★[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild • Feb 19, 2024

Jaimito

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

F$*king PDO. It's unsustainable ... 😂

Dang, unlucky on the goal. Lost his man though too.

Honestly shot keeper is asleep

I counted way more shots on net than that

There was one in particular, they won a face off and one teed it on gustavsson and he very clearly made a save…no shot count on the play…

Just now, Jaimito said:

Quinn had him and his stick

Went off the skate.  

Yeah, didn't have him good enough though ... obviously haha. Not that Quinn screwed up necessarily. He's a hard guy to cover but he didn't stop the pass or block the player completely.

8 minutes ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Grr 48 seconds from 2 goals on two shots and two thumbs up . Now it’s only one thumb 

It was not a good first. I am surprised at how little we dominate. We just don’t get a lot or enough shots, I mean in general. We regularly get outshot. It would be interesting to see how many games we have been outshot this year. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Been a lotta years that you can re-direct the puck with your skate. The rule now is no kicking motion, aka no pendulum motion.

We should design a soccer style play for Hogs. He's so strong on his skates.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Been a lotta years that you can re-direct the puck with your skate. The rule now is no kicking motion, aka no pendulum motion.

I am pretty sure one can turn their skates to angle a puck into the net but as noted above, no pendulum motion. Can anyone confirm this via appropriate rule?

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Any reason for an 11 am game today when there is no night game in the NHL tonight? 

Cuz Canucks have back to back games?  Next game is COL tomorrow night at 6pm.

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Well, it's there building but I don.t think the Wild were quicker. By the midway part of the period, Canucks were much faster.

It looked to me that the Wild were playing much better and quicker. We didn't generate many rushes at all. Of course we were short-handed for 3 minutes but we never really got goin after that. A lot of defending and dumping the puck out for line-changes.

I would look for Quinn to start skating it around in their zone more hopefully.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Any reason for an 11 am game today when there is no night game in the NHL tonight? 

Refs all night bender means they'll be passed out by 1?

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He’s been good the last few. I am starting to worry about Petey. He had a good shot from a one timer. He just doesn’t dominate shifts like he use to. I still think he is dealing with an injury.

I was talking about Miller, but glad you still have someone to be worried about.

• Cheers 1