[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

It sounds like you're saying it's over. Fast forward to next year I guess.

I see what he’s saying about “all in” (I wouldn’t want us to trade Pods, Hogs, Lekkerimaki, Willander, Raty)  because we literally need cheap contracts in the lineup next year when we inevitably lose UFAs. 

But on the other hand, these next 30 games can teach this group a lot about playoff hockey.  Especially if we keep an open mind after we lose a few. Teams fighting for their playoff lives are also dangerous. No, it’s not exactly the same, but we’re going to get a crash course here.  

The last 2 seasons we’ve had zero pressure down the stretch.  Now we get a taste.  (I also think our core players showed very well in the bubble.. which gives me hope.)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

They didn't back down from the physical play, that's for sure.  However, I do think they let it get them off their game and lose focus and discipline 

Yep.  Lessons to be learned, for sure. 

It’s a fine line - and I’m hoping Tocchet and Foote know how to walk it. 

Edited by The Duke

Jets get no respect, all these "experts" picking the Oilers, Leafs or Canucks to win it for Canada. When push comes to shove, though, the Jets are a big, nasty team who can shut 'er down with the best goalie in the league. Great coaching too. Bringing in Monahan was a good move. IMO, they're the Canadian team to beat.

Allvin needs to make a move, 'cause this Canucks team right now isn't there yet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Glad I'm able to make you laugh... you should try it. It actually helps to be a jolly person. 

This team is on the best run so far of ANY CANUCKS TEAM IN HISTORY... let that sink in for a moment. THE BEST...

Once you've thought about that, maybe you can understand the frustrations of others with the constant whining, if they lose a game...

How did you survive the previous years, you watched the Canucks?

I have zero problems with folks and different view points, but I do enjoy the positivity on this forum, when the team is doing well...

And yes there are poster, who just appear, when the team is losing...

And yes as I said.... we don't that much of them, as the team is mostly winning just now. 

So laugh out loud, I know, I am... but I do it with joy over us having one heck of a season, how about you?

Well you don’t know people personally on here to be able to say they aren’t jolly. I am sure you would be shocked if you actually knew what people did and who they worked with for a living. Posting on this forum tells you nothing about who people are. Based on your response to me there is a lot I could say that about you that would not be responsible or kind but I choose not to because it’s a small

fragment of something so small.  I have no clue who you are or what you’re about and your posts tell me very little. It’s all perspective and we shouldn’t feel it’s ok to attack people personally because we don’t agree with their view, positive or negative.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it a red flag when folks say Canuck Fan in their name (Not you Canuck Fan) then do nothing but complain about players, seem to celebrate loses, and never have anything positive to say about the team. If our record was reversed so it was like Chicago, you could complain all you like. I'm not saying all is amazing in Canuckland. But it's pretty clear some so called Fans, don't seem to like the team very much. Which I find is odd.

It's ok to complain. But find something you like about the team and post it as well. Be it Joshua, Soucy, Lindholm, PDG, Juulsen. Hell if all you say is. I love the Black Skate jersey.  Or I miss the Flying V's. Or something wild like change the name to Spirit Bears. I'm sick of posters who only log on to gripe. Then when the team wins they disappear.

You can always go register as "OilersFan4Ever" on their forum and troll all 18 registered members (the trolls here are registered there as rabid Oilers fans) and follow up with FlamesFan4Ever and troll a slightly larger population there as well ... that is of course if you don't have anything better to do like washing the floor, giving your dog a bath or scheduling a root canal. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Jets get no respect, all these "experts" picking the Oilers, Leafs or Canucks to win it for Canada. When push comes to shove, though, the Jets are a big, nasty team who can shut 'er down with the best goalie in the league. Great coaching too. Bringing in Monahan was a good move. IMO, they're the Canadian team to beat.

Allvin needs to make a move, 'cause this Canucks team right now isn't there yet.

With Soucy and Joshua in the line up, things would've maybe looked even closer.

This team isn't anything yet....that's why they play the games. All of them.

But sure, our fans say we're not so let's just pack it in. Why even bother?

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You can always go register as "OilersFan4Ever" on their forum and troll all 18 registered members (the trolls here are registered there as rabid Oilers fans) and follow up with FlamesFan4Ever and troll a slightly larger population there ... that is of course if you don't have anything better to do like washing the floor, giving your dog a bath or scheduling a root canal. 

It's ok for people to have different opinions...... You don't need to insult and personally attack them

1 minute ago, stawns said:

It's ok for people to have different opinions...... You don't need to insult and personally attack them

Was I speaking to you, about you, for you or any other you - I have as much interest in debating your points as I would arguing with a coffee table. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coho8888 said:

Well we were missing 2 key muscle pieces last night.  I hate to make injuries as an excuse to why we lost but the Jets were fully healthy.  You don’t think Soucy and Joshua wouldn’t have made any difference?  I would love to get another Physical top 6 forward but I’m sure most of the other contending teams would too.

With all due respect - Unfortunately it is not relevant because either one or both of them were in the line up in all the losses we've had against the bigger/top teams like Tampa, N.Y. Rangers, Colorado, New Jersey, Dallas, Vegas, Boston and last night the Jets and they both play low minutes even when they are in the lineup.

What do all those teams have in common?   They are all the Top teams in the league - and WE CANNOT CONSISTENTLY BEAT THEM!  Why?  Mainly because they have more size, grit and gusto on their side - which we are still in the process of building and why I don't expect us to go far in the playoffs.  It will still take awhile for JR to find the missing pieces to hopefully get us all the way !

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree, it makes their argument they are trying to make hard to take seriously if they resort to well you aren’t agreeing with me and I don’t like what you said so you are miserable and lonely and aren’t jolly. What does that have to do with making a comment about how you didn’t like how they played? It just is immature and wreckless.

