[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

True. Soucy was playing really well before the injury. 

Let's hope he gets back soon. 

Anyone remember the original timeline guestimate?  I recall something like 4-6 weeks....so that puts him at about 2 more weeks. Always hard to tell with these injuries.

Yes, i tried to google it but when you type Soucy and Injury you get a barrage of links going back a while (yeah not good)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Darius said:

Random thoughts while i sip my 'tea':

-Starting to look more and more like Joshua is the most important member of that third line.  Hes built for games like this.  He operates in the dirty areas and Garland is good at reading him and vice versa.

-I think Juulsen will learn from this.   No need to get out of position to get the big hit.  Better to learn now than in the playoffs.

-We see these teams that are in scoring droughts or losing streaks play their best game against the Canucks.  Being at the top will put a target on them where teams are extra motivated.

-Rob Blake should be fired for trading Vilardi, Iaffalo, Kupari and a second for PLD  That trade saved the Jets and took the kings down two notches.

"Starting to look more and more"? wasn't that the only line to get points last night. Joshua is out and they never missed a beat. The 1st and 2nd line on the other hand.

13 minutes ago, Dom said:

Lol no need to be hostile. 

My best guess would be the Panthers. 

How do you get "hostile" out of that?

Again....one of those words to try to strengthen a point but ... ineffective.

That's the deal though...it is just a guess. As is guessing that the Canucks won't. They could. They could not. Just like every other team.

So this team then? Cool.

428287272_10160771461025549_493704801370

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Anyone remember the original timeline guestimate?  I recall something like 4-6 weeks....so that puts him at about 2 more weeks. Always hard to tell with these injuries.

Yes, i tried to google it but when you type Soucy and Injury you get a barrage of links going back a while (yeah not good)

The last thing I saw was Tocchet saying it was still week-to-week. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I purposely didn't come in here last night. I WAS hostile at that point and knew it wouldn't end well for me.

So I waited, cooled down and......clusterpuck is still happening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Petey is a very interesting case

At times he looks and plays at a 'generational' level

At times he plays at an 'elite' level

others he looks like 'just' a super star'

and often he just looks and plays like a star.------ which is still a damn fine player.

I'd just like to seem more consistency- and hope it is very high level consistency.- Especially before signing him to mega money.

If we view Miller as our 1C and Petey as our 2C, maybe things make more sense? 

I'd like to get Miller more help. I like Suter, but thats the spot I'd be looking to change up with a big F and beef up the Miller line. I think once we did that, Petey and Lindholm would get lesser competition and start to produce more. Just a thought.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DelPiLeo said:

Hope they can learn a lesson from this one. Lost some concentrations in the third and Jets played boring but smarter in this game.

Jets were 4-6 in their last 10 games. Only scoring 13 g in those 10 games. 

They came in with something to prove. 

ie more desperate.  We are getting everyone's A game now. If another team can tip the scales physically that is what they will do. We can't afford passengers. Sorry Aman that means you. We need a much needed extra tough sonofabitch there.

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Hockey God said:

Not negative, just realistic.  I've seen this movie before, it never ends well.  If this team cannot find a leader who leads and bleeds for this team, and will do anything to win, including standing in front of the goalie and absorbing hit after hit to give his team a chance to score, or who just puts his head down and barrels to the net like an irresistable force, they will make the playoffs, but they won't last long.     

A player like........................Linden? :classic_biggrin:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

How do you get "hostile" out of that?

Again....one of those words to try to strengthen a point but ... ineffective.

That's the deal though...it is just a guess. As is guessing that the Canucks won't. They could. They could not. Just like every other team.

So this team then? Cool.

428287272_10160771461025549_493704801370

The Panthers know what it takes to win - the Canucks do not. I could very well be wrong but like I said, I see a 2nd round exit in the future. 

Day of loss major panic, half the group saying “see I told you so.”
Day after loss.the moderating fandom begins.
If you were really a fan you would feel the way I do…blah, blah blah. 
The lecturing people on how to be a fan is more tiresome than the reactive panic after every loss. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

"Starting to look more and more"? wasn't that the only line to get points last night. Joshua is out and they never missed a beat. The 1st and 2nd line on the other hand.

It’s part of the reason it’s so hard when Petey has an off night. It really does put us at a disadvantage.

When it comes to Petey I think strength is going to always be his struggle. I know he’s tried to put on weight. Being slight must be hard if it’s something that is hard to improve upon or can’t control. Some people just can’t put on weight and muscle as easier as others but I think in order for him to take that next step he has to find a way. Not sure if he can. It’s part of the reason he falls down so much. I am sure it is very frustrating. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

If anything, Canucks needs an upgrade on Miller/Boeser line.  Suter and PDG are OK but not top 6 material.

EP + Lindholm + Hogz seem to be working.  Unfortunately it seems Hogz is in the Refs sights for some reason.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I purposely didn't come in here last night. I WAS hostile at that point and knew it wouldn't end well for me.

So I waited, cooled down and......clusterpuck is still happening.

I think its a lot of leftover angst from the Benning years. 

I get that people are upset at how we lost. But I also remember the lack of energy from our blue line under Green. I love that Juulson wants to be aggressive and I have no doubt he'll pick his spots better going forward. 

Those dives tho. Man, I'd be embarrassed if we were pulling that crap, vs. some mistakes that we can address. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The line was good - they have the luxury of not being matched up against the other teams best - but i think my point stands.  Joshua is the most effective player on that line, it doesnt mean the other guys arent good.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Day of loss major panic, half the group saying “see I told you so.”
Day after loss.the moderating fandom begins.
If you were really a fan you would feel the way I do…blah, blah blah. 
The lecturing people on how to be a fan is more tiresome than the reactive panic after every loss. 

At times feels like:

i make pee-wees big adventure GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Miller's our guy in the forefront leading the team into battle. Big Z is also helping to set a tone and I really love him being part of the team.

Quinn's the go about business and be awesome on the ice leader.

Petey too...and he's also doing stuff when he's not scoring. I love when he lays out a big hit....my friend laughed when I said he was throwing his weight around out there last night after he doled a hit. But when he's engaged, it's awesome.

Garland...leading the lower ranks and making them a force to be reckoned with. 

Demko when he's got fire in his eyes and is the bubble wall.

Leadership by committee...I like it.

We also really missed Joshua last night....he's become a very valuable part of this team.

I really do think we're 1 big F away from hanging better with the bigger teams more consistently, but as others have pointed out, we still have a winning record against the big teams.

I don't know who the target is/should/could be... it does get harder now as teams see the same pain point we do and they'll be demanding a ton. 

Maybe we already have it in Podkolzin?

• Like 1