[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

Canucks issues ...

First 2 lines need to be more consistent

The power play has to get going again

The NHL issue .... The Jets made a complete joke and mockery of the officials with their diving .... They road the officials hard and made them look reallllllly bad. First star of the game was Oscar who put on one helluva academy award performance

Pre playoffs I hope the NHL can educate the officials on how to eliminate Mr Oscar ..the extra man on the ice 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 Reasons we lost plain facts:

1. Jets are better than us. 

2. Our top 6 just decided to not play tonight. They were not a factor at all.

3. Team defense? Yeah not a thing tonight, even the Jets seemed surprised at some 

of the goals that went in. Goaltending also less than stellar.

The Refs were as much a thorn in the side to the Jets as they were to us. We. Sucked.

Our top 2 lines had zero cohesion and JT Miller is looking like the true Chaos Giraffe what

is he even doing? He gives away the puck so, so, so much. Then he has what I would call

a "Miller 2.0 is rebooting" moments right after he makes a mistake... he just has this 2-3 seconds

of just pausing and rebooting??? im not sure whats happening with him but hes trending the 

wrong way but so is the whole top 6. They have been flat for awhile now.

Oh and this is my LAST Jets game  I watch as they are always super boring and just awful.

The goalie ALWAYS gets in our heads and we ALWAYS sh*t the bed. The reffing is ALWAYS

bad for these games every single time. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Lol, why so negative? We took too many penalties, couldn't kill the penalties that didn't matter, and couldn't score on our power play.

I'd say we were better 5 on 5, but we're still sorting out our special teams and could have easily won this game. 

Not negative, just realistic.  I've seen this movie before, it never ends well.  If this team cannot find a leader who leads and bleeds for this team, and will do anything to win, including standing in front of the goalie and absorbing hit after hit to give his team a chance to score, or who just puts his head down and barrels to the net like an irresistable force, they will make the playoffs, but they won't last long.     

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Nux always have a hard time vs Jets. 

At least won't meet them until the conference final.  

Special teams needs work. 

Juuls really crapped the bed.  Live and learn. We don't have anyone better at the moment.  Soucy a few weeks away.  

Dakota could have made a difference.  He's weeks away too

Get focused and get back at it.  Another tight road trip ahead.  3 games in 4 nights. 

This is a big loss, our best line is out of commission until he returns. Need more consistency from Petey and Lindholm. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson can show up any time now. 

He's playing as good as he can without getting injured. We need to use our cap to sign a Sheiffle type player next year, not to resign Bambi.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

3 Reasons we lost plain facts:

1. Jets are better than us. 

2. Our top 6 just decided to not play tonight. They were not a factor at all.

3. Team defense? Yeah not a thing tonight, even the Jets seemed surprised at some 

of the goals that went in. Goaltending also less than stellar.

The Refs were as much a thorn in the side to the Jets as they were to us. We. Sucked.

Our top 2 lines had zero cohesion and JT Miller is looking like the true Chaos Giraffe what

is he even doing? He gives away the puck so, so, so much. Then he has what I would call

a "Miller 2.0 is rebooting" moments right after he makes a mistake... he just has this 2-3 seconds

of just pausing and rebooting??? im not sure whats happening with him but hes trending the 

wrong way but so is the whole top 6. They have been flat for awhile now.

Oh and this is my LAST Jets game  I watch as they are always super boring and just awful.

The goalie ALWAYS gets in our heads and we ALWAYS sh*t the bed. The reffing is ALWAYS

bad for these games every single time. 

Jets seem to have our number 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, coho8888 said:

Hmm, I’ve been following the team as long as you have.  I thought they played well.  Did not play down at all.  2 mistakes cost us dearly but in terms of total chances it was evenly matched.  We were physical almost to a fault.  I’m not blaming the loss on the reffing but it was god awful.  Instigator penalty almost never gets called and especially not one like that.  Can we be better? Certainly.  You could tell, both teams really got up for this one.  I cannot be too mad at their effort.  

It's not the effort, it's the finish, and not necessarily in terms of scoring.  Over the last 10 games or so, I've noticed a trend:  some players are admiring what they or others are doing.  This is not a good sign.  It shows that there isn't total commitment, and that there may be some passengers on this team now.  I would point to Boeser as one potential candidate, and even EP40.     

• Confused 1