6 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Absolutly agree!   The best option is to "TRY" and unload secondary players like Mik, Blue-Gear, Aman, D-Guiseppe, anf the likes for other 2nd tier players but with size and grit beacuse those types of players we have are a dime a dozen and they may as well sacrafice the few points they get from guys like that for those other more lacking attributes - which this team is so desperatly in need of to make a push into the playoffs and we don't want to throw away more high picks because we'll need them down the road.

Another interesting point.......Remember - only 2 teams have ever won the cup - going back 45 years without a top three pick!  Just read this report from a few years ago to get a sobering fact check on the realities of playoff hockey!        https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/can-win-stanley-cup-without-top-3-draft-pick/

You know Blueger is 2 points behind Hogs right? And as snake bit as Mik is he's a point ahead of Hogs, and one behind Joshua.

I understand Mik doesn't favour well in the bang for buck category. But Blueger and Suter are pretty good play drivers.

PDG works hard, but doesn't cost a lot of cap either. He gets in on his own merits. Aman is centre depth, and he's only 24.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

In my mind this is the beauty of sports. We're in first place. We haven't won all the games but we've won more than anyone else. We lost a couple games to a couple good teams and sure we have some deficiencies. There is no shame in that. We're not going to all of the sudden turn into the 1980's Islanders but we do have the ability to work on our faults and we can beat anyone in this league if we do it right.

I really don't get the sky is falling attitude. We're miles ahead of where anone thought we'd be. Let's enjoy it and do the best we can.

Exactly. If someone had told me that in February we'd be cruising to a playoff spot I would've been ecstatic.

I've been saying if you flipped us and say Pittsburgh or Edmonton in the standings points/record wise, I don't think anyone would've been surprised.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

With Soucy and Joshua in the line up, things would've maybe looked even closer.

This team isn't anything yet....that's why they play the games. All of them.

But sure, our fans say we're not so let's just pack it in. Why even bother?

I'm just a bit salty, and it feels like their record is misleading. Petey has been a no-show in too many big games. He's supposed to be "the guy", but sometimes he still looks like a rookie. 

I agree that Joshua and Soucy would probably help. 

I'm hoping they trade out Mikheyev and Aman and get in Kessel and a big Top 6 forward.

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Was I speaking to you, about you, for you or any other you - I have as much interest in debating your points as I would arguing with a coffee table. 

Bit of a glimpse of what life with Ike turner here must be like

5 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

With all due respect - Unfortunately it is not relevant because either one or both of them were in the line up in all the losses we've had against the bigger/top teams like Tampa, N.Y. Rangers, Colorado, New Jersey, Dallas, Vegas, Boston and last night the Jets and they both play low minutes even when they are in the lineup.

What do all those teams have in common?   They are all the Top teams in the league - and WE CANNOT BEAT THEM!  Why?  Mainly because they have more size, grit and gusto on their side - which we are still in the process of building and why I don't expect us to go far in the playoffs.  It will still take awhile for JR to find the missing pieces to hopefully get us all the way!

Some valid points that are debateable either way. A PP that was working as well in the first half of the season, when it was in the top 3 or 4 if memory serves me correctly (if wrong I will be corrected within 3.4 seconds of hitting Submit Reply I am sure), would be a fantastic start. I believe the PP will correct itself as no team starts out clicking at 25% and stays there all season. 

I do believe PA / JR share some of the same views posted here ad nauseum and will import a player or two to add scoring / toughness / grit - at least I certainly hope so. If not, oh well, enjoy the ride - it will be fun.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Exactly. If someone had told me that in February we'd be cruising to a playoff spot I would've been ecstatic.

I've been saying if you flipped us and say Pittsburgh or Edmonton in the standings points/record wise, I don't think anyone would've been surprised.

I dont think anyone is talking regular season games at this point

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You can always go register as "OilersFan4Ever" on their forum and troll all 18 registered members (the trolls here are registered there as rabid Oilers fans) and follow up with FlamesFan4Ever and troll a slightly larger population there as well ... that is of course if you don't have anything better to do like washing the floor, giving your dog a bath or scheduling a root canal. 

Yeah I can't be bothered. I'd rather go to VGH and help Peter change his sheets on his hospital bed. I never understood trolling. I don't go to Harley Davidson youtube channels and say "Yesterday's technology with Tomorrow's Prices!". People like Harleys, enjoy. It's not my type of motorcycle. Each to their own. Doesn't effect me at all people buy them.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

This response is cringe. Just don’t respond. Your response shows you care. Pretending like you don’t is funny with this response.  I have noticed you only show up to attack peoples negative posts and insult them. Does it make you feel better to make personal attacks and hurt people?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I dont think anyone is talking regular season games at this point

Just like how I don't think anyone is taking you seriously at this point when you cry personal attacks whenever someone disagrees with your opinions. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What do all those teams have in common?   They are all the Top teams in the league - and WE CANNOT BEAT THEM!  Why?  Mainly because they have more size, grit and gusto on their side - which we are still in the process of building and why I don't expect us to go far in the playoffs.  It will still take awhile for JR to find the missing pieces to hopefully get us all the way!

We beat Tampa, NYR, Dallas, and NJ at least once and all rather handily in those wins.  When Soucy is in the lineup, our D is plenty big and tough.  Yes we could use a big forward or two but what team doesn’t?  I’m not prepared to predict what’s going to happen in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

The Jets are how many points behind us? They stink and they play in Winterpig. Second ugliest city in Canada next to Deadmonton. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bit of a glimpse of what life with Ike turner here must be like

This should be laminated as an example next to the definition of a TROLL ... thank you for the excellent sample of your mindset. 

Please engage with someone interested in chatting with you as I won't be, nor was I intending to at all but for some reason you attached yourself to my response.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1