[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love Petey, I really do. I just don’t know if he is built to put a team in his back. He might not have the mental strength to be able to handle a market like Vancouver. I think if there is one complaint about the management about our top

6 is that they haven’t really

Signed or traded for players that have that nastiness or bite to their game. I don’t see teams scared to play us. We are pretty small and play fragile.

I think you're lying.  If memory serves me you badmouth him any chance you get.

After every game the team loses, the Petey whiners all line up to complain.

How many points did Hughes get this game?  How many points did Miller?  How many goals did Boeser?  How many goals Hoglander?  How many goals Lindholm?

Those who think we can trade Pettersson or be stupid enough not sign him and the team will improve are delusional.

Well wake up bozos... you won't get an equal return in any trade.

100 pt players are not a dime a dozen in the NHL, they are rare and tough to find.  When you have one, you keep them... when you don't, you try to trade for one but most of the time no one tradest them.

Pettersson is not perfect, but neither are most of the 100 point guys around right now.  (exception Crosby in the past and Kucherov in the present)

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

If they can't do it now, you have to think they won't know how to do it when everything gets 100 times tougher in the playoffs.  I think management knows this, which is a good thing.

Agreed playoffs is a different game. But regular season lessons go a long way, and the team is definitely needing to learn that.

The team was not good against Vegas, and not good against Boston. The team as a whole today was good if not for the special teams. I'm not happy we lost, but I am seeing progress which is why I'd rather just not harp on them.

Edited by ngoway
  • Cheers 2

Juulsen kinda fell back to his old ways when things got heated, and that's something he needs to be mindful of going forward.  He has had a fantastic season overall and was rewarded with his first goal as a Canuck, but I'm sure he feels bad about overcommitting to the body. 

image.png.170f1b174c61ecc8bd86d311f5384f70.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The good thing is management still has time to evaluate and add before the deadline.

Pretty obvious we need some size up front. Someone that can park themselves in front of a goalie and drive them crazy.

Games like tonight are how the games are played in the playoffs. Need guys that make a living getting greasy ones in front of the net.

Definitely, the team is close, and they played well (aside from special teams). We definitely needed some greasy goals tonight with the way the Jets and Hellebuyck play

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Fully invested in Jonathan after this After Hours segment. 

Have a totally different read on him now. 

Full support. Non stop. Period. 

That was a great interview. He's so smart and well spoken. They didn't hold back on a few of those questions. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

No we don’t have a Linden.  Plus, the game is different now than in 94.  I will reserve judgement until I see this team and system in the playoffs.   I had a chat with Gary Monahan this afternoon (remember him?).  And he couldn’t stop gushing over this team.  I get the skepticism.  It comes from being a long time Canuck fan but I can’t project every loss they have for the rest of season as a sign of doom and gloom.  

Yes, he's got to be in his 70s now.  Don't get me wrong on being negative:  I just think it's time to call out what is beign seen on the ice.  Another sport, but it's like saying LeBron is the best basketball player ever.  Not even close.  No one who plays shoddy defense, is a poor free throw shooter, flops on the floor, and plays only one end of the court can ever be the best.  He fails the eye test in a few key areas.  This team is the same:  no team that fails to win puck battles, take periods and entire games off, has players seemingly uninterested in being consistent scorers, and which cannot support its goaltender when shorthanded will succeed in the playoffs.      

Edited by Hockey God

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

How many points did Hughes get this game?  How many points did Miller?  How many goals did Boeser?  How many goals Hoglander?  How many goals Lindholm?

Those who think we can trade Pettersson or be stupid enough not sign him and the team will improve are delusional.

100 pt players are not a dime a dozen in the NHL, they are rare and tough to find.  When you have one, you keep them... when you don't, you try to trade for one but most of the time no one tradest them.

Pettersson is not perfect, but neither are most of the 100 point guys around right now.  (exception Crosby in the past and Kucherov in the present)

I agree that trading Pettersson is not going to make us better. The return just won't be enough for a player of his calibre. 

This team still needs to add I think. What was wrong tonight in the loss to Winnipeg? Can't score on the pp? That's hard to imagine considering we have Petey, Brock, Miller, Hughes, Lindholm now. Do we need another top six player to trade for? 

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Exactly this. It's silence from these guys when it's all fine and dandy when he's scoring and winning games but the moment he has an off game they come for his head. It's embarrassing and genuinely pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We have to get Quinn's mins down. 4 of the last 10 games he's play'd 28+ mins. This is not a recipe for success. 

I was hoping at the start of the season with more defensive help we could keep him just under 20 minutes a night.

So much for that idea.

5 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Prove that I have bad mouthed every chance I get. You can’t because that in fact never happens. lol. You making uo

crap shows you can’t be taken seriously. It’s easy to make stuff up without backing up what you’re saying. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Prove that I have bad mouthed every chance I get. You can’t because that in fact never happens. lol. You making uo

crap shows you can’t be taken seriously. It’s easy to make stuff up without backing up what you’re saying. 

Why be such a dinkus?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

We have to get Quinn's mins down. 4 of the last 10 games he's play'd 28+ mins. This is not a recipe for success. 

I agree... he's playing too much.

I think he should play less on the PK.

Can't afford to lose him on the PP, but he gets roughed up too much on the PK fighting on the boards and there is always a chance he'll block a shot and get injured.