[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

17 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Wonder if Tocchet is trying figure out how much he can rely on the 3rd pairing v top teams? 
Some how he has to find a way, to ease Hughes ice time, or he'll burn out...

I think it's just a matter of some video coaching for juuls there.  He played pretty well until then

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Truth.

Yeah, but it's not like the DPS can hand out fines AFTER the game is ov...Oh wait...yes they can (just ask Hogs)...

BUT...will they...

• Vintage 1

Just now, ABNuck said:

Yeah, but it's not like the DPS can hand out fines AFTER the game is ov...Oh wait...yes they can (just ask Hogs)...

BUT...will they...

There was nothing wrong with hit.  Hard and clean.......Lowry's a big boy and hits hard

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

I think it's just a matter of some video coaching for juuls there.  He played pretty well until then

He's been what the doctor ordered on the backend since Soucy went down. Really solid defensive dman. 
was actually surprised to see him score on the rush, as I though he'd get a nose bleed venturing too far over the blue line. 
To me he is the unsung hero of the season, and yes he will only improve with this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I've likely been cheering for the Canucks longer than most here have been alive.

So you're giving me permission to have an opinion?  Thats mighty kind of you and mord than a little weird that you felt the need to declare that publicly

So tell me then...what about the Canucks do you feel...in your opinion...are actually working well? I mean we are first after all, I'm not sure how much better we can be...

In the words of Commidus: "Are you not entertained"?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

There was nothing wrong with hit.  Hard and clean.......Lowry's a big boy and hits hard

Check out the rule called "Charging"...read the definition (HINT: it has to do with a player's feet leaving the ice when hitting an opponent)

Just now, spook007 said:

He's been what the doctor ordered on the backend since Soucy went down. Really solid defensive dman. 
was actually surprised to see him score on the rush, as I though he'd get a nose bleed venturing too far over the blue line. 
To me he is the unsung hero of the season, and yes he will only improve with this. 

He had an issue with focusing on a hit, rather than seeing the play developing behind the hit last year too.  

1 minute ago, ABNuck said:

So tell me then...what about the Canucks do you feel...in your opinion...are actually working well? I mean we are first after all, I'm not sure how much better we can be...

In the words of Commidus: "Are you not entertained"?

They're top of the league, lots of things are going well.  You jumped to that from someone saying a clean hit was a clean hit?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He had an issue with focusing on a hit, rather than seeing the play developing behind the hit last year too.  

Aye, but his general play has improved plenty fold this season. 
I didn't think, he'd make it last season... he has definitely improved. 

• MillerTime 1

Just now, stawns said:

They're top of the league, lots of things are going well.  You jumped to that from someone saying a clean hit was a clean hit?

No...referencing your earlier comment that I responded to...I just noticed you being a bit negative towards the team...felt I needed to defend them 😊

Just now, spook007 said:

Agreed, he has.  I was pretty sure he'd be in Van this year, he was Abby's best overall dman last season

• Cheers 1

Just now, ABNuck said:

No...referencing your earlier comment that I responded to...I just noticed you being a bit negative towards the team...felt I needed to defend them 😊

I'm not negative at all.  In fact when everyone here was crucifying them for the last two seasons, I was one of the very few saying they were a playoff team with a real coach 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

I'd have a review by the league and hand out suspensions like they do for head shots etc.

This.....

Blatant embellishment should be an automatic 1 game suspension... its embarrashing and it ruins the value of the game as being tough sport. 

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Juules has been a real bright spot. I can forgive the gaffe he absolutely layed him out. If he'd missed it would have been unforgivable. We lost the game but if we kept playing we would win the series. 

image.png.06f49e0c77ec5953a77726f08c2616d9.png

image.thumb.png.c319c7afb568d35ed782bc82abbef42f.png

We crushed them in just about every metric of predicting success. https://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2023020860 

what's that money ball quote Something like “Stats & tendencies will hold up over a 162 game season, but for one game, one at bat, you can throw statistics out the window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

This article is a good argument for developing AI refereeing as much as possible.

Yeah, we're a very long way away from that imo.

4 hours ago, BC_Hawk said:

Only person worse than Ron on HNIC was Cassy Campbell. I really like Jenn on the panel.

Yeah, Jenn is great. Some of the most knowledgeable and interesting commentary that is really detailed regarding positioning, and boxing out etc.

4 hours ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Yes, it needs to be fourth line.

There’s no world where he jumps the queue and bumps someone out of the top six. There’s a third line in place who are skilled, polished, play drivers any of whom would get votes for the teams unsung hero this year.

ABains will need to cut his teeth on the fourth line and there’s nothing to suggest he deserves a leg up on the incumbents there now. Maybe that time will come. I just don’t see it as now.

