[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

6 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

IMO Bains is probably the purest playmaker we have in the system. We need to pair him with a sniper maybe he finds chem with Hogs on our 4th.

image.thumb.png.776d6a544220eb25ff360e1671fc62f7.png

Bains Suter Hoglander could feast on weak matchups. Imagine our bottom 6 with the life line just shredding teams that are top heavy. 

Then we are still short of a winger to play with either Petey or Miller.. unless they keep Mika on the 3rd line, then we are short of two...

Do like the idea though, two strong bottom lines. Maybe Podz instead of Hogs?

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Wonder if Tocchet is trying figure out how much he can rely on the 3rd pairing v top teams? 
Some how he has to find a way, to ease Hughes ice time, or he'll burn out...

If that was the issue he should’ve had a better plan.  He should just had Hughes and Hronek against the top line considering that was the only line getting points.

The canucks dont feel the same, ever since the allstar break, i dunno if its just me or others see the samething? they were on fire before the allstar break now they look like a different team, but not for the good? maybe its just the PP being horrid, i dunno...just feels the team seems different

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Then we are still short of a winger to play with either Petey or Miller.. unless they keep Mika on the 3rd line, then we are short of two...

Do like the idea though, two strong bottom lines. Maybe Podz instead of Hogs?

I think it would be pre emptive to move Bains onto our top line w Miller. Im a huge Bains fan but Millers line is playing matchups against the cream of the NHL. 

PDG Miller Brock 

Lafferty Pete Lindholm

Dak Blueger Garland

Bains Suter Hoglander

Lafferty worked well with Pete Infact Pete has played his best hockey this season with Lafferty. PDG play'd well and had Chem with Miller Brock early he's like Tanner Pearson on the wall. Honestly it's gonna seem like a have a hate on for Mikheyev he's fine but he just sucks the offence out of every line he plays on. And if he won't hit or block shots he barely pk's so he's 13th FWD in my book. A damn good one. He has to out play Lafferty and by that I don't mean he has to out  produce Lafferty. Pete Lindholm need to produce more and get scored on less with Mik than they do with Lafferty. If Mik has a hope of carving out a role hopefully Garland can get him going while Daks out. He played well against the Jets. So that's a start. If he can take the spot next to Pete that might free up Suter to Play with Miller which I thought was fire. 

I don't want to disrupt Pods. He is really cooking nicely in Abby. His confidence looked shot before he was sent down. I'd like to see him lead the charge on the farm playing big mins in all situations. Benning bros kinda screw'd his development he's finally looking on track. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Cheers 1

I don’t get it guys. I guess the team is never supposed to lose. Every team loses. It happens. It’s how they react we should judge them on. This whole fan base went from praying for a playoff spot to tweaking when they get a loss and remain in 1st in the league. Let’s relax. This is why the rest of the league thinks this fan base is horrible. Apparently rightly so. Chill.

Edited by ManbeastMARK
  • Cheers 5

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I think it would be pre emptive to move Bains onto our top line w Miller. Im a huge Bains fan but Millers line is playing matchups against the cream of the NHL. 

PDG Miller Brock 

Lafferty Pete Lindholm

Dak Blueger Garland

Bains Suter Hoglander

Lafferty worked well with Pete Infact Pete has played his best hockey this season with Lafferty. PDG play'd well and had Chem with Miller Brock early he's like Tanner Pearson on the wall. Honestly it's gonna seem like a have a hate on for Mikheyev he's fine but he just sucks the offence out of every line he plays on. And if he won't hit or block shots he barely pk's so he's 13th FWD in my book. A damn good one. He has to out play Lafferty and by that I don't mean he has to out  produce Lafferty. Pete Lindholm need to produce more and get scored on less with Mik than they do with Lafferty. If Mik has a hope of carving out a role hopefully Garland can get him going while Daks out. He played well against the Jets. So that's a start. If he can take the spot next to Pete that might free up Suter to Play with Miller which I thought was fire. 

I don't want to disrupt Pods. He is really cooking nicely in Abby. His confidence looked shot before he was sent down. I'd like to see him lead the charge on the farm playing big mins in all situations. Benning bros kinda screw'd his development he's finally looking on track. 

Good way to win it all.2 AHL players in top 6.Oh maybe Pettersson play like shit?Or with himself.

