[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Just like how I don't think anyone is taking you seriously at this point when you cry personal attacks whenever someone disagrees with your opinions. 

No, I call out personal attacks when people make personal attacks.  I'm all for differing opinions and good, objective discussion 

15 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well you don’t know people personally on here to be able to say they aren’t jolly. I am sure you would be shocked if you actually knew what people did and who they worked with for a living. Posting on this forum tells you nothing about who people are. Based on your response to me there is a lot I could say that about you that would not be responsible or kind but I choose not to because it’s a small

fragment of something so small.  I have no clue who you are or what you’re about and your posts tell me very little. It’s all perspective and we shouldn’t feel it’s ok to attack people personally because we don’t agree with their view, positive or negative.

Attack people... who exactly am I attacking here?

On the very contrary, I think, I being very kind and friendly to all the posters here. 

But since you ask me, which point is wrong in what I've said? 

the is the BEST SEASON EVER IN CANUCKS HISTORY so far, so why shouldn't I be happy, and futhermore which point is wrong with certain posters only appearing, when the team is losing?

And to that since we aren't losing much, We don't see much of those posters. 

In the end I could care less if folks wants to be unhappy about the team. Won't seay me in any way, shape or form. 

What I struggle to fathom is why people chose to be pissy, while the team in general is doing fabulous. 

It feels like, you think, I've singled you out?

Nothing could be further from the truth, but if you try to convince me, poster, who 9nly posts when the team is losing, are fans, then we disagree. 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Jets get no respect, all these "experts" picking the Oilers, Leafs or Canucks to win it for Canada. When push comes to shove, though, the Jets are a big, nasty team who can shut 'er down with the best goalie in the league. Great coaching too. Bringing in Monahan was a good move. IMO, they're the Canadian team to beat.

Allvin needs to make a move, 'cause this Canucks team right now isn't there yet.

Very well said and reality.  While we all are enjoying this season like we haven't for over a decade, experienced fans that have watched the playoffs for decadeS (notice the "S" at the end!) have a pretty good understnding of the realities of playoff hockey and understand that this team is still in a rebuilding mode and still lacking a few pieces.  Nothing wrong with that but putting on rose coloured glasses only leads to needless heartache in a couple of months.   So best to be realistic, practical and grounded. 

So, with that, let's enjoy the ride and JR's rebuilding of the franchise piece by piece and keep our fingers crossed that it leads us to progressing further and further each year as we move towards the ultimate goal!

So far things are looking much better than the past 13 years and we are finally moving forward and on the right track.   

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Just like how I don't think anyone is taking you seriously at this point when you cry personal attacks whenever someone disagrees with your opinions. 

With every loss fishing season opens and lines are cast. It’s fun to cut those lines. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You know Blueger is 2 points behind Hogs right? And as snake bit as Mik is he's a point ahead of Hogs, and one behind Joshua.

I understand Mik doesn't favour well in the bang for buck category. But Blueger and Suter are pretty good play drivers.

PDG works hard, but doesn't cost a lot of cap either. He gets in on his own merits. Aman is centre depth, and he's only 24.

Yes. I very well understand that!

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

This should be laminated as an example next to the definition of a TROLL ... thank you for the excellent sample of your mindset. 

Please engage with someone interested in chatting with you as I won't be, nor was I intending to at all but for some reason you attached yourself to my response.

Yeah, I've been on the Canucks board for over 20 years just to troll you.  Great observation ike

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Some valid points that are debateable either way. A PP that was working as well in the first half of the season, when it was in the top 3 or 4 if memory serves me correctly (if wrong I will be corrected within 3.4 seconds of hitting Submit Reply I am sure), would be a fantastic start. I believe the PP will correct itself as no team starts out clicking at 25% and stays there all season. 

I do believe PA / JR share some of the same views posted here ad nauseum and will import a player or two to add scoring / toughness / grit - at least I certainly hope so. If not, oh well, enjoy the ride - it will be fun.

