[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

The same Kings who have come crashing back down to earth to the point they fired their coach? Those guys? 

Firing a coach mid season can do wonders for a team. 

Remember when Mike Sullivan took over the Pens mid season. 

Same talk as last season. It was only pre-season, nothing to worry about. Then once regular season hit we said it's only 5 games, then only 10 then it was too late.

While it's true pre-season means nothing in the standings and while the games not all NHL regulars were dressed, 3 loses and 2 goals scored is quite alarming. 

So now we're at the top of the standings but....let's not include that part.

Let's be afraid of the big bad teams below us. 

Same talk as always for some....we're never good enough, even when we are.

I like accountability and to see if people ever do change their minds. It's something to be able to do so....to admit that things may be changing.

But no, same ol'. Our wins are nothing and the losses are the only thing that count.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Some rinks have noisemakers though, so it's inconsistent. 

And only PAID noisemakers? Is that the deal? Canned stuff.

I have some of those tubes (lol). You're giving me ideas here.....

If that's what they're doing as a league thing, no thanks. We come here to have fun and cheer our team on. Not just when/how you tell us to.

I can do so at home so that might be the best place for me to watch the game. Save some $$. The overall in game experience is losing it's lustre for me if I have to follow a bunch of rules about how to cheer. Nope.

Oh but those cowbells sound so sweet.

5:08

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

One thing I should mention....I'm almost to the point that I'm getting really tired of bad attitude from RA staff and prefer to watch from home. I go to a lot of games....have been for 15 years or so. Always with my little cowbell. I love the overall experience as part of it...but lately there have been some sour pusses threatening that.

It's the old hags who don't know how to greet people...they're hosts ,that's part of their job is to make paying customers feel welcome and happy. But no, they're like SWAT team wannabes. Last game was a fiasco and they offered me "food and drink" in a g/c to make up for it. I wasn't really wanting anything, except to alert them to the fact that some of the staff need to be addressed/retrained. Trained at all on customer "service". 

A $25 g/c barely covers a large pop, but thanks. I did appreciate the gesture....but just really want the experience to be better. I don't like being accosted at the door...I'm a nice person (until you piss me off).

So we entered last night at Gate 16 and Hostzilla immediately said "YOU CAN'T BRING THAT IN HERE" (and pointed at my uzi lil purple cowbell). Not "excuse me Ma'am...hi...."). I said "oh, I've been bringing it for 15 years. She interrupted with "NO NOISEMAKERS ALLOWED". Well then quit yelling at me?

Seriously? It's a frickin' hockey game not a library. And could you tell that Crazy P guy that as he's screaming in my ear? K, thanks.

I'm going to buy me an airhorn. And a kazoo. 

/rant

That's horse petooty. No noise makers. What's the world come to. It's a hockey game not a wake. Blow the freaking roof off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I think Petey is the main one dragging the power play down. Watch him on it. Barely ever moves, fumbles passes and is just way too slow. Watch how quick and easily Miller gets off one-timers when he rotates to Petterssons spot. 

What happened to his wrist shot? Used to beat goalies cleanly left and right and now won’t even attempt a shot and has seemed to have lost almost all of his creativity which was my favourite part of his game. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

This was the jets absolute best and we hung with them just fine.  The Myers hit was not a penalty and took some gas away.  Winnipeg were diving early showing they were scared of us.  Some of the embellishments were truly Oscar winning.  Haven't seen that in a while.  We outshot outplayed and out hit them.  No worries here.

Yes we did great. I think people just want the team

to come out on top in these high pressure games and they haven’t. It doesn’t mean they won’t when we play them again. It’s a what have you done for me lately world we live in. Pressure meets pressure mentality and they have struggled but it doesn’t mean it will continue.  

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks lost to COL and BOS already this season. 

They play those teams again this week. Must wins.

So if we lose those two should we be Sellers at the TDL?

Important games but not must wins.

• Vintage 1

Against the current top 16:

Florida: 2-0

Boston: 0-1

Dallas: 1-0-1

Rangers: 1-0-1

Winnipeg: 0-1

Colorado: 0-1

Carolina: 2-0

Vegas: 0-1

Toronto: 1-1

Edmonton: 3-0

Tampa: 1-1

Philly: 0-2

Detroit: 1-1

New Jersey: 1-1

Record: 13-10-3

Not as doom and gloom as everyone is making it out to be after one loss where we controlled most of the game. 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

By citing games against teams at the start of the year.  This was always going to be the part of the season that showed who they are.  If they can't beat teams in the top 5-8 at this time, they're in tough for the playoffs.

