[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I wanted to like Jake, but honestly saw the party in him was overshadowing the on ice focus. He loved the shotgun stuff and drank it up. Literally? I don't know.

I am glad to see he got engaged and maybe he's growing up and learned some do's and don'ts of how to be a responsible adult. I hope he moves into that role and can use what happened to him as a valuable lifestyle learning lesson.

If Jake had the work ethic and maturity that he should have had, there is no doubt in my mind he would have done well especially with a coach like Tochett. He is exactly the type of player Tochett would have loved to work with and grow his game. He just thought he was better than he was and lacked the focus and work ethic. I think playing in his hometown was not a great situation with him. It’s too bad.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We have fewer and smaller holes than any other club. That’s why we are way ahead of everyone else. 
Now Bow 🙇 and Kneel to the Empties . 

Sure we have fewer but you can’t tell me there aren’t holes in the top 6. Mik isn’t it this year. Maybe he comes back in next year and fixes his game. He is a third line player right now.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are the top team in the league and by a lot. Smelly Coilers are no where near us. They stink. Their city stinks. Their fans stink. Their pets (mooooo) stink. 

Damn it, now I got this song in my head... Go to 2.30 and listen why your stink text fits so good.

https://youtu.be/_KlmIOoQ3eY?feature=shared

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's just a ridiculous spin.

Seriously? No.

Yea let's cool that talk.

To me anyway it looks like we're a couple of complimentary players away from being a true beast of a team, I'm thrilled.

I have full confidence Allvin gets it right. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Damn it, now I got this song in my head... Go to 2.30 and listen why your stink text fits so good.

https://youtu.be/_KlmIOoQ3eY?feature=shared

I think McDavid is great but man it’s not like he has brought them anywhere near a cup. Watching hockey night in Canada broadcasts is so hard when they play. It’s McDavid this and McDavid that. Most of the time he isn’t even on the ice. They think he’s great even when he has horrible games. I don’t think he drags his team into games in terms of playoffs. He’s just another player. A good one sure but do we have hear his name a million times when he plays or isn’t playing on the ice.

The last thing I'll add....because I know it falls on deaf ears for those who really aren't getting it.

If we're being realistic...the officiating has been trash. The team's expected to be perfect but the refs get excuses ("they're the best of the best", "it's a tough gig...fast moving game"). 

Be realistic in the entire overview....not just directed at the team that you're over analyzing incorrectly. Focus a bit more on the refs who can really shift momentum...yes, our pp has to be better and that could've been the difference maker. But the team (and the fans) were pissed off at the inconsistency out there and the team lost some composure. Refs helped with that. It was atrocious. Realistically.

The team does have to win despite that....teams get bad calls and missed calls. But this team really gets shafted at times...it's glaring. For the most part, they're ignoring it but last night it became a factor. They pushed back. I even saw Huggy throw a frustrated away from the play crosscheck after he'd been "assaulted" and the refs were flossing their teeth. Throws things off. Mental game kind of fell apart there...but the Jets shouldn't be proud of using that as part of their angle.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Going back over the game. It looks like our best players were Brock, Mikheyev, Cole, and of course Huggy, Hronek, Miller. 

But some say Brock is awful and does nothing. I'm not sure they know what number he is.

• MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea let's cool that talk.

To me anyway it looks like we're a couple of complimentary players away from being a true beast of a team, I'm thrilled.

I have full confidence Allvin gets it right. 

And let's face it, Soucy being out hurts. He's had an impact when he's been in/healthy.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think McDavid is great but man it’s not like he has brought them anywhere near a cup. Watching hockey night in Canada broadcasts is so hard when they play. It’s McDavid this and McDavid that. Most of the time he isn’t even on the ice. He’s great when he has horrible games. I don’t think he drags his team into games in terms of playoffs. He’s just another player. A good one sure but do we have hear his name a million times when he plays or isn’t playing on the ice.

I would love to hear how you thought of McDavid with my link? 
Was it the butt cheeks? Toy Dolls? 🤣

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

The last thing I'll add....because I know it falls on deaf ears for those who really aren't getting it.

If we're being realistic...the officiating has been trash. The team's expected to be perfect but the refs get excuses ("they're the best of the best", "it's a tough gig...fast moving game"). 

Be realistic in the entire overview....not just directed at the team that you're over analyzing incorrectly. Focus a bit more on the refs who can really shift momentum...yes, our pp has to be better and that could've been the difference maker. But the team (and the fans) were pissed off at the inconsistency out there and the team lost some composure. Refs helped with that. It was atrocious. Realistically.

The team does have to win despite that....teams get bad calls and missed calls. But this team really gets shafted at times...it's glaring. For the most part, they're ignoring it but last night it became a factor. They pushed back. I even saw Huggy throw a crosscheck after he'd been "assaulted" and the refs were flossing their teeth.

The officials have been trash everywhere all year. Who do they answer to? Who’s keeping them accountable? No one. I blame the league for not addressing the issue.

in terms of the Canucks I do feel like we are always at a disadvantage and battling the other team and officials.  They ignore blatant calls and give our team three penalties in a row. Then when the other team scores they will give us a pp. it’s just awful to watch. The sad part is that the league doesn’t seem to care that the game is not being officiated at an elite level. Officials don’t seem to have high standards for their games. It has to change at some point or someone is going to get hurt. It will be their fault for not addressing the problem.

One thing for sure, when Petey gets hot it pushes us further. We need him (to do a bit more).

Look at Matthews right now? As much as I can't stand him/his team....he's upping his game at the right time.