Yep,  I'm really enjoying this season and the rebuild after 13 years of regression and stagnation - especially the last 7 years under the dark Jim Benning Era.  Things are finally looking up!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

In my mind this is the beauty of sports. We're in first place. We haven't won all the games but we've won more than anyone else. We lost a couple games to a couple good teams and sure we have some deficiencies. There is no shame in that. We're not going to all of the sudden turn into the 1980's Islanders but we do have the ability to work on our faults and we can beat anyone in this league if we do it right.

I really don't get the sky is falling attitude. We're miles ahead of where anone thought we'd be. Let's enjoy it and do the best we can.

I don’t get it either.  People here forget where we were last year at this time.  Barring a complete collapse, RT will win coach of the year, PA will win GM of the year and Huggy should win the Norris.  We went from 28th when Tocchet took over to first overall.  Our record isn’t just because of luck.  We deserve to be where we are.  Remains to be seen if we have what it takes to go far in the playoffs but I’m not about to predict a first round exit based on the results of a few games against some top teams even if they are teams we have had trouble with in the past.

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

With Soucy and Joshua in the line up, things would've maybe looked even closer.

This team isn't anything yet....that's why they play the games. All of them.

But sure, our fans say we're not so let's just pack it in. Why even bother?

I actually thought we looked like the better team for most of the night, we just ran into a goalie on a crazy heater and got a little carried away trying to beat them up. 

4-2 doesn’t mean they were twice as good as us.  Not even close.  We played pretty darn well, especially at 5v5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We all knew the Bruins and Jets were measuring games in the schedule. People were vocal about it for weeks. We fell short. People should at least be able to acknowledge that.

No one is saying we suck. No is saying we didn't play well or give it out all. We certainly had a much better game against Jets than we did the Bruins. Also the right level of intensity. There was a lot to like.

But the issue is that we failed to make statements against the Bruins and Jets as the #1 team. The expectations are getting higher.

Is it cause for concern? You can look at it two ways:

On the one hand, no, we're #1 in the league for a reason and we've beaten top teams. One or two games isn't anything to worry about.

On the other hand, the last two games can be red flagged since we as fans acknowledged they were two key benchmark teams that we measured ourselves against and fell short.

The fact that we didn't make statements as the #1 team is certainly disappointing at this time in the season. Especially since we are clearly the #1 team. 

The next two weeks give us an opportunity to assert ourselves and make those statements against the Avs, Bruins, and Kings. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

I don’t get it either.  People here forget where we were last year at this time.  Barring a complete collapse, RT will win coach of the year, PA will win GM of the year and Huggy should win the Norris.  We went from 28th when Tocchet took over to first overall.  Our record isn’t just because of luck.  We deserve to be where we are.  Remains to be seen if we have what it takes to go far in the playoffs but I’m not about to predict a first round exit based on the results of a few games against some top teams even if they are teams we have had trouble with in the past.

I don't see anyone predicting a first round exit........that said, winning the Pacific will go a long way to determining that.  They'd be in tough for a first round matchup with Vegas or Oilers

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, I've been on the Canucks board for over 20 years just to troll you.  Great observation ike

That is twice now you have likened me to a someone who beats women ... if I gave a shit, would report you but your life is so exciting you must troll here to get a rise out of people anyway you can so will let you have your little thrill as clearly is the highlight of your days.

Last time I will respond but I hazard a guess you will post about 24 more times to this particular thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Attack people... who exactly am I attacking here?

On the very contrary, I think, I being very kind and friendly to all the posters here. 

But since you ask me, which point is wrong in what I've said? 

the is the BEST SEASON EVER IN CANUCKS HISTORY so far, so why shouldn't I be happy, and futhermore which point is wrong with certain posters only appearing, when the team is losing?

And to that since we aren't losing much, We don't see much of those posters. 

In the end I could care less if folks wants to be unhappy about the team. Won't seay me in any way, shape or form. 

