breakdowns the jets had (see Mikh breakaway etc).  End of story.  Up till that point the Canucks had the run of the play (see the meter below).  

You seem to be putting the Jets on some kind of "next level" pedestal.  They recently lost 5 games to good teams (I can imagine what you would be saying if you were a fan of theirs if you were judging them on the same criteria).  I see it as a one line team, a very good line, backed by arguably the best goalie in the league.  Their d looks big and slow , and their bottom 6 are a bunch of grinders - hardly the mount everest you are implying they are.  They rely on Hellebuyck and the stifling system they play to win games.  

I like our chances against them in a 7 game series when we have a full roster.

winipeg.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My observation is it would be 1 positives out of 50 negative comments. Canucks would almost have to be a perfect game for these folks to offer something positive (and usually follow up with another negative).

I think it's just the nature of someone needing to be be critical about everything, or perhaps need attention because others will be all over it when they see these type of comments. Thankfully it's a relatively smaller group of fans.

I have a tendency of being critical of the team too (like last night I feel if our pp was better we would've overcome the sh*t officiating), but I remind myself I need to be fair and being critical all the time isn't constructive.

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Poor take. So you can’t have Canuckfan in your name to be a Canuckfan. I will respond to this even though it’s not worth my time. Talk about reaching. How about you focus on whatever you want to talk about that isn’t an attack on other posters because this is a reach. All your post shows is that you only read and talk about things that fit your narrative which shows you can’t be taken seriously.

The team has had an amazing year so far and this was a tough game in the end. I am sure management will try to fill the holes as best as they can. 

We have fewer and smaller holes than any other club. That’s why we are way ahead of everyone else. 
Now Bow 🙇 and Kneel to the Empties . 

• Haha 2