3 hours ago, Viper007 said:

If that was the issue he should’ve had a better plan.  He should just had Hughes and Hronek against the top line considering that was the only line getting points.

Well yes and no... he might have wanted Hughes to feast on the lesser opposition?

Regardless, he needs to find ways to lower Hughes minutes...

And that means other players playing more. This was a learning experience for both Juulsen and maybe Tocchet as well. 
They need to know, if Juulsen is up to the task or not. Just like Myers. 
Their top line got the first 2 goals on the PP with Hronek on the ice, I believe. 
He could have matched Hronek/Hughes but  if the reason was to test the other players I think its ok. Pegs play a heavy game, and maybe he doesn't want Hughes to be crushed constantly? I don't know, it was just a thought.

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

PDG Miller Brock 

Lafferty Pete Lindholm

Dak Blueger Garland

Bains Suter Hoglander

Yes Mika is a black hole just now. 
If we can get PDG and Lafferty to play ok'ish with Miller and petey, yes we would have a great 4th line. 
I'm just slightly concerned about taking Hogs away from Peteys line, cause he is everything you want from a winger on Peteys line (apart from size). Fast, tenacious, fearless, scores...

But yes if Bains can transition seemlessly, it could be a real treat to have a bottom 6 of 

Dak, Bluger, Garland

Bains, Suter, Hogs

I still hope they find a way to get a better support player to either millers or Peteys line. PDG got his a** handed to him by Lowry. 
This team is just a Torres type player (- suspensions) away from being ready for the playoffs. 
They are ready, but it would fill me with more confidence. 
Who knows maybe Hotdog will be in the mix as well....

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Me too. She's not afraid to go against the grain and seems very honest in her analysis.

Along with Juice, they add some credibility to the ship of fools.

I think Brant would love that expression “Credibility to the ship of fools” 

5 hours ago, ManbeastMARK said:

I don’t get it guys. I guess the team is never supposed to lose. Every team loses. It happens. It’s how they react we should judge them on. This whole fan base went from praying for a playoff spot to tweaking when they get a loss and remain in 1st in the league. Let’s relax. This is why the rest of the league thinks this fan base is horrible. Apparently rightly so. Chill.

Who is panicking?  No one, that's who.  People are discussing differing opinions on a discussion board.  Some people just dnt like when people have opinions that are different than theirs

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, stawns said:

If DJ is out for awhile, I think we'll see podz up for part of it.......though I don't think podz and bains would get the same line assignment, podz is much more likely to get 4th line duty, imo

Issue with bring Podz up, is he's awfully close to the waiver eligible wire.   Teams got to play that smart.    Do think he's got the goods to play a full attack board game, and that if anyone can get the best from him it's Tochett.   A year older then Bruce stuff.   Came into camp with the NHL in mind.    Glad they brought Bain's up.    Shows that they are willing to reward players too.   

Think he's part of the plan for sure still,  playoff depth at least.   

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Issue with bring Podz up, is he's awfully close to the waiver eligible wire.   Teams got to play that smart.    Do think he's got the goods to play a full attack board game, and that if anyone can get the best from him it's Tochett.   A year older then Bruce stuff.   Came into camp with the NHL in mind.    Glad they brought Bain's up.    Shows that they are willing to reward players too.   

Think he's part of the plan for sure still,  playoff depth at least.   

He's having a pretty solid year in Abby this season and his playmaking skills are very underrated.  I think he could fit on anywhere.......is he an endless motor kind of player, I don't think so, but he's an upgrade on boes in that dept if you ask me

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes Mika is a black hole just now. 
If we can get PDG and Lafferty to play ok'ish with Miller and petey, yes we would have a great 4th line. 
I'm just slightly concerned about taking Hogs away from Peteys line, cause he is everything you want from a winger on Peteys line (apart from size). Fast, tenacious, fearless, scores...

But yes if Bains can transition seemlessly, it could be a real treat to have a bottom 6 of 

Dak, Bluger, Garland

Bains, Suter, Hogs

I still hope they find a way to get a better support player to either millers or Peteys line. PDG got his a** handed to him by Lowry. 
This team is just a Torres type player (- suspensions) away from being ready for the playoffs. 
They are ready, but it would fill me with more confidence. 
Who knows maybe Hotdog will be in the mix as well....

