[PGT] Diving Jets at Canucks

PhillipBlunt

I think if Pittsburgh is still 7-10 points out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline, you load the boat for Guentzel. Stick him with Petey and let Lindholm center Miller and Boeser. That's the top six you win with. 

I have never been silent but make crap up. It just makes you look bad. Of course you can’t prove anything. It’s guys like this… I basically stopped reading. If you aren’t going to back things that you say up you are just wasting your breath.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

47 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

This was foreseeable, wasn't 4-0 as I predicted, but not surprised by the result.  Us fans can sugarcoat what they are getting, but the eye test as a more than 40 almost 50 year fan of hockey and this particular team tells me that this is an incomplete team against the best and the worst teams.  They play down to competition at times, and don't rise to the occasion against some top teams, as we have now seen against Boston and now Winnipeg.  They need a couple of leaders with heart, who play total hockey at all times, and who never take period or nights off.       

And before people say refs this and Juulson that and EP40 missing in action at times, good teams find ways to overcome this and still win.  Hell, make Tocchet a player coach, put him on the ice, and let him show the guys how they need to play.  They need that type of role model.  Hughes banging the boards in frustration or Miller yelling on the ice does not cut it, they need someone who grinds on every shift, who plays like his life is on the line, and will do anything to win.  The closest the Canucks have to that guy is behind the bench.  And I think that management knows this team doesn't have that killer instinct, which is why Phil the Thrill is getting a look.

Idk what more you can ask of the team. Blocked tons of shots, hard forechecks and backchecks, out hit WPG by a landslide, had bodies in front of the net, battled hard all over the ice. Its one fuckin game and a game where the better team lost. WPG didnt do much outside of a couple bounces their way. Vancouver deserved a better fate, but oh well onto the next one. We didnt get pushed around or hemmed in.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I think you're lying.  If memory serves me you badmouth him any chance you get.

After every game the team loses, the Petey whiners all line up to complain.

How many points did Hughes get this game?  How many points did Miller?  How many goals did Boeser?  How many goals Hoglander?  How many goals Lindholm?

Those who think we can trade Pettersson or be stupid enough not sign him and the team will improve are delusional.

Well wake up bozos... you won't get an equal return in any trade.

100 pt players are not a dime a dozen in the NHL, they are rare and tough to find.  When you have one, you keep them... when you don't, you try to trade for one but most of the time no one tradest them.

Pettersson is not perfect, but neither are most of the 100 point guys around right now.  (exception Crosby in the past and Kucherov in the present)

You think we wouldn't be better with Schieffle instead of Petterson? Schieff is a UFA next year. We sign him and let someone take Pete for a few 1st rounders. We would be better off.(by far)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree that trading Pettersson is not going to make us better. The return just won't be enough for a player of his calibre. 

This team still needs to add I think. What was wrong tonight in the loss to Winnipeg? Can't score on the pp? That's hard to imagine considering we have Petey, Brock, Miller, Hughes, Lindholm now. Do we need another top six player to trade for? 

We need a playmaker. We literally don't have one. Miller and Blueger are our only fwds with more primary assists than goals. 

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

And what will be the next excuse when they next lose:  poor reffing, bad ice, bad coaching, poor game management ....  The season is basically three-quarters done, the players have got to man up.  You can't tell me that the coaches haven't been practicing special teams for most if not all of the practice time since the start of the season.  These players have got to put up now, and show they want to win.  I said in another topic that this is probably the end of the EP40 era in Vancouver, because he thinks highly of his value while the results don't show the same value on the ice.  Right now, management would be foolish to reward what he is doing.  I hope that the braintrust sees what I see, and makes a few more adjustments/additions.         

How do you know how EP40 values himself? Just guessing? or thinking?

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree that trading Pettersson is not going to make us better. The return just won't be enough for a player of his calibre. 

This team still needs to add I think. What was wrong tonight in the loss to Winnipeg? Can't score on the pp? That's hard to imagine considering we have Petey, Brock, Miller, Hughes, Lindholm now. Do we need another top six player to trade for? 

Well the reason people mention size is that there is no net front presence at all. Why made Boeser effective early in the year was he was tipping in pucks. Now he is not going to those areas. I guess 30

was enough.

2 minutes ago, Malibu said:

You think we wouldn't be better with Schieffle instead of Petterson? Schieff is a UFA next year. We sign him and let someone take Pete for a few 1st rounders. We would be better off.(by far)

Wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Malibu said:

If Pettersson is as bad as you describe him, you will not get any 1st rounders for him.

Edited by Mr Wes

1 minute ago, Malibu said:

Scheifele is a great player... would be a great addition to the team.

However, you got your facts wrong.  He signed a 7 year contract extension with the Jets this year... along with Hellybyck.

1 minute ago, Mr Wes said:

How do you know how EP40 values himself? Just guessing? or thinking?

i said in another topic 13 million for 4 years would not be surprising, based on not signing now to probably bump up his value, and looking at comparables and who his agent is and what he has done in the past for his clients contract-wise.  Aguess, but a somewhat informed one.    

50 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am starting to wonder about him in terms of big games. Seems to shrivel and fade away. Boeser just seems happy he got to 30. I am pretty disappointed in him. 

Boeser is doing all the things away from the puck just fine. He keeps pace, gets hits in and finds open room. He has always been streaky.

He will probably end the season with 40+ goals. He gets such little respect for his game yet consistently is a 50+ points player. He's fine.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

image.png.6b7c0060bd6e014926cc5c9edfb2a1d7.png

LOL, your comment is almost a carbon copy of the last time I awarded you the dumbest fucking post of the day only thst time you were arguing with Deb 

I could care less you think so highly of yourself that you give out awards. lol. Get off your high horse. You go around and give people awards like it matters. You are too funny and this is pathetic. I find it funny you

think you are that much more important than other posters on here. Moving on.

Rocket 68:

im a big deal GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Scheifele is a great player... would be a great addition to the team.

However, you got your facts wrong.  He signed a 7 year contract extension with the Jets this year... along with Hellybyck.

👍 . 

8 minutes ago, Hockey God said:

Yes, he's got to be in his 70s now.  Don't get me wrong on being negative:  I just think it's time to call out what is beign seen on the ice.  Another sport, but it's like saying LeBron is the best basketball player ever.  Not even close.  No one who plays shoddy defense, is a poor free throw shooter, flops on the floor, and plays only one end of the court can ever be the best.  He fails the eye test in a few key areas.  This team is the same:  no team that fails to win puck battles, take periods and entire games off, has players seemingly uninterested in being consistent scorers, and which cannot support its goaltender when shorthanded will succeed in the playoffs.      

Well, I’ll be the first to agree with you if in the remaining  games against the Jets, Bruins and Vegas, our top lines get shut down.  And yes Gary is really old now.  Did you know he was the first ever player to be chosen in an NHL draft?  He made sure to remind me of that one.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Wes said:

If Pettersson is as bad as you describe him, you will get any 1st rounders for him.

I didn't say he was bad, just not good enough to be the top guy on a cup winner, or worth 8+ million.  Maybe 8 million.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I could care less you think so highly of yourself that you give out awards. lol. Get off your

high horse. You go

around and give people awards like it matters. You are too funny and this is parhetic.

I have given out a grand total of two, both earned by you, congratulations, a well deserved win.

I think you should be put on ignore list  which will now have a grand total of two on it ... coincidence?

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1