[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

So funny.

If you don't win every game we suck and it's all over.

It almost seems like we should try to find a tougher league somewhere.

I wouldn't say that.  I know I've been consistent in thoughts all year.........this a good team with the prospect of being a great team, I just don't think they're there yet

I am not concern about the loss because we both know that the ref can be that bad and Winnipeg got this game undeservedly.  It would have been a completely different game had the ref not nitpicking on the Canucks unfairly just because they are at the top of the standing and make this game entertaining on a national broadcast.  Earn this victory first without any ref being biased.  That is the way I'm looking at this objectively.  It is not that the Canucks inability to win big games against top 10 in the league but it's the way how the league is treating the Canucks.   I am not too worried because they are in midst of a tough stretch but the final tough stretch.  The next tough stretch will be the playoffs so it will be a good test this week until Boston game then finally getting some recover and rest.  Good for Tochhet to brush away the officiating questioning by the media and focus on what this team can do even in a very biased refereeing.  

1 minute ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think losing to these teams gives us an advantage in the playoffs. The other team will be over-confident and our guys will be hungry.

I certainly don't disagree at all. There is definitely an upside. 

2 hours ago, Artemus said:

James, another very good game summary.

My take on your Point 5...... I saw something similar to what you saw. Of course I rewound that play 4 times.

Juulsen and Garland were both close to Scheifele and had him well contained.

The problem wasn't the hit by Juulsen. The hit had the desired effect of separating Scheifele from the puck. The problem was the location of the hit and Garland's reaction to the hit.

Firstly, the hit was delivered too high in the zone and allowed the Winnipeg trailer to continue in stride to pick up the puck, which was just lying on the ice about a metre from Garland, and then continue with a good, aggressive line to the net. This allowed Winnipeg to out man the Canuck defenders.

Secondly, Garland was obviously surprised by the hit, probably just as much as Scheifele was. He was in tight to Scheifele cutting off a passing lane and any possible cutback. When the hit occurred there were big bodies flying through the air. Garland instinctively, ducked and made moves to protect himself from these flying bodies.

Unfortunately he lost sight of the puck which was just laying there about a metre from him.

If Juulsen would have allowed Scheifele to enter a little further into the zone, the trailer would have been further away and probably not skating hard.

This would have allowed Garland more time to locate the puck and do something with it.

Garland is not just an "Angry Little Elf" he is also quite smart (or so I believe). As he and Juulsen play together more often, they will fine-tune plays such as this.

Basically I thought that Juulsen, for the most part, played well on the 3rd pairing. Got a goal. Blocked some shots. Had some real solid puck separating hits.

I believe that he will continue to learn and get better.

Thanks for the excellent analysis of the 3rd Winnipeg goal. I think that is exactly the right read of the situation.

7 minutes ago, Darius said:

No doubt Pears.  Buffalo would want a haul for Tuch. I looked up his stats again and they are better than I thought!

i haven’t watched much of Greenway tbh. Can he hang with top 6 players?  I think that’s where the physical presence is required the most. 

yes and no. He’s highly inconsistent 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Yep.  because most of the time we didn't play that way against top teams.  Just replying to your excuses for elite teams losing to bottom feeders.  

Really, they just got handled easily by two teams considered top teams.  It was always going to be the back 9 that showed what this team is made of.  They've got a lot of true measuring stick games ahead, that'll tell us a lot........so far those measuring games haven't gone well

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Again who’s said we suck?? lol. I guess some people aren’t really reading the posts. No one has said that.

It feels like the general pulse of the thread to me from the last page or two.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say that.  I know I've been consistent in thoughts all year.........this a good team with the prospect of being a great team, I just don't think they're there yet

That's why you play the game.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

It feels like the general pulse of the thread to me from the last page or two.

No, there's some people, like myself, who try to look at it objectively and a lot who only want to live in an echo chamber and shout down anyone with a different opinion

Just now, stawns said:

No, there's some people, like myself, who try to look at it objectively and a lot who only want to live in an echo chamber and shout down anyone with a different opinion

Well I guess I'm wrong then.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Except that's not the case at all when people like you and CanuckFanForLife82 are so much louder and pessimistic after losses than you are after wins. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's why you play the game.

It is, for sure.  But, some games are games you measure your team against.  These games against the top teams down the stretch are absolutely critical, more important for the Canucks than the rest combined

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Except that's not the case at all when people like you and CanuckFanForLife82 are so much louder and pessimistic after losses than you are after wins. 

When they win, I talk about the things they did well, but my opinion doesn't change.  You just don't like others whose opinion differs from yours........it's insecurity

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is laughable. Reeks of arrogance.

Your go to but it's not holding any water or validity.

Done here....not taking this bait any further.

Your take on the refs is enough to show a lack of objectivity and refusal to budge off a stance. They can be atrocious at times and I'm not sure why that's not registering, but I tried. Your campaign is tiresome. Bringing up MAGA should have shown me all I needed to know to opt out (again).

If the majority of people are an echo chamber to you, you might be missing something. Deaf ears may require some shouting. Maybe they all know something you don't.

Wow. I better go workout before I get banned.....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah I'd say we're not that far off before reaching that "I wish Alvin goes all in this season".  Getting there though 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Did you even watch yesterday’s game? They matched up well against them even dominated territorially at times.  Lack of finish on our part and a couple of brain farts cost us that game.  No way we were handled easily.  

They did, but Winnipeg was clearly playing rope a dope.  They kept Van to the outside most of the game...,....the Canucks weren't dangerous at all

8 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Did you even watch yesterday’s game? They matched up well against them even dominated territorially at times.  Lack of finish on our part and a couple of brain farts cost us that game.  No way we were handled easily.  

All those adjectives and adverbs thrown out there to make a point. But if they're untrue they do the opposite.

"Handled easily" really reveals a lot here to me. It's not the case at all.

So much gaslighting going on. Very ineffective way to convince people. Be realistic at least.

The game was a good one....had a playoff intensity to it. And no, our team was not handled easily....or even at all. They weren't at the receiving end without giving some back. Initiating a lot of it. There is no way that anyone should buy in to this crap that's being peddled here.

• Vintage 1