I don't know about that. Both Aman and Lafferty have not been strong the last little while. A lot of fans questioning how we should upgrade that 4th line.

1 minute ago, Hammertime said:

Juules has been a real bright spot. I can forgive the gaffe he absolutely layed him out. If he'd missed it would have been unforgivable. We lost the game but if we kept playing we would win the series. 

image.png.06f49e0c77ec5953a77726f08c2616d9.png

image.thumb.png.c319c7afb568d35ed782bc82abbef42f.png

We crushed them in just about every metric of predicting success. https://moneypuck.com/g.htm?id=2023020860 

what's that money ball quote Something like “Stats & tendencies will hold up over a 162 game season, but for one game, one at bat, you can throw statistics out the window.

Spot on Hammer...

I like, we are far more physical, than we used to be. Everybody buys into it and if a gaffe now and again is the consequence, so be it...

I said way back yesterday, that Juulsen was the problems v Peg, even though he was singled out. Hell, he even scored one of our two goals... a 6th-7th dman, and he is supposed to be the reason we lost?
The forward couldn't find a way through Hellenblablabla (can't spell his name), and that's where the dog was buried. 

We used to hear non stop stories about us only winning because of Demmer playing out of his skin, but all teams ride their goalies now and again. 

We are in a far better position than we've been in a long time...

• MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Spot on Hammer...

I like, we are far more physical, than we used to be. Everybody buys into it and if a gaffe now and again is the consequence, so be it...

I said way back yesterday, that Juulsen was the problems v Peg, even though he was singled out. Hell, he even scored one of our two goals... a 6th-7th dman, and he is supposed to be the reason we lost?
The forward couldn't find a way through Hellenblablabla (can't spell his name), and that's where the dog was buried. 

We used to hear non stop stories about us only winning because of Demmer playing out of his skin, but all teams ride their goalies now and again. 

We are in a far better position than we've been in a long time...

When Boeser and Mikheyev are your most consistant fwds on the night something went off the rails. On the plus side Boeser and Mikheyev were our best fwds hopefully they can build on this as they haven't been very good lately.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I do think bains and garland might have chemistry as they both think the game in a similar way and have complimentary skill sets.  I do also think he could fit with miller and boes as well.  He's an incredibly cerebral player with high skill and a great motor

Would be amazing, if he could be a fit with Miller and Boeser. 
Then they could slide Suter down the line up to replace Aman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Have to say the " can't hang with the big boys " narrative is so very lame and factually not even close to reality yet people feed into so easily.

Almost as bad as the suggested " measuring stick " or " statement games " people seem to think the Canucks get psyched up for then fail miserably.  Vancouver is near .610 winning percentage against those " statement game " opponents. 

The truth of it is, the Canucks were MAYBE supposed to push for a wild card spot if you asked anyone during the offseason. They have exploded this season under excellent coaching and management to the point they have expedited where they should be.

Enjoy the games, the success whether it be a division banner, President's trophy, or Playoff success. Dont take it for granted and nitpick game by game results or false narratives about this team's standing in the league.

The Canucks are playing .714 % winning hockey against the league, most teams are bringing their " A " games to try and beat our Canucks. The statement was made a long time ago.

Mic drops... well said. 
enjoy it while it lasts...

Outer Space Yes GIF by NASA

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I do think bains and garland might have chemistry as they both think the game in a similar way and have complimentary skill sets.  I do also think he could fit with miller and boes as well.  He's an incredibly cerebral player with high skill and a great motor

IMO Bains is probably the purest playmaker we have in the system. We need to pair him with a sniper maybe he finds chem with Hogs on our 4th.

image.thumb.png.776d6a544220eb25ff360e1671fc62f7.png

Bains Suter Hoglander could feast on weak matchups. Imagine our bottom 6 with the life line just shredding teams that are top heavy. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I agree with that article......for better or worse, refs are human and each one is going to interpret every play differently.  There's no escaping that fact.  The only solution would be AI reffing, but would probably be a decade off and do we really want a game where every infraction is called?  That would be unwatchable

Happening in Football (soccer) now, and its a total pain in the butt...

The amount of stopage for VAR to determine if there was a toenail off side, was the tackle clean, did it touch his arm etc etc... is taking the fun out of watching the game. Some of it, is not in the spirit of the game. 
I do, however welcome retrospective punishment, for embellishment in particular. 
It can be almost impossible for the game refs to determine if an elbow or a stick has touch the face, when the head snaps back... those clear embellishments should be worthy of a suspension (a game). 
Its totally against the spirit of the game... 

• Cheers 1