A lot really does depend on when players run hot/cold. Your best players have to be your best players. I give JT a pass when he's not scoring because he is battling hard out there and sets up plays with so much potential and could connect but just miss at times. He had a few tip in's too that could've been goals. He's a high risk high reward (when it works) player. I really watch him and he sees plays before they're there...he's quick to distribute the puck and sometimes it's even before a guy's ready to receive it. But when it clicks, it's special. It also leaves for the occasional pick off the other way, but he does some stuff out there that, for me, is one step ahead.

Let's hope Petey catches fire soon and starts showing his stuff again. 

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The team does have to win despite that....teams get bad calls and missed calls. But this team really gets shafted at times...it's glaring. For the most part, they're ignoring it but last night it became a factor. They pushed back. I even saw Huggy throw a crosscheck after he'd been "assaulted" and the refs were flossing their teeth.

Can't agree more. Watching all the head snapping back when there was zero contact to the head and getting called for it was bullshit. Hughes getting ran from behind, nothing. Hardly touch what's his face from behind and he goes down like he'd been shot gets called. What a fucking joke.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I also find that there's an arrogance with people who pull out things like "realistically" and "those who've played the game" and ignore their previous statements that were proven wrong. At some point, maybe the crowd has it right and you are stuck on a stance that needs to adjust?

This team  is proving themselves worthy....are they there yet? No. But no team is. Bruins slayed it all year but didn't do anything int he playoffs....so it's very much a matter of wait and see. No team can be penciled in...sure, maybe as favourites but don't discount a little team that could. With goaltending, some grit, some players who can score...both the top players and those who back them up when they're off.

I'm not sure why people try to predict the future...especially when they're been proven wrong. Reserve judgement....wait and see. What's developing is quite special, even if not perfect. Join the party instead of trying to rain all over it at every opportunity. Realistic takes are those that know anything can happen.

It's a very warped mindset. 

What type of person lacks so greatly in self-esteem, they would need to continually display a desperate need for attention? 

Answer: A very lonely, demented troll. 

These types never cheer or have anything uplifting to say about our team. They only show up to suck the life out of the forum, as "their all-knowing insight," is going to enlighten us lessor, unworthy beings.

This is supposed to be about supporting and cheering for our team.  

And the fact is, instead of talking about "the game itself," every game, regardless whether it's a win or loss, "somehow" turns into this. 

We need to stop feeding these trolls. 

They will scream for attention, but if we don't respond, they will slither away, and crawl back under their bridge. 

It's a truly twisted mindset to come from. It must be one very lonely life. And sickening life.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Wing said:

My observation is it would be 1 positives out of 50 negative comments. Canucks would almost have to be a perfect game for these folks to offer something positive (and usually follow up with another negative).

I think it's just the nature of someone needing to be be critical about everything, or perhaps need attention because others will be all over it when they see these type of comments. Thankfully it's a relatively smaller group of fans.

I have a tendency of being critical of the team too (like last night I feel if our pp was better we would've overcome the sh*t officiating), but I remind myself I need to be fair and being critical all the time isn't constructive.

People can be optimistic and realistic at the same time.  They don't have to be mutually exclusive

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

What type of person lacks so greatly in self-esteem, they would need to continually display a desperate need for attention? 

These types never cheer or have anything uplifting to say about our team. They only show up to suck the life out of the forum, as "their all-knowing insight," is going to enlighten us lessor, unworthy beings.

And the fact is, instead of talking about "the game itself," every game, regardless whether it's a win or loss, "somehow" turns into this. 

They will scream for attention, but if we don't respond, they will slither away, and crawl back under their bridge. 

It's a truly twisted mindset to come from. It must be one very lonely life. And sickening life.  

The insecurity of this kind of post

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

One thing for sure, when Petey gets hot it pushes us further. We need him (to do a bit more).

Look at Matthews right now? As much as I can't stand him/his team....he's upping his game at the right time.

A lot really does depend on when players run hot/cold. Your best players have to be your best players. I give JT a pass because he is battling hard out there and also does really set up plays that could connect but just miss. He's a high risk high reward (when it works) player. I really watch him and he sees plays before they're there...he's quick to distribute the puck and sometimes it's even before a guy's ready to receive it. But when it clicks, it's special. It also leaves for the occasional pick off the other way, but he does some stuff out there that, for me, is one step ahead.

Let's hope Petey catches fire soon and starts showing his stuff again. 

Petey is a very interesting case

At times he looks and plays at a 'generational' level

At times he plays at an 'elite' level

others he looks like 'just' a super star'

and often he just looks and plays like a star.------ which is still a damn fine player.

I'd just like to seem more consistency- and hope it is very high level consistency.- Especially before signing him to mega money.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, TopChed said:

Going back over the game. It looks like our best players were Brock, Mikheyev, Cole, and of course Huggy, Hronek, Miller. 

As much as I wish we could get rid of Boeser, I don't disagree with this.

8 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I don’t think you have the right to talk about people’s personal lives. It’s not hockey related at all and it is just a way for you to try to insult people without looking like you are insulting them. How do you know people don’t struggle with mental health issues, or are suicidal? Then you come and spew things that could be hurtful. You need to be careful and not read too much into comments about the team itself. Keep it hockey related. This forum is for everyone to make comments. It’s not the only make positive posts forum. Learn to ignore if it bothers you that much. No one should say anything about people’s personal lives. We all don’t know eachother on a personal level so keep it civil. Saying they live a lonely life and sickening life is pretty ignorant. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

And let's face it, Soucy being out hurts. He's had an impact when he's been in/healthy.

True. Soucy was playing really well before the injury. 

Let's hope he gets back soon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2