[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Thing about Ron is this.

OK, you went at Burrows HARD. You picked a side....now live and die by it. Don't flounder like a floppy fish and try to jump on the bandwagon when he's the hot ticket item and a dragon slayer. Keep his name outta your mouth.

I hate people who flip flop. I mean, it's ok to change your mind but not when you so emphatically hate on someone like they're trash. Mean it. Back it up.

Same with Grapes....although I won't go there because both of them needed to be canned. One guy slithered through the cracks there. Spineless.

Exactly. Even if you're a piece of shit, at least stand by it! 😆

Which some on here are only too good at! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Our team needs to learn how the big bad Jets get calls.

We're on a pp, but they get away with murder because, well, our guys don't try to sell it. It's called having self respect.

428412304_10160772117855549_644845611790No puck here, just two guys sandwiching Petey.

428314174_10160772117880549_216409710675 Then taking him down totally out of the play. Nothing. Good job refs.

What is really impressive about the refs is their ability to blatantly ignore stuff that's literally happening right in front of them. Like this fun little 2 hander. Oh, and Petey's still being kept out of the play, but hey....Jets wanna win.

428458808_10160772117915549_811631673314

428340526_10160772117980549_550519143235

428293685_10160772118040549_308025646534

428403819_10160772118035549_905070855435

Refs get away with some really terrible bodies of work.

Lay off the refs, how do you know he didn't have his eyes closed for a full 30 seconds straight thus missed the entire play ....

😆

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I agree completely. 

Most refs are very challenged, to say the least. 

Look at Ron McLean. 

Total ass wipe, wannabe hockey player, shitty poser ref. 

award success GIF by Originals

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who has forgotten more about hockey than most of us will ever know

An American Hippie In Israel Reaction GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

A proud moment for his family and many in the community.  Hope he gets a game soon. AHL all star MVP.   He's earned it. 

I follow his sister online and it's really awesome to see how excited they are.

I wish him all the best....so awesome when local kids get a break and to play for the team they love.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've said it many times.  These are, literally, the best officials on the planet and there isn't some big pool of better ones to choose from.  And, I'd say this is the best officiating we've probably ever seen.......a lot of the people complaining either weren't alive, were too young or just didn't watch a lot of hockey way back........you want to talk about refs with personal vendettas

The officiating in the 80's was laughable.  By today's standards there were times where there more missed calls per shift than whole games now.  Old tape of players like Ken Linseman are amazing to watch to see what they got away with.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Lay off the refs, how do you know he didn't have his eyes closed for a full 30 seconds straight thus missed the entire play ....

😆

Full body standing meditation.....

• MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I follow his sister online and it's really awesome to see how excited they are.

I wish him all the best....so awesome when local kids get a break and to play for the team they love.

You see, that's an amazing story instead of some fricken' bs caused by "some," for God only knows what for.

And they never stop. Until we don't respond. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

The officiating in the 80's was laughable.  By today's standards there were times where there more missed calls per shift than whole games now.  Old tape of players like Ken Linseman are amazing to watch to see what they got away with.

But they also didn't know much about headshots/concussions, etc.

It's not that they are better....it's that there is more awareness and guidelines to follow.

It was a different game back then....

Guys smoked and drank in the dressing room too. More of a beer league feel than the game today.

But whataboutism isn't welcome (or so I thought....see: "double standards"). What about back then? Who cares?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's got decades making a living in pro hockey, is respected by some of the greatest players of all time.  You and I are just no names on a message board

I'm Rob Eh, One Of The Best To Always Do It

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

But they also didn't know much about headshots/concussions, etc.

It's not that they are better....it's that there is more awareness and guidelines to follow.

It was a different game back then....

Guys smoked and drank in the dressing room too. More of a beer league feel than the game today.

But whataboutism isn't welcome (or so I thought....see: "double standards"). What about back then? Who cares?

The person I was responding to who was speaking about past officiating

33 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Aman and PDG don’t offer the same skill set as Bains. Asking the team to go acquire scoring depth that fits the system while a few players in the AHL meet the mold is just ridiculous. Bains slotting into sheltered minutes with Aman in the press box will not cost us a game or two

Agreed. ABains offers a different, more polished skill set. This is the fourth line we’re talking about though. It’s prevention first.

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

I've said it many times.  These are, literally, the best officials on the planet and there isn't some big pool of better ones to choose from.  And, I'd say this is the best officiating we've probably ever seen.......a lot of the people complaining either weren't alive, were too young or just didn't watch a lot of hockey way back........you want to talk about refs with personal vendettas

WHL and BCHL are officiated better than the NHL.  There's a lot of refs in the NHL who simply refuse to themselves appropriately, and something needs to be done to start holding these dirtbags accountable.  

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thing about Ron is this.

OK, you went at Burrows HARD. You picked a side....now live and die by it. Don't flounder like a floppy fish and try to jump on the bandwagon when he's the hot ticket item and a dragon slayer. Keep his name outta your mouth.

I hate people who flip flop. I mean, it's ok to change your mind as part of learning but not to schmooze. Not when you've so emphatically hated on someone like they're trash. Mean it. Back it up.

Same with Grapes....although I won't go there because both of them needed to be canned. One guy slithered through the cracks there. Spineless, gutless.

As much as I love Juice, I kind of really hate that he's part of that clique now. I know he has to be professional but Ron deserves zero respect from anyone who's ever played for this team.

Juice is just having fun imo so I don't worry too much about it.

Ron showed his character with the burr incident and how he took getting berated by cherry for years.

Just now, Zimmyparttwo said:

Agreed. ABains offers a different, more polished skill set. This is the fourth line we’re talking about though. It’s prevention first.

Does it really need to be the 4th line? We have a bunch of guys that can play that role to give him some shifts on the 3rd or 2nd line for a couple games. We are team that tries to play balanced minutes.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No he's got decades on CBC.

I really don't go for that celebrity worship stuff (echo chamber). I mean Trump has his followers too from his days as a celebrity....means little in reference to his character. You can't use someone's popularity to decide they're a good person....we have sheeple out there who think anyone on TV is awesome.

Celebrity status due to viewership doesn't necessarily equate to "respectable".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Juice is just having fun imo so I don't worry too much about it.

Ron showed his character with the burr incident and how he took getting berated by cherry for years.

AND how he treated Don on his way out; the guy that made him! I don’t support most of Don’s shtick, but at least support your friend. He basically was a turn coat… a real pos.

• Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

WHL and BCHL are officiated better than the NHL.  There's a lot of refs in the NHL who simply refuse to themselves appropriately, and something needs to be done to start holding these dirtbags accountable.  

Haha, no they aren't.  Junior refs aren't far removed from upper level minor hockey.  

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I really don't go for that celebrity worship stuff (echo chamber). I mean Trump has his followers too from his days as a celebrity....means little in reference to his character. You can't use someone's popularity to decide they're a good person....we have sheeple out there who think anyone on TV is awesome.

Celebrity status due to viewership doesn't necessarily equate to "respectable".

Ron is familiar. Doesn't mean he's respected or actually good. I liked Tara a lot more as an interviewer.

• Cheers 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Being annoying

Finding him annoying is a different discussion, but to question his knowledge of and contribution to hockey is ridiculous.  The guy has literally spent his life in the world of NHL hockey.