[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

44 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wonder if Buffalo would give us Alex Tuch for Mikh --- just the type of guy we can use at 6'4" 220lbs at roughly the same cap hit. 

Yeah , i know, it aint happening...

I wish it would.

He'd be perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

So its ok for those teams to lose to bottom feeders because they don't care about the reg season but somehow when we beat those same teams with less than a stellar effort, its not ok?

Who said it's not ok?

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who said it's not ok?

Go back to PGT's on some of those wins against the lesser teams.  sometimes it feels like we lost the game.  All the "if we played like against a better team, we would have lost"

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not talking about opponents where games aren't really meaningful, I'm talking about games against opponents you need to get through to win a cup.  The Boston's, Winnipeg's and avs don't care about reg season games against teams like Calgary, especially now.  

Interesting.  Both teams have plenty of Ws against bad teams and Ls against good teams.  It

would be stupid to take any game lightly at this time of year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure roslovic is an upgrade? Love to add greenway 

Me too Greenway is the definition of a prick but we need a guy like that on the 4th line. Åman is a fine depth piece but he's nowhere near physical enough. 

• MillerTime 1

Just now, coho8888 said:

Go back to PGT's on some of those wins against the lesser teams.  sometimes it feels like we lost the game.  All the "if we played like against a better team, we would have lost"

Were those statements wrong?

50 minutes ago, Darius said:

I wonder if Buffalo would give us Alex Tuch for Mikh --- just the type of guy we can use at 6'4" 220lbs at roughly the same cap hit. 

Yeah , i know, it aint happening...

I mean sure if we added a 1st and a couple of top prospects they might not laugh us away. Tuch is from the Buffalo area and is most likely going to be their next captain. Greenway is a much more realistic target.  

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Dakota offering his jersey to the barber.

THe barber's Junior's logo looks like the famous Junior's cheesecake in NYC.  

I got my hair cut there.

Used to live a block away.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So funny.

If you don't win every game we suck and it's all over.

It almost seems like we should try to find a tougher league somewhere.

Again who’s said we suck?? lol. I guess some people aren’t really reading the posts. No one has said that.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

Just now, stawns said:

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yep.  because most of the time we didn't play that way against top teams.  Just replying to your excuses for elite teams losing to bottom feeders.  

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I mean sure if we added a 1st and a couple of top prospects they might not laugh us away. Tuch is from the Buffalo area and is most likely going to be their next captain. Greenway is a much more realistic target.  

No doubt Pears.  Buffalo would want a haul for Tuch. I looked up his stats again and they are better than I thought!

i haven’t watched much of Greenway tbh. Can he hang with top 6 players?  I think that’s where the physical presence is required the most. 

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

So funny.

If you don't win every game we suck and it's all over.

It almost seems like we should try to find a tougher league somewhere.

Yeah man,

Hockey is a game of inches.

Most teams that win the cup have to have a lot of things going for them. Have to have a talented line up that is also well balanced and most importantly healthy at the right time. On top of that a good helping of luck is needed.

I always point out that on any given Sunday a 'bad' team can beat a 'good' one. This is why hockey playoffs are a best of 7.

People getting down because we lose a game now and again are being hard on themselves imo. We will not win them all..however, this year we have the best chance to win when it matters. We are a legit cup contender. you dont hold on to top spot this deep into a season without being in the conversation.

Cant wait for the playoffs!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We have the Avs, Bruins, and Kings x2 all coming up. These are playoff caliber teams.

As the #1 team, we need to see and make bigger, better statements. End of story.

The statement last night was fine.

They outshot, outhit them and were in the game until they lost composure...due to some really lopsided stuff.

They could have won that game just as easily as lost it. Jets took over when the Canucks started losing the mental edge of the game - they'll fix that.

It's not like we didn't stand up to them or they outplayed us. They outwitted us, with a little help from their friends refs.

Even Huggy...who usually just runs around out there doing his thing. Outskating everyone. He lost it momentarily...went back with crosschecks and stuff. Threw him off his game. 

They won't always be able to do that. Jets played up to the refs. That's a bit of a tell right there....that their game plan relied on a bit of that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

No doubt Pears.  Buffalo would want a haul for Tuch. I looked up his stats again and they are better than I thought!

i haven’t watched much of Greenway tbh. Can he hang with top 6 players?  I think that’s where the physical presence is required the most. 

It would depend honestly. Just a few years ago he was highly touted and was a really strong middle six player so I'm not sure what happened. I think Tocchet could figure him out though. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It's not that we can't beat top teams, it's that we didn't make big enough statements against Boston and Winnipeg as the #1 team in the league.

Next up, the Avs, Bruins this coming week followed by two against the Kings.

Hopefully we see those statements. It's a key stretch of measuring games in the schedule.

All hope isn't lost. Learn and regroup.

I think losing to these teams gives us an advantage in the playoffs. The other team will be over-confident and our guys will be hungry.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

The statement last night was fine.

They outshot, outhit them and were in the game until they lost composure...due to some really lopsided stuff.

They could have won that game just as easily as lost it. Jets took over when the Canucks started losing the mental edge of the game - they'll fix that.

It's not like we didn't stand up to them or they outplayed us. They outwitted us, with a little help from their friends refs.

Even Huggy...who usually just runs around out there doing his thing. Outskating everyone. He lost it momentarily...went back with crosschecks and stuff. Threw him off his game. 

They won't always be able to do that. Jets played up to the refs. That's a bit of a tell right there.

I stand by what I said.