[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

At 4:00?

Had to do a double take on that one. Why is Boston being given an advantage when we’re the home team?

What a joke. My flights are good and I’m ok with going to a game at that time but that pisses me off, I thought the only did that for TO and Montreal, still no one should be favoured 

• Cheers 1

We need Petey to step up against the big teams in a big way.

Its all fun and games when he can collect points against the average to weaker teams, but can't get it done yet when we need him against the big teams.

He needs to show up. He shows up for a game or two and disappears again for the next few. His consistency is lacking. 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ngoway said:

I'd much rather our team struggle against the best teams now to get their act together, than just fall short in the playoffs. Our team was much better today than we were against Boston and Vegas, so at least they're getting better in my eyes.

The good thing is management still has time to evaluate and add before the deadline.

Pretty obvious we need some size up front. Someone that can park themselves in front of a goalie and drive them crazy.

Games like tonight are how the games are played in the playoffs. Need guys that make a living getting greasy ones in front of the net.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hockey God said:

And what will be the next excuse when they next lose:  poor reffing, bad ice, bad coaching, poor game management ....  The season is basically three-quarters done, the players have got to man up.  You can't tell me that the coaches haven't been practicing special teams for most if not all of the practice time since the start of the season.  These players have got to put up now, and show they want to win.  I said in another topic that this is probably the end of the EP40 era in Vancouver, because he thinks highly of his value while the results don't show the same value on the ice.  Right now, management would be foolish to reward what he is doing.  I hope that the braintrust sees what I see, and makes a few more adjustments/additions.         

I don't see them as excuses, nor am I making them for the team. I'd much rather they learn these lessons and apply them for the playoffs.

If we fall short then, then that's on them. I'd rather just not over analyze everything they do and spin it as a negative. We do this so often in Canadian markets. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

We need Petey to step up against the big teams in a big way.

Its all fun and games when he can collect points against the average to weaker teams, but can't get it done yet when we need him against the big teams.

He needs to show up. He shows up for a game or two and disappears again for the next few. His consistency is lacking. 

Oh Petey we’re all watching you contract boy 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The good thing is management still has time to evaluate and add before the deadline.

Pretty obvious we need some size up front. Someone that can park themselves in front of a goalie and drive them crazy.

Games like tonight are how the games are played in the playoffs. Need guys that make a living getting greasy ones in front of the net.

Bjugstad please. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Mikheyev is a player the team could lose and be better for. 

Yeah, it's obvious. I have to imagine Rick will ask for a more battle-tested winger in his place. 

Edited by Jack Fig
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

Most for he core did perform well in the COVID cup.  

We'll have to wait and see if they still can play well this yr.   Plenty of games left to get better.  

Plenty of games against teams like Avs, Wild, Kraken Kings Vegas, Jets Oilers Stars, plenty of good tests

Just now, coho8888 said:

This is why I cut them some slack:

IMG_6736.png

Yes, that looks nice, but I've seen the Canucks at #1 during the regular season before, and I'm still waiting for our first Stanley Cup to celebrate ... right now, the '94 team, warts and all, had more heart and soul than this team has, especially in the respective top 6s.  The '94 team may not have been able to outscore this version, but when they needed to, they manned up and laid everything on the ice.  That's what got them one goal post away from forcing overtime on the road in game 7 against the Rangers, and what this team lacks.     

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Oh Petey we’re all watching you contract boy 

I love Petey, I really do. I just don’t know if he is built to put a team on his back. He might not have the mental strength to be able to handle a market like Vancouver. I think if there is one complaint about the management about our top

6 is that they haven’t really

signed or traded for players that have that nastiness or bite to their game. I don’t see teams scared to play us. We are pretty small and play fragile.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I don't see them as excuses, nor am I making them for the team. I'd much rather they learn these lessons and apply them for the playoffs.

If we fall short then, then that's on them. I'd rather just not over analyze everything they do and spin it as a negative. We do this so often in Canadian markets. 

If they can't do it now, you have to think they won't know how to do it when everything gets 100 times tougher in the playoffs.  I think management knows this, which is a good thing.

Edited by Hockey God

22 minutes ago, Qwags said:

None of the bad calls matter if the special teams don't let them. Special teams have been struggling lately, especially the PP.

PK can only do so much. Sometimes PP scores (well, for some teams)

Bad calls/missed calls led to Jets' first two.

Better refs, or better Canuck PP, and this game should go to OT.

Entertaining game, at least.