[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Some people just don't like when people have opinions that are different than theirs and will argue against the grain....even when there's evidence proving them wrong.They'll post a silly meme to glance over the evidence.

Lowry's hit was brutal but our guys don't lie on the ice writhing in pain like they're dead. Gotta take a page out of Pionk's book.

If this hit was deemed clean, then for sure Hoggy's and Myer's hits were clean. It matters...changes the momentum and face of a game. But yes, our pp has to capitalize and didn't so that's where they should focus. We're not going to get the calls....refs are idiots. But learn to maximize the ones we do get. 

Jets are dirty, phoney bastards who get away with stuff and it gives them an edge. Their performances to sell calls to the refs is embarrassing and refs buying in....even more so.

If they are doing their job properly, the review (every game is reviewed) should come with some consequences to the Jets for this.   

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

Just now, stawns said:

Of course the bench appreciates it, no one has ever not appreciated a player standing up for another player, I said so at the time.  It's one of the reasons I took that role myself 

It doesn't mean it was a smart or right decision, it wasn't and it cost them.  Take the number and settle it later and avoid the instigator........that's truly the code of data gone by.  You take the number 

And sometimes guys step up in the moment. Particularly on a hit that dangerous.

Take a number. Wait. Play it cautiously. Sounds like Travis Green hockey.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

If they are doing their job properly, the review (every game is reviewed) should come with some consequences to the Jets for this.   

I wouldn't be adverse for a system of fines for embellishment after the fact.  However, you would have only seen one in that game against Winnipeg imo, and it was called on ice

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That's how it was done in the toughest eras of hockey.....did you not watch hockey back then?

You certainly didn't do it in a tie hockey game, you waited until it didnt affect the outcome of the game.  That's how you got benched back then........handing out justice and affecting the outcome of the game, which is primary thing, no?

That's one of my only complaints about the no enforcer era........you put that responsibility on players who don't know how and when you do it

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's how it was done in the toughest eras of hockey.....did you not watch hockey back then?

You certainly didn't do it in a tie hockey game, you waited until it didnt affect the outcome of the game.  That's how you got benched back then........handing out justice and affecting the outcome of the game, which is primary thing, no?

That's one of my only complaints about the no enforcer era........you put that responsibility on players who don't know how and when you do it

We're not in that era anymore.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's never the Canucks doing it right....ever. For some.

I'm glad PDG did what he did. I'm sad the refs suck so badly that teams can headhunt our guys but we can't go back at them.

It's a poor state of affairs, despite people thinking it's better than it was in 1960.

No one should be justifying this shitshow. It's dangerous to allow Lowry off the hook for this...next one might really do some damage. Again...it may be Myers or Big Z who dole one of these...are they getting a free pass too?

But let's go back to Bure to somehow try to do so (justify stuff). What about(ism). 

Pathetic.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

11 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Again true, but how long do they wait? at paly offs time, you want your star players to play like stars.

Next year we have $2M less to paly with, and the year after $5M less... don't really have room for passengers...

And I like Mika and what he brings to the table. If he starts to finish plays again, he'll be back on the top line with Petey, but even Tocchet has demoted him now.

I think, seeing how PDG got handled by Lowry suggests, we need a tougher forward, who can play as well. Miller and DAK are the only once, and DAK isn't even that fantastic at it neither... 

I haven't seen anything bar a few goal highlight of Bains, but from the boys, who watches him regularly. yourself included, he seems able to take a spot on the bottom line at least. Thus we should be able to get a low cost Forward in who can play a hardnosed style of hockey, without selling the farm...

Get Bains or new boy into the top six, Suter down to centre the bottom line and then tweak the remaining forwards to accommodate PDG or Aman in the press box or waived/traded.

We are capable to play against any team, but do have a hard time v heavy teams. I don't want Petey, Garland, Hogs or Hughes to fend for themselves out there.

Hrs on the team, you wait as long as it takes.......hex not hurting the team and they don't have anyone better.  They're not going to sit him, imo

Just now, -dlc- said:

It's never the Canucks doing it right....ever.

I'm glad PDG did what he did. I'm sad the refs suck so badly that teams can headhunt our guys but we can't go back at them.

It's a poor state of affairs, despite people thinking it's better than it was in 1960.

No one should be justify this shitshow. It's dangerous to allow Lowry off the hook for this...next one might really do some damage. Again...it may be Myers or Big Z who dole one of these...are they getting a free pass too?

But let's go back to Bure to somehow try to do so (justify stuff). What about(ism).

I like the pack mentality of our guys reacting in the moment for each other.

Sure it might cost you a game or two over the course of a season, but it's worth it to be a team that plays the way we do now.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't be adverse for a system of fines for embellishment after the fact.  However, you would have only seen one in that game against Winnipeg imo, and it was called on ice

You may not have seen it, but perhaps you weren't watching. Many others did.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I like the pack mentality of our guys reacting in the moment for each other.

Sure it might cost you a game or two over the course of a season, but it's worth it to be a team that plays the way we do now.

I much prefer that than no response. It's showing a true team unity and these guys go to bat for one another. They don't just skate away shaking their heads.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We're not in that era anymore.

Right and it burned them.  It doesn't matter what era youre in, you don't affect the outcome of a game that way.  And that's not even mentioning the question of "are you going to fight after every clean hit?"

Just now, -dlc- said:

I much prefer that than no response. It's showing a true team unity and these guys go to bat for one another. They don't just skate away shaking their heads.

Or just skate by... You know who.

I just go back to Myers post game. Imagine how frustrated he must be.

• Cheers 1

Right and it burned them.  It doesn't matter what era youre in, you don't affect the outcome of a game that way.  And that's not even mentioning the question of "are you going to fight after every clean hit?"

So what? Did it cost them the cup?

Green is gone, maybe you need to catch up.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Or just skate by... You know who.

I just go back to Myers post game. Imagine how frustrated he must be.

I can't imagine how he feels...knowing he can't play the same game as some others.

It's all wrong.

When guys like Myers and Imac start speaking out....you know it's building. Something's got to be done to address the piss poor officiating. This is where the Jets need a pregame Auger skate to tell them what's up. And subsequent follow through.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

That doesn't even make sense........you're really struggling lately 

You prefer greens version of coaching, you've said it many times.

As far as struggling goes, you've been proven to be wrong on this game and yet you dig in. Listen to Ron.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

You prefer greens version of coaching, you've said it many times.

As far as struggling goes, you've been proven to be wrong on this game and yet you dig in. Listen to Ron.

I like Tocchets style as well, they're very similar.

Youre like a sock account for yappy Chihuahua, an enabler.  

• Huggy Bear 1

I like Tocchets style as well, they're very similar.

Youre like a sock account for yappy Chihuahua, an enabler.  

Ok Yawns.

Like I've said before, your posting is worth reading to know what's not happening.

Maybe, but given the contract, I doubt it

Probably not, but it still doesn't change the fact he is a black hole just now finishing wise.

New boy/Hogs - Petey - Lindholm

Bains - Miller - Boeser

Dak (Lafferty) - Bluger - Garland

Mika - Suter - New boy/Hogs...