I actually thought mik had a great game against win and fit that line pretty well

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

I actually thought mik had a great game against win and fit that line pretty well

He was ok, but he is so cold in front of the net, he makes Hansen look like patty Kane... Totally snake bitten

He is a good defensive player with wheels, but $5M cap hit, expect more... 

If he can't find the back of the net, I'd rather they spend his money on a more hard nosed forward... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• -dlc- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, spook007 said:

He was ok, but he is so cold in front of the net, he makes Hansen look like patty Kane... Totally snake bitten

He is a good defensive player with wheels, but $5M cap hit, expect more... 

If he can't find the back of the net, I'd rather they spend his money on a more hard nosed forward... 

He is for now, for whatever reason, but we do know he can score

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Wrong. Again.

Came from across the ice/several strides then launched at him with both skates off the ground. No disputing there was everything wrong with this hit and if Myers had doled it he'd be sitting for several games. Trying to justify this is just foolish. Unless you're a Jets fan? Hmmm.

428635244_10160772944145549_652870364274

428627338_10160772944120549_417205387384

It's a great example of ref inconsistency. This is ok but both Myers and hogs were not?

And before @Gawdzukes accuses me of wearing a tin foil hat, even without any kind of ref bias, the inconsistency is glaring.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's a great example of ref inconsistency. This is ok but both Myers and hogs were? 

And before @Gawdzukes accuses me of wearing a tin foil hat, even without any kind of ref bias, the inconsistency is glaring.

Some people just don't like when people have opinions that are different than theirs and will argue against the grain....even when there's evidence proving them wrong.They'll post a silly meme to glance over the evidence.

Lowry's hit was brutal but our guys don't lie on the ice writhing in pain like they're dead. Gotta take a page out of Pionk's book.

If this hit was deemed clean, then for sure Hoggy's and Myer's hits were clean. It matters...changes the momentum and face of a game. But yes, our pp has to capitalize and didn't so that's where they should focus. We're not going to get the calls....refs are idiots. But learn to maximize the ones we do get. 

Jets are dirty, phoney bastards who get away with stuff and it gives them an edge. Their performances to sell calls to the refs is embarrassing and refs buying in....even more so. No self respect (or for the game) in that stuff. It makes the league look bush league when they officiate a game this way.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

Some people just don't like when people have opinions that are different than theirs and will argue against the grain....even when there's evidence proving them wrong.They'll post a silly meme to glance over the evidence.

Lowry's hit was brutal but our guys don't lie on the ice writhing in pain like they're dead. Gotta take a page out of Pionk's book.

We have to be better than poink and that other aging diver.

PDG standing up against Lowry was ballsy. I bet the bench appreciates it.

If you want the truth of the game, just listen to Myers not stawns.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

He is for now, for whatever reason, but we do know he can score

Again true, but how long do they wait? at paly offs time, you want your star players to play like stars.

Next year we have $2M less to paly with, and the year after $5M less... don't really have room for passengers...

And I like Mika and what he brings to the table. If he starts to finish plays again, he'll be back on the top line with Petey, but even Tocchet has demoted him now.

I think, seeing how PDG got handled by Lowry suggests, we need a tougher forward, who can play as well. Miller and DAK are the only once, and DAK isn't even that fantastic at it neither... 

I haven't seen anything bar a few goal highlight of Bains, but from the boys, who watches him regularly. yourself included, he seems able to take a spot on the bottom line at least. Thus we should be able to get a low cost Forward in who can play a hardnosed style of hockey, without selling the farm...

Get Bains or new boy into the top six, Suter down to centre the bottom line and then tweak the remaining forwards to accommodate PDG or Aman in the press box or waived/traded.

We are capable to play against any team, but do have a hard time v heavy teams. I don't want Petey, Garland, Hogs or Hughes to fend for themselves out there.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We have to be better than poink and that other aging diver.

PDG standing up against Lowry was ballsy. I bet the bench appreciates it.

If you want the truth of the game, just listen to Myers not stawns.

Of course the bench appreciates it, no one has ever not appreciated a player standing up for another player, I said so at the time.  It's one of the reasons I took that role myself 

It doesn't mean it was a smart or right decision, it wasn't and it cost them.  Take the number and settle it later and avoid the instigator........that's truly the code of days gone by.  You take the number 

Edited by stawns
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1