★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

America is big on sports during the day, so on holidays there is a lot of daytime games.

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Cuz Canucks have back to back games?  Next game is COL tomorrow night at 6pm.

Thees other games going on now anyways including the Leafs and no holiday here, could have easily done a 6 pm start.

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was not a good first. I am surprised at how little we dominate. We just don’t get a lot or enough shots, I mean in general. We regularly get outshot. It would be interesting to see how many games we have been outshot this year. 

Shots dont count for shit man, only goals. Dont worry about it.

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

I am pretty sure one can turn their skates to angle a puck into the net but as noted a ofe, no pendulum motion. Can anyone confirm this via appropriate rule?

Rule 37.4. You are correct, you can turn your skate to re-direct. The big verbiage is "Distinct Kicking Motion". Basically you can't propel your foot forward, as that would be a kick

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Thees other games going on now anyways including the Leafs and no holiday here, could have easily done a 6 pm start.

The Canucks play tomorrow in Denver. 6:00 pm start isn’t going to work. 

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I am pretty sure one can turn their skates to angle a puck into the net but as noted above, no pendulum motion. Can anyone confirm this via appropriate rule?

Yes, I think it has to be a distinct kicking motion. 

This was ok.

• Thanks 1

What an early game for a Monday, lol. 

Missed the first period in its entirety doing fluid checks on the car before my wife's long road trip today. 

Now to settle in with some home made fries and a coffee and enjoy the heck out of these next two periods!!!

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It was not a good first. I am surprised at how little we dominate. We just don’t get a lot or enough shots, I mean in general. We regularly get outshot. It would be interesting to see how many games we have been outshot this year. 

Might as well check how many of those games we won while you're at it. I bet  it would also be interesting.

Shots on goal does not necessarily indicate game dominance. While I also like to see Canucks possesses puck a lot and create scoring chances after chances, what really matters is how they limit the other team's high-danger opportunities while capitalizing on theirs.