This is a good team, but the teams they're going to have to beat are battle hardened and know when games start to mean something and they know how to tighten up.  Both Boston and Winnipeg handled them pretty easily

And Calgary handled both Boston and Winnipeg very easily with 4-1 loses.  Speaking of Boston,

who are currently enjoying a 4 game losing streak, they also were handled easily by Caps 3-0

and Kraks 4-1. 

It's hockey man.  Lots of ups and downs; especially at this time of year.  You don't have to

get up on your high horse and compare the fans to MAGA.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TopChed said:

That's horse petooty. No noise makers. What's the world come to. It's a hockey game not a wake. Blow the freaking roof off. 

I think they should change the rule to: NO NOISEMAKER FANS FROM OTHER TEAMS ALLOWED

I'd support that.

(We had some really obnoxious Jets' fans in front of us....one guy in the row in front of me was ready to rumble with them. He'd had enough).

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Man, lots of overreaction in this pgt. Just last game people out there talking about this team lapping the NHL and now all of a sudden we suck again lol.

Jekyll and Hyde. 

Who’s said they suck? Man people just take what people say and twist it into something totally different. I haven’t heard one person on here use the words “We suck!”

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks lost to COL and BOS already this season. 

They play those teams again this week. Must wins.

I don't see them beating the Avs in a back to back, but stranger things have happened. 

1 minute ago, NucksNation said:

I think Petey is the main one dragging the power play down. Watch him on it. Barely ever moves, fumbles passes and is just way too slow. Watch how quick and easily Miller gets off one-timers when he rotates to Petterssons spot. 

What happened to his wrist shot? Used to beat goalies cleanly left and right and now won’t even attempt a shot and has seemed to have lost almost all of his creativity which was my favourite part of his game. 

Some valid points but the unit as a whole is bad. The biggest reason why it doesn't work is because every position aside from Hughes' doesn't rotate. Easy to defend when you have to cover 1 area of the ice and never look behind you to the open man sneaking anywhere. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NucksNation said:

Yep, can't argue against this.

Petey's tentative lately and I'm not sure what it will take for him to get his full confident self back. He seems unsure at times...Miller moves around and makes quick decisions and Petey seems a little lost. Falls down, loses the puck. I sure hope whatever it is gets fixed...we need him to do more. And he's so capable of it. That's our superstar player and I'm waiting for him to blow it open.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Firing a coach mid season can do wonders for a team. 

Remember when Mike Sullivan took over the Pens mid season. 

It could also be too late like we all know too well. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

And Calgary handled both Boston and Winnipeg very easily with 4-1 loses.  Speaking of Boston,

who are currently enjoying a 4 game losing streak, they also were handled easily by Caps 3-0

and Kraks 4-1. 

It's hockey man.  Lots of ups and downs; especially at this time of year.  You don't have to

get up on your high horse and compare the fans to MAGA.

I'm not talking about opponents where games aren't really meaningful, I'm talking about games against opponents you need to get through to win a cup.  The Boston's, Winnipeg's and avs don't care about reg season games against teams like Calgary, especially now.  

41 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wonder if Buffalo would give us Alex Tuch for Mikh --- just the type of guy we can use at 6'4" 220lbs at roughly the same cap hit. 

Yeah , i know, it aint happening...

We'd have to add a lot, but yeah, this is the type of guy we need.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not talking about opponents where games aren't really meaningful, I'm talking about games against opponents you need to get through to win a cup.  The Boston's, Winnipeg's and avs don't care about reg season games against teams like Calgary, especially now.  

Every game is meaningful. 

You can't speak for them or what they care about. Any team that adopts that attitude is setting themselves up to fail. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yep, can't argue against this.

Petey's tentative lately and I'm not sure what it will take for him to get his full confident self back. He seems unsure at times...Miller moves around and makes quick decisions and Petey seems a little lost. Falls down, loses the puck. I sure hope whatever it is gets fixed...we need him to do more. And he's so capable of it. That's our superstar player and I'm waiting for him to blow it open.

Well the amount of times we see him lose it on the pp is the most concerning. We have never seen him do that before. He’s now a liability out there. He use to be so amazing on the pp. We rarely see him take that big shot anymore. I wonder if something is still wrong with his wrist and he can’t have it repaired until the end of the year and it is something he is just playing through. It makes sense if he’s just trying to get through the year and why we have seen such drastic swings in his play throughout the year. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

So its ok for those teams to lose to bottom feeders because they don't care about the reg season but somehow when we beat those same teams with less than a stellar effort, its not ok?

• Cheers 1