What I struggle to fathom is why people chose to be pissy, while the team in general is doing fabulous. 

It feels like, you think, I've singled you out?

Nothing could be further from the truth, but if you try to convince me, poster, who 9nly posts when the team is losing, are fans, then we disagree. 

What gives you the right to tell people they aren’t jolly people because they post something you don’t agree with? That is an attack. Sorry it just is.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't see anyone predicting a first round exit........that said, winning the Pacific will go a long way to determining that.  They'd be in tough for a first round matchup with Vegas or Oilers

Vegas or the Soilers would be in tough in a matchup with us. We have clearly the better core, and fewer and smaller holes in our lineup than both those clubs. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties for your unwarranted pessimism. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

That is twice now you have likened me to a someone who beats women ... if I gave a shit, would report you but your life is so exciting you must troll here to get a rise out of people anyway you can so will let you have your little thrill as clearly is the highlight of your days.

Last time I will respond but I hazard a guess you will post about 24 more times to this particular thread.

Yes no one should be referenced as an abuser because they were offended by previous comments. Let’s keep it hockey related I agree and move on.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

You're abusive here, so it stands to reason that that's part of your personality 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

We all knew the Bruins and Jets were measuring games in the schedule. People were vocal about it for weeks. We fell short. People should at least be able to acknowledge that.

No one is saying we suck. No is saying we didn't play well or give it out all. We certainly had a much better game against Jets than we did the Bruins. Also the right level of intensity. There was a lot to like.

But the issue is that we failed to make statements against the Bruins and Jets as the #1 team. The expectations are getting higher.

Is it cause for concern? You can look at it two ways:

On the one hand, no, we're #1 in the league for a reason and we've beaten top teams. One or two games isn't anything to worry about.

On the other hand, the last two games can be red flagged since we as fans acknowledged they were two key benchmark teams that we measured ourselves against and fell short.

The fact that we didn't make statements as the #1 team is certainly disappointing at this time in the season. Especially since we are clearly the #1 team. 

The next two weeks give us an opportunity to assert ourselves and make those statements against the Avs, Bruins, and Kings. 

Agree with this.  Someone (maybe even you?) posted recently we’re 3rd OA winning percentage against playoff teams - so it’s not like we just feast off the weak teams. 

We do need to beat a top team here - but with the parity in the league it likely wont be the 8-1 or whatever trouncing we gave Edmonton to start the season.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Vegas or the Soilers would be in tough in a matchup with us. We have clearly the better core, and fewer and smaller holes in our lineup than both those clubs. 
Bow 🙇 to the Empties for your unwarranted pessimism. 

Well Vegas has won the cup and the oilers in the conference finals 

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Very well said and reality.  While we all are enjoying this season like we haven't for over a decade, experienced fans that have watched the playoffs for decadeS (notice the "S" at the end!) have a pretty good understnding of the realities of playoff hockey and understand that this team is still in a rebuilding mode and still lacking a few pieces.  Nothing wrong with that but putting on rose coloured glasses only leads to needless heartache in a couple of months.   So best to be realistic, practical and grounded. 

So, with that, let's enjoy the ride and JR's rebuilding of the franchise piece by piece and keep our fingers crossed that it leads us to progressing further and further each year as we move towards the ultimate goal!

So far things are looking much better than the past 13 years and we are finally moving forward and on the right track.   

True!  Just have to look at the team a year ago and what a difference. The Canucks have definitely gotten better. Playoffs was the goal this year and it looks like they'll reach that goal. I suppose anything can happen once in the playoffs (injuries, hot/cold streaks, etc)

Seems like an all-in year, though. They traded the 1st and some good prospects to get Lindholm, and he could walk after this season. Still have to find a way to re-sign Petey, Lindholm, Blueger, Lafferty*, Joshua, Myers*, Hronek, Zadorov, Cole* and DeSmith.  Thinking they lose some of these players (* my guess).

• Like 1